Sad... #2

Oh its those stupid little armor vests. Every time I see a guy wearing one of those over a tshirt i laugh out loud. Please....who are these jokers kidding? That's going to do exactly nothing at those speeds. They just wanted to put on a cool vest. Its a costume.

It's rare in this world to be able to know everything about a person just by what they're wearing, but if I see one of those vests I've got your personality 95% clocked.
 
Agree with Mr. P on his points.

I won't even describe here the horrific scene that was photographed and posted on social media a few years ago of a double fatally on I-55 in or just outside of the city of Chicago; it's just too gruesome. The rider and his passenger were the fatalities and no other vehicles were involved. If I recall, they estimated the bike's speed at impact at 125mph.

There are packs of these guys riding around every summer night on the interstates near me. I can hear them starting at around 11pm. I've seen them flying past us in our car. It's nerve racking even for a driver who is an experienced motorcyclist. I imagine that it could put a driver into a panic that causes them to brake or change lanes suddenly. I don't know how I would deal with hitting a bike with my car and killing the rider regardless of my culpability for the incident. These guys don't think about such things. I'm not sure they think about anything other than themselves. That's frustrating. and sad.
 
RE summer nights:

The same issue in the greater Toronto, Canada region - and typically starting around 11 pm and going to maybe 1 am. They are probably generating lots of video trophies.

Their engine whine can be heard from a very long distance.
 
EmptySea_imp said:
Agree with Mr. P on his points.

I won't even describe here the horrific scene that was photographed and posted on social media a few years ago of a double fatally on I-55 in or just outside of the city of Chicago; it's just too gruesome. The rider and his passenger were the fatalities and no other vehicles were involved. If I recall, they estimated the bike's speed at impact at 125mph.

There are packs of these guys riding around every summer night on the interstates near me. I can hear them starting at around 11pm. I've seen them flying past us in our car. It's nerve racking even for a driver who is an experienced motorcyclist. I imagine that it could put a driver into a panic that causes them to brake or change lanes suddenly. I don't know how I would deal with hitting a bike with my car and killing the rider regardless of my culpability for the incident. These guys don't think about such things. I'm not sure they think about anything other than themselves. That's frustrating. and sad.
Tis the exuberance of youth, their mind is in a completely different state than ours, as was mine in my teens and even right into my thirties.
 
Tev62_imp said:
EmptySea_imp said:
Agree with Mr. P on his points.

I won't even describe here the horrific scene that was photographed and posted on social media a few years ago of a double fatally on I-55 in or just outside of the city of Chicago; it's just too gruesome. The rider and his passenger were the fatalities and no other vehicles were involved. If I recall, they estimated the bike's speed at impact at 125mph.

There are packs of these guys riding around every summer night on the interstates near me. I can hear them starting at around 11pm. I've seen them flying past us in our car. It's nerve racking even for a driver who is an experienced motorcyclist. I imagine that it could put a driver into a panic that causes them to brake or change lanes suddenly. I don't know how I would deal with hitting a bike with my car and killing the rider regardless of my culpability for the incident. These guys don't think about such things. I'm not sure they think about anything other than themselves. That's frustrating. and sad.
Tis the exuberance of youth, their mind is in a completely different state than ours, as was mine in my teens and even right into my thirties.
f62f82e43e6c2d181f94202fce01ca6e.jpg
 
Tev62_imp said:
EmptySea_imp said:
Agree with Mr. P on his points.

I won't even describe here the horrific scene that was photographed and posted on social media a few years ago of a double fatally on I-55 in or just outside of the city of Chicago; it's just too gruesome. The rider and his passenger were the fatalities and no other vehicles were involved. If I recall, they estimated the bike's speed at impact at 125mph.

There are packs of these guys riding around every summer night on the interstates near me. I can hear them starting at around 11pm. I've seen them flying past us in our car. It's nerve racking even for a driver who is an experienced motorcyclist. I imagine that it could put a driver into a panic that causes them to brake or change lanes suddenly. I don't know how I would deal with hitting a bike with my car and killing the rider regardless of my culpability for the incident. These guys don't think about such things. I'm not sure they think about anything other than themselves. That's frustrating. and sad.
Tis the exuberance of youth, their mind is in a completely different state than ours, as was mine in my teens and even right into my thirties.
Tis the exuberance of youth, their mind is in a completely different state than ours, as was mine in my teens and even right into my thirties.
Their mind is not in a completely different state because they are young. That’s insulting to every young person whose “exuberance” leads them only to actions like cutting class or smoking weed. These guys don’t get to play the “immaturity” card. Sorry. They have no excuse for what they do. They deserve none. They are stupid and selfish period and deserve no quarter.
 
EmptySea_imp said:
Agree with Mr. P on his points.

I won't even describe here the horrific scene that was photographed and posted on social media a few years ago of a double fatally on I-55 in or just outside of the city of Chicago; it's just too gruesome. The rider and his passenger were the fatalities and no other vehicles were involved. If I recall, they estimated the bike's speed at impact at 125mph.

There are packs of these guys riding around every summer night on the interstates near me. I can hear them starting at around 11pm. I've seen them flying past us in our car. It's nerve racking even for a driver who is an experienced motorcyclist. I imagine that it could put a driver into a panic that causes them to brake or change lanes suddenly. I don't know how I would deal with hitting a bike with my car and killing the rider regardless of my culpability for the incident. These guys don't think about such things. I'm not sure they think about anything other than themselves. That's frustrating. and sad.
My Aunt had this happen to her. She just stepped out for groceries and a 20 year old decided to see how fast he could go on a road with no traffic lights for cars leaving the busy supermarket. The speed limit on the road was 35 mph. The responding accident investigator estimated the bikes speed at over 120 mph when he struck the side of my Aunts car just behind the rear driver’s side door. It spun her Subaru Outback almost two revolutions and totaled her car. The young boy was killed instantly. She had horrible guilt about that for years, even though she couldn’t have possibly prevented it. He was going so fast that she never even saw him.
 
Every generation past, present, and future seems to unceasingly spawn a collection of selfish and immature [mostly male] persons that is a waste of skin. I don't see this stopping in my lifetime, and likely for many more.
 
Tragic story for everyone Whoops.
 
Everyone of my riding buddies without fail back in the day had to at least occasionally ride our bikes to max speed. Almost 50 years ago my CB750 topped out at about 120 mph. Today the speeds available for these young guns are unbelievable by comparison. At least in my peer group surviving our fearless stage wasn't a given. Luckily most of us survived without too many scars.

I am glad our bikes didn't have 200 mph top speeds back then. None of us may have survived that.

 
that's true Dave (nice pic btw)

in 1977 I bought the most powerful bike available at the time, a new 1977 Kawasaki KZ1000. It had 83 hp and weighed 541 pounds (Sound familiar CB1100 owners? lol). Had a top speed of 132 mph (about what an unrestricted CB 1100 would be). So the baddest bike available in 1977 was almost exactly like a modern CB 1100 which is now considered an over weight, under powered dog. lol

b90e2cce8f83d504b630c875b4fb9b3f.jpg
 
lol that's a young Mrs Ferret. We had been married 4 years at that point riding together for 5 and touring together for 3. A few weeks ago we celebrated 47 years of marriage. She finally decided she was done riding in February this year. We had a good run (of riding). Still working on the good run of being married lol.

here she is last fall on the FJR

523dc17a3edd5b2275cffca42b796b86.jpg
 
Back
Top