Ryujin!

CB4ME_imp

Road warrior
Thread starter
I'm passing this along from Mr T. I'm sure this just scratches the surface. And is you have to ask, you probably can't afford it :D

Regards to the Ryujin parts for the CB1100,
I can get parts from them. What are you interested in?

Titanium Exhaust systems: 235000~256000Yen
http://ryujin-japan.jp/bike/cat26/

Seat: 75000~92000Yen. *Includes Honda stock seat cost.
http://ryujin-japan.jp/bike/112/

Front fairing: 64800~81000Yen
http://ryujin-japan.jp/bike/113/post_8.html

*Most of items are built-to-order: 2~6weeks

Feel free to let me know if you have any questions.

Best regards,

Takashi Takase

P.S. WM is also developing some interesting accessories for the CB1100. It is coming soon.
http://www.wmpdt.co.jp/wm.html



34477b9ec0f1bf81a5b0930ccdf62d1f.jpg
 
I haven't really had mush interest in fairings. Only one I ever really liked was on a Ducati Desmo I had back in the '70s. But the aluminum cowl fairing is really starting to grow on me.
 
It's amazing that riders/builders will literally spend more on bikes than the bike actually cost. I'm sure this bike is either there, or very close to that mark. And if they aren't building it for a specific customer, it's highly unlikely they'll ever recover the expenses. That's why I always chuckle when I see an ad for a bike with something like "Over $8,000 invested in upgrades." An investment is a recoverable outlay. Bike goodies are an expense!

It is cool though...I wish I could blow that much on my bike.
 
The Spaceman_imp said:
It's amazing that riders/builders will literally spend more on bikes than the bike actually cost. I'm sure this bike is either there, or very close to that mark. And if they aren't building it for a specific customer, it's highly unlikely they'll ever recover the expenses. That's why I always chuckle when I see an ad for a bike with something like "Over $8,000 invested in upgrades." An investment is a recoverable outlay. Bike goodies are an expense!

It is cool though...I wish I could blow that much on my bike.
I guess the folks writing the ads are hoping that the buyer will help them recover their "investment".

There was a time when used airplane prices were rising about 10% per year. A lot of my pilot friends would buy and call it an investment. Only later did they figure out that the money they were spending to maintain their fancy birds easily outstripped any appreciation in their "investment".
 
In the real world!! If you buy a new 2014 bike sell it 6 months later with low miles you will lose money! If you added say $4k in parts you will lose that $4k also. Keep the bike 30 years you might break even :)
 
Thread starter
I'm obviously not in this to make money but rather to burn it on stuff I like. If and when I sell my bike ($20K "investment") I'll be lucky to recoup 25% of that.
 
HikerToo_imp said:
I like that seat, looks like the Ryujin site shows it at 39000, been looking for a solo seat, but did not want to spend >$700 on the K&H ones...

http://ryujin-japan.jp/bike/112/post_15.html
I believe the quoted price of ¥39,000 for that Ryujin seat does not include the cost of the actual seat itself. So you either have to send them your stock seat, or purchase one separately. I ordered through Takashi of Samurider.com; as always, he makes purchasing from Japan easy. The Ryujin seat is not cheap, but I justified the price by figuring that Ryujin deserves credit for the design. I wanted this model the minute I saw it. The lip at the rear of the seat was precisely what I'd been looking for, as the stock bench seat sometimes felt like it wasn't holding me on the bike. I have posted a review of this Ryujin seat along with comparative side view photos on a separate thread elsewhere on this forum.
 
CB1100 original sheet
Sheet
Vehicle base price 39,000 yen
One place shape change, white piping, skin changes, embroidery Specifications:

Option

Piping, stitch each color can be changed

Memory foam + gel processing: 16,200 yen
 
Back
Top