Royal Enfield 650 Interceptor

Nachodaddy_imp said:
GoldOxide_imp said:
... I would expect to "improve" (refine?) in the next generations to come, particularly as AI matures.

English today certainly is not what is was in 1850.
Ah, the good old days. 1850, when I was only a wee lad. Differently we spake then, but spake we did.
What motorcycle forums did you visit back then, Nacho?
 
Tev62_imp said:
Nachodaddy_imp said:
GoldOxide_imp said:
... I would expect to "improve" (refine?) in the next generations to come, particularly as AI matures.

English today certainly is not what is was in 1850.
Ah, the good old days. 1850, when I was only a wee lad. Differently we spake then, but spake we did.
1850, by that time it was positively modern! What about old English? :D

The earliest form of the English language – was spoken and written in Anglo-Saxon Britain from c. 450 CE until c. 1150 (thus it continued to be used for some decades after the Norman Conquest of 1066)
1850, by that time it was positively modern! What about old English? :D

The earliest form of the English language – was spoken and written in Anglo-Saxon Britain from c. 450 CE until c. 1150 (thus it continued to be used for some decades after the Norman Conquest of 1066)
lol - of course. I had to pick a time that many of us might be able to associate with thanks to Netflix, Prime, and so on.
 
Cormanus_imp said:
Nachodaddy_imp said:
GoldOxide_imp said:
... I would expect to "improve" (refine?) in the next generations to come, particularly as AI matures.

English today certainly is not what is was in 1850.
Ah, the good old days. 1850, when I was only a wee lad. Differently we spake then, but spake we did.
What motorcycle forums did you visit back then, Nacho?
What motorcycle forums did you visit back then, Nacho?
:rofl:
Cormanus, my memory is a bit hazy, but there was one where a horse stood on a two-wheel wooden platform and ran and somehow turned the wheels and it was considered very advanced. Compound fractures were common. Sometimes they shot the horse, sometimes the rider, usually both. I don't think it ever caught on in too many places.
 
While i havnt read this thread as of yet ... i will , whya royal is this seen it yesterday

b65f489e2059255c43bd604363ff9cc6.jpg

8f15be5a55452e60b6b691be1e075ce7.jpg
 
Nice looking red...RE does well with color availability, 7 options. And the names they gave them: Orange Crush, Downtown Drag, Baker Express, Sunset Strip--which, appropriately has a burnt red and yellow stripe at the bottom of a dark tank as if that's the last view of the sunset as night approaches.
 
Just getting home from a two-week slog to finish our company's event season. I saw a few RE 650s on this trip - a red Continental GT in Indianapolis, and a Baker Express Interceptor in Nashville.

Got home Monday night and started catching up with the world over the past few days. Had a few nickel/dime pieces on order with the local dealership, OC Motorcycle, so I figured I'd call to check on the status. The other end answered "Um... hello?" I asked if this was the dealership, and was told that they had just decided to close on Saturday. Seems like it was some sort of family issue according to their Facebook page. Bummer! This place was minutes from my office, and sold Triumph, Royal Enfield, and some other European brands. Doesn't leave me stranded, there's another dealership about 20 minutes from home, and one twenty minutes from Mom's place.

So, Pdedse, you sold yours! I know it was intended to be a short-term bike, and hope you're enjoying your Kawi.

I'm not planning to sell my Interceptor yet, but... I got tempted yesterday. Mrs. G and her brother were flying off from San Diego on a two-week trip. I dropped them off and having a day to myself in San Diego, decided to do a city hike. I made my destination a dealership, GP Motorcycles. An MV Agusta Superveloce was displayed behind ropes in the showroom. Drop-dead gorgeous. Across from it, was a new Guzzi V7 Special in dark blue. That bike really caught my eye. Shaft drive, and screw adjuster valves hanging out in the breeze would make maintenance a snap. Very tempting.

With my fleet covered and on tenders while I was gone, I unwrapped the Interceptor for the ride to work this morning. Nice to be back on two wheels.
 
... the Moto Guzzi V7* is indeed some sort of fun.

The V85TT I acquired early summer is still embedding itself into my fabric. The fun just never ends.
 
Gone in 60_imp said:
Just getting home from a two-week slog to finish our company's event season. I saw a few RE 650s on this trip - a red Continental GT in Indianapolis, and a Baker Express Interceptor in Nashville.

