RS custum paint scheme - please comment !

j3gq_imp

Been there
Thread starter
I'd be very curious about your comments to this custom paint scheme, boring ... lovely .... etc ?
This is a 2017 RS, originally black, the former owner needed a change in colors (and a comfy seat).

[attachment=13031]
[attachment=13032]
 
I wouldn't choose white as a factory color when buying a bike (just my personal preference), but that scheme is very nice :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
 
I think that pearl white looks great but I would have went with a black clutch cover instead of silver and would.not have painted the forks between brace a triple tree. I do like the white headlight bucket though! Definitely would have done black represents also to keep the focus on the gorgeous white on the tins and tank

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk
 
I think that's tastefully done, but I would have left the gold off the engine and chain guard. Just a splash of gold for the Honda wings, good on the lower forks and canister (what does that even do?)--that would have been enough for me.

And for those who like to check under their rear fender for grime, what better color than white to show that off? : )
 
Looks good to me. Yea I'm not keen on the gold bits but overall very pleasing
 
Bike looks great, no doubt about it, but some tank stripes or other accents would definitely give it more vibe and aggressive look...
 
My opinion is that it looks good in white but I would have been a bit more restrained with the paint brush. The tank and side panels in white with the rest left original would be my preferece.
 
spechg_imp said:
My opinion is that it looks good in white but I would have been a bit more restrained with the paint brush. The tank and side panels in white with the rest left original would be my preferece.
That is exactly what I was thinking, although I don't mind the white fenders. But especially the gold is just too much. The CB1100 is a modest, classy and restrained motorbike, and the gold makes it just too flashy.
 
I really like the paint, but I thought it was a really light silver color. I don't like the gold though. Especially the chain guard. But, overall a beautiful bike.
 
If I had to find something to like about that bike...the valve cover is nice.

And I suppose the swing arm is cool since it is aluminum.

I don't care for any other parts. Just not my style.

Glad you like it though! That is all that matters.
 
First thought: unusual. The raised handlebar and stepped seat changes the RS style from 80s superbike to cruiser. Then colours. The white in combination with black 17" wheels makes it visually top heavy. And then there's the odd bits of gold. Hmm.... I think if it was my bike I'd probably replace the white (or is it light silver?) with black and consider extending the gold to all engine covers and wheels (I'm a sucker for 70s F1 JPS Lotus). However, if I wanted to keep the white (or silver) I'd go silver or black on the engine covers and chain guard. But, as already said, taste is really individual and it looks nicely executed as is.
 
Thread starter
Really interesting answers, thanks ! A related question:
the standard RS of 2017/18 comes all in black, do you like the standard better than this custom white (and gold) ?

(I think I do)
 
Back
Top