Rough River - The Dam Restaruant

Offroad

Road warrior
Thread starter
When on a nice ride today with the guys to Rough River.

Started chilly at 30 but ended up nicely at 55.

We took so many back curvy roads I'm not sure how we got there.

18d201a09ae17f52b9be5a981a612012.jpg


We ate at a great little restaurant called "The Dam Restaurant."

0bd2e6ce5ebfae170776dfa5e361024b.jpg
 
Thread starter
Here is a better map showing road numbers I got from my new Garmin inReach mini.

I think the dots indicate every 10 minutes it captures data points

8972d417c2260f0ae0c72263e1b7f06a.jpg
 
Nice... you like curvy roads and good food. Heck we ALL like curvy roads and good food lol.
 
What else is there to say? Good work offroad!
 
I've ridden a few of those roads :) I'd have been a little superstitious about riding on "Falls of the Rough Rd.", though. ;)

Come on up this spring/summer and we'll tour Wisconsin (provided it's not still underwater by then).
 
Thread starter
EmptySea_imp said:
I've ridden a few of those roads :) I'd have been a little superstitious about riding on "Falls of the Rough Rd.", though. ;)

Come on up this spring/summer and we'll tour Wisconsin (provided it's not still underwater by then).
Wisconsin sounds good! I have first week of June and 3rd or 4th week of July open. If any of those work for you let me know

I like that I can visit my son in Chicago on the trip!
 
EmptySea_imp said:
I've ridden a few of those roads :) I'd have been a little superstitious about riding on "Falls of the Rough Rd.", though. ;)

Come on up this spring/summer and we'll tour Wisconsin (provided it's not still underwater by then).
Good one.
 
offroadfx4_imp said:
EmptySea_imp said:
I've ridden a few of those roads :) I'd have been a little superstitious about riding on "Falls of the Rough Rd.", though. ;)

Come on up this spring/summer and we'll tour Wisconsin (provided it's not still underwater by then).
Wisconsin sounds good! I have first week of June and 3rd or 4th week of July open. If any of those work for you let me know

I like that I can visit my son in Chicago on the trip!
Wisconsin sounds good! I have first week of June and 3rd or 4th week of July open. If any of those work for you let me know

I like that I can visit my son in Chicago on the trip!
There's a Peter Egan story about a trip he took across southwest Wisconsin on a Honda 50. I've been thinking about recreating that ride, but on a human-sized motorcycle and without camping. I talked to Ferret about this briefly a while ago. Perhaps it's something the three of us (and maybe Cheryl) could do over a long weekend. I'll send you both an email on it. I think I can go in June or the last weekend in July, but everything's up in the air right now.

MTC
 
Back
Top