Got home Monday night and started catching up with the world over the past few days. Had a few nickel/dime pieces on order with the local dealership, OC Motorcycle, so I figured I'd call to check on the status. The other end answered "Um... hello?" I asked if this was the dealership, and was told that they had just decided to close on Saturday. Seems like it was some sort of family issue according to their Facebook page. Bummer! This place was minutes from my office, and sold Triumph, Royal Enfield, and some other European brands. Doesn't leave me stranded, there's another dealership about 20 minutes from home, and one twenty minutes from Mom's place.

So, Pdedse, you sold yours! I know it was intended to be a short-term bike, and hope you're enjoying your Kawi.

I'm not planning to sell my Interceptor yet, but... I got tempted yesterday. Mrs. G and her brother were flying off from San Diego on a two-week trip. I dropped them off and having a day to myself in San Diego, decided to do a city hike. I made my destination a dealership, GP Motorcycles. An MV Agusta Superveloce was displayed behind ropes in the showroom. Drop-dead gorgeous. Across from it, was a new Guzzi V7 Special in dark blue. That bike really caught my eye. Shaft drive, and screw adjuster valves hanging out in the breeze would make maintenance a snap. Very tempting.

With my fleet covered and on tenders while I was gone, I unwrapped the Interceptor for the ride to work this morning. Nice to be back on two wheels.
I think that Baker Express color option is very cool. If I started over, I'd buy that one. Too bad about the dealership close to you closing, but at least you'll not be tempted by the Triumphs!

Gone in 60_imp said:
Just getting home from a two-week slog to finish our company's event season. I saw a few RE 650s on this trip - a red Continental GT in Indianapolis, and a Baker Express Interceptor in Nashville.

Got home Monday night and started catching up with the world over the past few days. Had a few nickel/dime pieces on order with the local dealership, OC Motorcycle, so I figured I'd call to check on the status. The other end answered "Um... hello?" I asked if this was the dealership, and was told that they had just decided to close on Saturday. Seems like it was some sort of family issue according to their Facebook page. Bummer! This place was minutes from my office, and sold Triumph, Royal Enfield, and some other European brands. Doesn't leave me stranded, there's another dealership about 20 minutes from home, and one twenty minutes from Mom's place.

So, Pdedse, you sold yours! I know it was intended to be a short-term bike, and hope you're enjoying your Kawi.

I'm not planning to sell my Interceptor yet, but... I got tempted yesterday. Mrs. G and her brother were flying off from San Diego on a two-week trip. I dropped them off and having a day to myself in San Diego, decided to do a city hike. I made my destination a dealership, GP Motorcycles. An MV Agusta Superveloce was displayed behind ropes in the showroom. Drop-dead gorgeous. Across from it, was a new Guzzi V7 Special in dark blue. That bike really caught my eye. Shaft drive, and screw adjuster valves hanging out in the breeze would make maintenance a snap. Very tempting.

With my fleet covered and on tenders while I was gone, I unwrapped the Interceptor for the ride to work this morning. Nice to be back on two wheels.
I could easily have kept the RE Orange, but my 3 year window of opportunity for buy/sell/buy struck one more time. Nearly certain there won't be another for a good many years. But the blue W800 is the one I really wanted instead of the café version a few years back, so when my search finally found one, I moved on it. Just 200 miles so far...smiles are smiles...in blue!

Gone in 60_imp said:
Just getting home from a two-week slog to finish our company's event season. I saw a few RE 650s on this trip - a red Continental GT in Indianapolis, and a Baker Express Interceptor in Nashville.

Got home Monday night and started catching up with the world over the past few days. Had a few nickel/dime pieces on order with the local dealership, OC Motorcycle, so I figured I'd call to check on the status. The other end answered "Um... hello?" I asked if this was the dealership, and was told that they had just decided to close on Saturday. Seems like it was some sort of family issue according to their Facebook page. Bummer! This place was minutes from my office, and sold Triumph, Royal Enfield, and some other European brands. Doesn't leave me stranded, there's another dealership about 20 minutes from home, and one twenty minutes from Mom's place.

So, Pdedse, you sold yours! I know it was intended to be a short-term bike, and hope you're enjoying your Kawi.

I'm not planning to sell my Interceptor yet, but... I got tempted yesterday. Mrs. G and her brother were flying off from San Diego on a two-week trip. I dropped them off and having a day to myself in San Diego, decided to do a city hike. I made my destination a dealership, GP Motorcycles. An MV Agusta Superveloce was displayed behind ropes in the showroom. Drop-dead gorgeous. Across from it, was a new Guzzi V7 Special in dark blue. That bike really caught my eye. Shaft drive, and screw adjuster valves hanging out in the breeze would make maintenance a snap. Very tempting.

