saddle bags for 2014 std ??

tdbru

Running like a top
Thread starter
forum community,
since I finished the "necessary" upgrades/farkles, I've been thinking about longer trips on the bike.  Sidecases or saddlebags seem necessary for that kind of trip.  Since it's pretty soggy up here in the PNW much of the year, I'm interested in waterproof of course.  I'm interested in something that can be added or taken off very easily since most of the day rides wouldn't require them, just multiday jaunts.   what are you all using for saddle bags or sidecases?
thanks in advance,
tdbru
 
I just have my top case. I'm not really sure what people are running for saddle bags.

NMx6yrU.jpeg
 
Like Randy B, I mostly rely on a top box. However, for some trips I use a pair of cheap saddlebags I bought in a sale. I no longer remember the brand.


They have a strap under the seat and I bought a generic frame to support them on the side of the bike. I think you can see it in the following picture.


I tie them on to make sure they don't flap around in the breeze. They come with waterproof covers, but I'm not sure how far I'd trust them so, when I use them on trips, I pack anything that needs to stay dry in roll top dry bags of the sort one might use canoeing.
 
Peterb...did the pannier support bars come witht he saddle bags as a unit, or were they a separate item?
 
The side panniers and side racks are two diffrerent sets and were bought separately, but are designed to work together. All are from SW Motech.
You can still buy the side panniers but the side racks are all sold out?, and it is almost impossible to purchese them privetly.
The SW Motech also offers a different set up: SW Motech Pro Blaze for the CB1100

SW Motech link, make sure it fits the CB100
Motorcycle Panniers for Every Adventure

EDIT:

FortNine has these side racks but I cannot see hardware kit or the rear joining bracket #18 and turn signal holder #1 that also holds the lic plate
https://fortnine.ca/en/sw-motech-qu...MIqoqlvfTujQMVCUf_AR1DtAJgEAQYASABEgKFJvD_BwE

Also, I can provide more info if you are interested in this set.
Some pics from the installation manual;
muGboVm.jpg

LrmUDEp.jpg

xZuzaG4.jpg

a4eiIpF.jpg
 
I was lucky enough to snag a set of those SWMotech Evo racks of a guy from the forum several years ago, and absolutely love them. Keep checking ebay, FB groups, etc; they're worth it.
 
Back
Top