running into the son

the Ferret

Road warrior
Thread starter
This morning after watching the MotoGP race I was itching for a ride (always am after watching MotoGP for some reason) especially after not getting to ride yesterday because of heavy rain. 1st day this month I didn't ride.

Anyhow I grab the CB, and go out and hit some of my favorite local roads. At one point I look out ahead of me and see another rider. (look center of picture)



The blue jacket and form look familiar. I gas it a bit and catch up and follow for awhile

[url=http://smg.photobucket.com/user/theferret111/media/CB%20riding%20with%20Randy%20and%20Brian%20031_zps3zqmgmm5.jpg.html]

[url=http://smg.photobucket.com/user/theferret111/media/CB%20riding%20with%20Randy%20and%20Brian%20021_zpscuz2rebm.jpg.html]

Finally the rider spots me in his bar end mirrors and pulls over. It was my son Brian. B as we call him is a very good rider (better than his ol man by a bunch). We gave him his first bike, a Z50 Honda, when he was 5. He has always had at least one bike since then. He has 3 now, this FZ-1, a Ducati Monster and a KX 200 Kawasaki. At 36 he loves riding as much as and maybe more than I do.

[url=http://smg.photobucket.com/user/theferret111/media/CB%20riding%20with%20Randy%20and%20Brian%20034_zps33jmhpkx.jpg.html]

Does he look familiar?..only younger? lol

[url=http://smg.photobucket.com/user/theferret111/media/CB%20riding%20with%20Randy%20and%20Brian%20035_zpsaqmb1y5l.jpg.html]

Anyhow we chat. He is not headed anywhere, just "free riding". Care if I join you? Please do he says, and off we go.

I lead for awhile

[url=http://smg.photobucket.com/user/theferret111/media/CB%20riding%20with%20Randy%20and%20Brian%20060_zpsffmd7ppt.jpg.html]

then wave him around and follow for awhile

[url=http://smg.photobucket.com/user/theferret111/media/CB%20riding%20with%20Randy%20and%20Brian%20066_zpscciec5il.jpg.html]

[url=http://smg.photobucket.com/user/theferret111/media/CB%20riding%20with%20Randy%20and%20Brian%20067_zpsanzyaqdm.jpg.html]

When we get a few miles from home, we stop and I tell him I have to go because I promised his mom a ride on the ST, so we split up and go our separate ways. Was great running into him and riding with him for awhile. Good kid! (guess I should say nice young man)

Got home and switched bikes and took his mom out for a 50 miler, but that's a story for another day.
 
Great, feel good post. Throw some eyeglasses on your kid and I wouldn't be able to tell the difference! Okay, maybe a slight overstatement but, yes, the similarities are striking.
 
Thread starter
MG he had lasik. I'm a big scardy cat of things in my eyes (even lasers) so I put up with the spectacles.
 
Nice post. Gonna see my son tomorrow. No motorcycles involved this time, but it's always great to see him. Always a great day when you can ride with loved ones, I think.
 
Thanks for sharing this story Mickey. I believe that I enjoyed reading this as much as anything I've ever read on this forum. :thumbsup:
 
A post well worth reading. Both of you blokes look as happy as a pair of Cheshire Cats. And why wouldn't you?

Cheers, and Ferret, you are very handy with that camera.
 
Great post Ferret. I envy you. None of my sons has chosen to ride. I also really like the idea of being able to go for a ride and 'run into' one of your children doing the same thing.
 
Thread starter
B is so busy these days. demanding job, built a home about a year ago with lots of grass to mow, 2 year old and a newborn. Nice for him to get out and ride a bit.

We take the Men's Fall Trip every year together (documented well in the seat time reports) along with my brother and B's father in law. Other than that, we don't get to ride together very much.

Always nice running into him out on some curvy road
 
Thread starter
It all starts somewhere Novice. That may be your kids start right there.
 
Ferret, nice report and your son does look like you, just a bit more svelt. And Novice...nice looking kids . My youngest daughter and my son don't ride (maybe someday...). But my oldest daughter owned a Suzuki SV650 for a while and we did get in some nice rides. This is her a few years back at Daytona standing next to her SV and my Harley. Alas... she got tired of it and sold it. Maybe someday....

0fd6b95e002abed3cea7d68364c5713a.jpg



Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
 
Thread starter
What made her lose interest ride4now?
 
Ferret, the official word is she bought a house and felt that this toy was too
expensive to keep. But I think she tired of the riding position on that bike,
and the heat and humidity here in Florida. Not to mention the flat and
straight roads. She had a lot of fun with it when she lived in Arkansas!
 
Back
Top