With my fleet covered and on tenders while I was gone, I unwrapped the Interceptor for the ride to work this morning. Nice to be back on two wheels.
Blue! Be very careful (use your best Elmer Fudd voice). I got to ride a friend's V7 for a day several years back. Beautiful bike, very pleasing to ride.

QUESTION: was the blue V7 with the brown seat?
 
pdedse_imp said:
Gone in 60_imp said:
Just getting home from a two-week slog to finish our company's event season. I saw a few RE 650s on this trip - a red Continental GT in Indianapolis, and a Baker Express Interceptor in Nashville.

Got home Monday night and started catching up with the world over the past few days. Had a few nickel/dime pieces on order with the local dealership, OC Motorcycle, so I figured I'd call to check on the status. The other end answered "Um... hello?" I asked if this was the dealership, and was told that they had just decided to close on Saturday. Seems like it was some sort of family issue according to their Facebook page. Bummer! This place was minutes from my office, and sold Triumph, Royal Enfield, and some other European brands. Doesn't leave me stranded, there's another dealership about 20 minutes from home, and one twenty minutes from Mom's place.

So, Pdedse, you sold yours! I know it was intended to be a short-term bike, and hope you're enjoying your Kawi.

I'm not planning to sell my Interceptor yet, but... I got tempted yesterday. Mrs. G and her brother were flying off from San Diego on a two-week trip. I dropped them off and having a day to myself in San Diego, decided to do a city hike. I made my destination a dealership, GP Motorcycles. An MV Agusta Superveloce was displayed behind ropes in the showroom. Drop-dead gorgeous. Across from it, was a new Guzzi V7 Special in dark blue. That bike really caught my eye. Shaft drive, and screw adjuster valves hanging out in the breeze would make maintenance a snap. Very tempting.

With my fleet covered and on tenders while I was gone, I unwrapped the Interceptor for the ride to work this morning. Nice to be back on two wheels.
I think that Baker Express color option is very cool. If I started over, I'd buy that one. Too bad about the dealership close to you closing, but at least you'll not be tempted by the Triumphs!

Gone in 60_imp said:
Just getting home from a two-week slog to finish our company's event season. I saw a few RE 650s on this trip - a red Continental GT in Indianapolis, and a Baker Express Interceptor in Nashville.

Got home Monday night and started catching up with the world over the past few days. Had a few nickel/dime pieces on order with the local dealership, OC Motorcycle, so I figured I'd call to check on the status. The other end answered "Um... hello?" I asked if this was the dealership, and was told that they had just decided to close on Saturday. Seems like it was some sort of family issue according to their Facebook page. Bummer! This place was minutes from my office, and sold Triumph, Royal Enfield, and some other European brands. Doesn't leave me stranded, there's another dealership about 20 minutes from home, and one twenty minutes from Mom's place.

So, Pdedse, you sold yours! I know it was intended to be a short-term bike, and hope you're enjoying your Kawi.

I'm not planning to sell my Interceptor yet, but... I got tempted yesterday. Mrs. G and her brother were flying off from San Diego on a two-week trip. I dropped them off and having a day to myself in San Diego, decided to do a city hike. I made my destination a dealership, GP Motorcycles. An MV Agusta Superveloce was displayed behind ropes in the showroom. Drop-dead gorgeous. Across from it, was a new Guzzi V7 Special in dark blue. That bike really caught my eye. Shaft drive, and screw adjuster valves hanging out in the breeze would make maintenance a snap. Very tempting.

With my fleet covered and on tenders while I was gone, I unwrapped the Interceptor for the ride to work this morning. Nice to be back on two wheels.
I could easily have kept the RE Orange, but my 3 year window of opportunity for buy/sell/buy struck one more time. Nearly certain there won't be another for a good many years. But the blue W800 is the one I really wanted instead of the café version a few years back, so when my search finally found one, I moved on it. Just 200 miles so far...smiles are smiles...in blue!

Gone in 60_imp said:
Just getting home from a two-week slog to finish our company's event season. I saw a few RE 650s on this trip - a red Continental GT in Indianapolis, and a Baker Express Interceptor in Nashville.

