ROX 5cm bar riser report

Voitus_imp

First service completed
Thread starter
Hi All,

Since I'm quite tall (192 cm) I've successfully installed 5cm (2 inch) ROX bar riser that pivots along its axis giving plenty adjustment options. The cables are long enough and the bar is now really higher.

Just sharing :-)

 
^ Ditto x 2

By the way, what does ‘^’ mean in Internet speak?
 
I found them here in the U.S. on Amazon & eBay for $66. - $74. Just look for " ROX handlebar risers "
Great design !
 
Rox risers are very popular with the ADV and dual sport crowd. Being able to move the bars up and back helps these bikes feel more like dirt bikes when standing on the pegs. Nice thing about these is you can play with the positioning unlike fixed riser blocks.
 
Cormanus_imp said:
^ Ditto x 2

By the way, what does ‘^’ mean in Internet speak?
It can also mean "what the guy that posted before me says" ... like +1
 
I have them on my Griso, so far I have not felt the need for them on the CB. Time will tell. :) They are good kit.
 
Thanks Gumby and Ferret. :thumbsup:
 
Voitus_imp said:
Hi All,

Since I'm quite tall (192 cm) I've successfully installed 5cm (2 inch) ROX bar riser that pivots along its axis giving plenty adjustment options. The cables are long enough and the bar is now really higher.

Just sharing :-)
I am looking at these risers now. Did you have to modify the brake line, throttle cable or wiring ?
 
Hello 1100rider,
Do you still have your rox risers installed?
How tight are the cables?
Thanks,
Dino
1100rider_imp said:
I also installed them on my CB and they give me a better riding position.
 
Installed my risers yesterday and went for a ride. Positive difference for me was drastic. No longer reaching out for handlebar and putting lots of weight on wrists. Really big improvement. Still messing with exact right position because there are so many options but very happy. They were very easy to install and brake lines are taught but fine.
 
Interesting. I tried fitting the 2" Rox risers this weekend and failed. The front brake line is particularly short. I could have pivoted the line a bit (loosen the bolt on the master cylinder and angled the line downward) but it did not appear that this would be sufficient.

Did you reroute cables or lines? I'm thinking about selling the risers if I can't get these to work.
 
I did not. There was just enough slack. Maybe tilt risers forward at first until you have everything in place and lightly screwed down and then pull them back to comfortable riding position prior to final tightening. Having a second set of hands assisting definitely helped.
 
Yep, did all that, had that (four hands). I measured the Rox's again and it seems they are 2 1/4" high. Maybe just a tad 'too much'. It's the front brake line that is the most noticeable problem. I did not loosen the bolt however, as it looked like it still would not be enough. May try again though, just to be sure.

Still working towards that 25 post count...
 
Go welcome some new members Nightengale...
 
Back
Top