Russell Saddle

Redbird_imp

Running like a top
Thread starter
I've never ridden a bike with a seat this wide or deep. Doesn't it make it more difficult to get your butt from one side of the bike to the other when cornering?
 
Thread starter
Yes, it does. I don't usually take corners that aggressively. If I'm going out for a 400 mile or more ride though it makes a big difference on my comfort level. I've had Russell seats on most all of my bikes that I would use for trips. Since I no longer have a dedicated touring motorcycle, the CB is for that as well as heading out for a short run to town.
 
Thread starter
I have a Givi Top Case that goes on the Honda rear rack that I did not have mounted when I took the pics. Plus side cases from my 2013 CB that I will get the mounts set up for after I relocate the rear blinkers. I've been procrastinating on that, but I do need to just get to work on it. Also a dry bag to strap on the pillion section of the seat.
 
very unique, looks like great quality. I was on their site and I see another design for the CB11 as well (half moon shape). did you design your saddle yourself or was it from a design they had already?
 


Russell makes a line called Sport Seats which have somewhat less pronounced "wings" than their standard seats. I had this done to my CBF1000 as shown in the photo.

It was absolutely the most comfortable seat, while riding. However, even with the smaller wings, they initially seemed to dig into my legs when I came to a stop with one or both legs on the ground. This became a little less noticeable as time when on, but it helped to slide forward a bit on the seat before a stop.

The best application for the Russells are cruisers with very low seat heights. Then the wings are almost no hindrance at stops.
 
Thread starter
jrns, the design is what I got when I specified "rectangles" as the seat stiching pattern. I did pick their graphite color, got the seating surface in leather, the sides in vinyl.

Gumby, that's what I do when I come to a stop. Since I've had these seats on other bikes, sliding forward a bit as I'm stopping is something I do without even thinking about it. I really though about getting a Sport Seat this time around, almost ordered it that way.

Ken
 
Redbird_imp said:
jrns, the design is what I got when I specified "rectangles" as the seat stiching pattern. I did pick their graphite color, got the seating surface in leather, the sides in vinyl.

Gumby, that's what I do when I come to a stop. Since I've had these seats on other bikes, sliding forward a bit as I'm stopping is something I do without even thinking about it. I really though about getting a Sport Seat this time around, almost ordered it that way.

Ken
really interesting Ken, thanks
 
I have the RDL on my Griso, a decidedly sportier bike than the CB and it is by far the best seat I have ever used. It's a touring seat so hanging off is simply not required (back in the day folks didn't hang off anyway and rode very sportingly - you can get pretty darn aggressive without hanging off). For what it's designed for, it's great.

It is not something that is easy on the eye though, best experienced when you can't see it; like when you are riding! :angel:

Thanks for the pictures; I've been thinking about a RDL for the CB and wondered how it would look.
 
Back
Top