Got home Monday night and started catching up with the world over the past few days. Had a few nickel/dime pieces on order with the local dealership, OC Motorcycle, so I figured I'd call to check on the status. The other end answered "Um... hello?" I asked if this was the dealership, and was told that they had just decided to close on Saturday. Seems like it was some sort of family issue according to their Facebook page. Bummer! This place was minutes from my office, and sold Triumph, Royal Enfield, and some other European brands. Doesn't leave me stranded, there's another dealership about 20 minutes from home, and one twenty minutes from Mom's place.

So, Pdedse, you sold yours! I know it was intended to be a short-term bike, and hope you're enjoying your Kawi.

I'm not planning to sell my Interceptor yet, but... I got tempted yesterday. Mrs. G and her brother were flying off from San Diego on a two-week trip. I dropped them off and having a day to myself in San Diego, decided to do a city hike. I made my destination a dealership, GP Motorcycles. An MV Agusta Superveloce was displayed behind ropes in the showroom. Drop-dead gorgeous. Across from it, was a new Guzzi V7 Special in dark blue. That bike really caught my eye. Shaft drive, and screw adjuster valves hanging out in the breeze would make maintenance a snap. Very tempting.

With my fleet covered and on tenders while I was gone, I unwrapped the Interceptor for the ride to work this morning. Nice to be back on two wheels.
Blue! Be very careful (use your best Elmer Fudd voice). I got to ride a friend's V7 for a day several years back. Beautiful bike, very pleasing to ride.

QUESTION: was the blue V7 with the brown seat?
No, Pdedse, it's this one - a dark, metallic slate blue. Not jazzed about the modern-looking "850" stripe on the tank. It breaks up the nostalgic vibe of the bike. I'm sure I could live with it, but not ready to drop a bunch of cash on a new bike right now. Besides, I just bought the Interceptor in January, so it's still "new to me."
 
Gone in 60_imp said:
pdedse_imp said:
Gone in 60_imp said:
Just getting home from a two-week slog to finish our company's event season. I saw a few RE 650s on this trip - a red Continental GT in Indianapolis, and a Baker Express Interceptor in Nashville.

Got home Monday night and started catching up with the world over the past few days. Had a few nickel/dime pieces on order with the local dealership, OC Motorcycle, so I figured I'd call to check on the status. The other end answered "Um... hello?" I asked if this was the dealership, and was told that they had just decided to close on Saturday. Seems like it was some sort of family issue according to their Facebook page. Bummer! This place was minutes from my office, and sold Triumph, Royal Enfield, and some other European brands. Doesn't leave me stranded, there's another dealership about 20 minutes from home, and one twenty minutes from Mom's place.

So, Pdedse, you sold yours! I know it was intended to be a short-term bike, and hope you're enjoying your Kawi.

I'm not planning to sell my Interceptor yet, but... I got tempted yesterday. Mrs. G and her brother were flying off from San Diego on a two-week trip. I dropped them off and having a day to myself in San Diego, decided to do a city hike. I made my destination a dealership, GP Motorcycles. An MV Agusta Superveloce was displayed behind ropes in the showroom. Drop-dead gorgeous. Across from it, was a new Guzzi V7 Special in dark blue. That bike really caught my eye. Shaft drive, and screw adjuster valves hanging out in the breeze would make maintenance a snap. Very tempting.

With my fleet covered and on tenders while I was gone, I unwrapped the Interceptor for the ride to work this morning. Nice to be back on two wheels.
I think that Baker Express color option is very cool. If I started over, I'd buy that one. Too bad about the dealership close to you closing, but at least you'll not be tempted by the Triumphs!

Gone in 60_imp said:
Just getting home from a two-week slog to finish our company's event season. I saw a few RE 650s on this trip - a red Continental GT in Indianapolis, and a Baker Express Interceptor in Nashville.

Got home Monday night and started catching up with the world over the past few days. Had a few nickel/dime pieces on order with the local dealership, OC Motorcycle, so I figured I'd call to check on the status. The other end answered "Um... hello?" I asked if this was the dealership, and was told that they had just decided to close on Saturday. Seems like it was some sort of family issue according to their Facebook page. Bummer! This place was minutes from my office, and sold Triumph, Royal Enfield, and some other European brands. Doesn't leave me stranded, there's another dealership about 20 minutes from home, and one twenty minutes from Mom's place.

So, Pdedse, you sold yours! I know it was intended to be a short-term bike, and hope you're enjoying your Kawi.

I'm not planning to sell my Interceptor yet, but... I got tempted yesterday. Mrs. G and her brother were flying off from San Diego on a two-week trip. I dropped them off and having a day to myself in San Diego, decided to do a city hike. I made my destination a dealership, GP Motorcycles. An MV Agusta Superveloce was displayed behind ropes in the showroom. Drop-dead gorgeous. Across from it, was a new Guzzi V7 Special in dark blue. That bike really caught my eye. Shaft drive, and screw adjuster valves hanging out in the breeze would make maintenance a snap. Very tempting.

With my fleet covered and on tenders while I was gone, I unwrapped the Interceptor for the ride to work this morning. Nice to be back on two wheels.
I could easily have kept the RE Orange, but my 3 year window of opportunity for buy/sell/buy struck one more time. Nearly certain there won't be another for a good many years. But the blue W800 is the one I really wanted instead of the café version a few years back, so when my search finally found one, I moved on it. Just 200 miles so far...smiles are smiles...in blue!

Gone in 60_imp said:
Just getting home from a two-week slog to finish our company's event season. I saw a few RE 650s on this trip - a red Continental GT in Indianapolis, and a Baker Express Interceptor in Nashville.

Got home Monday night and started catching up with the world over the past few days. Had a few nickel/dime pieces on order with the local dealership, OC Motorcycle, so I figured I'd call to check on the status. The other end answered "Um... hello?" I asked if this was the dealership, and was told that they had just decided to close on Saturday. Seems like it was some sort of family issue according to their Facebook page. Bummer! This place was minutes from my office, and sold Triumph, Royal Enfield, and some other European brands. Doesn't leave me stranded, there's another dealership about 20 minutes from home, and one twenty minutes from Mom's place.

So, Pdedse, you sold yours! I know it was intended to be a short-term bike, and hope you're enjoying your Kawi.

I'm not planning to sell my Interceptor yet, but... I got tempted yesterday. Mrs. G and her brother were flying off from San Diego on a two-week trip. I dropped them off and having a day to myself in San Diego, decided to do a city hike. I made my destination a dealership, GP Motorcycles. An MV Agusta Superveloce was displayed behind ropes in the showroom. Drop-dead gorgeous. Across from it, was a new Guzzi V7 Special in dark blue. That bike really caught my eye. Shaft drive, and screw adjuster valves hanging out in the breeze would make maintenance a snap. Very tempting.

With my fleet covered and on tenders while I was gone, I unwrapped the Interceptor for the ride to work this morning. Nice to be back on two wheels.
Blue! Be very careful (use your best Elmer Fudd voice). I got to ride a friend's V7 for a day several years back. Beautiful bike, very pleasing to ride.

QUESTION: was the blue V7 with the brown seat?
No, Pdedse, it's this one - a dark, metallic slate blue. Not jazzed about the modern-looking "850" stripe on the tank. It breaks up the nostalgic vibe of the bike. I'm sure I could live with it, but not ready to drop a bunch of cash on a new bike right now. Besides, I just bought the Interceptor in January, so it's still "new to me."
You need to ride your Orange Crush INT650 up here and then you can think about selling it.
:biker:...................:biker:................................:biker:...........................:biker:

The slate blue looks fabulous. Do you like the blacked out engine? I go back and forth on that. It hides the engine a bit, but overall if matched with a bit of chrome, then it looks nice.
 
Don't mind the black engine. Same as my Bonneville, and the silver machined accents on the cooling fins break it up. I wouldn't be interested in the V7 Stone edition, where everything, including the exhaust, is blacked out. I'll keep my INT650 riding local Pdedse, but funny thing, just checked the MotoQuest transport page, and they have a bike that needs to go from Portland to L.A. right now. I'd jump on it, but just getting home from a long work trip, I'm too beat for another week on the road.
 
Gone in 60_imp said:
Don't mind the black engine. Same as my Bonneville, and the silver machined accents on the cooling fins break it up. I wouldn't be interested in the V7 Stone edition, where everything, including the exhaust, is blacked out. I'll keep my INT650 riding local Pdedse, but funny thing, just checked the MotoQuest transport page, and they have a bike that needs to go from Portland to L.A. right now. I'd jump on it, but just getting home from a long work trip, I'm too beat for another week on the road.
I forgot that you sent me that link awhiles back! Hmmmm, right now, you say?
 
Back
Top