gossman_imp
Been there
Whenever I end up in SF, I park and ride the bus around. There are some interesting parts of downtown.
Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
Yup. Last time we went there we went in over GGB drove straight to our hotel and never took the car out of the car park again. It's an awesome city, but definetely one designed for transit and walking.gossman_imp said:Whenever I end up in SF, I park and ride the bus around. There are some interesting parts of downtown.
I commute to and work in SF.. so I'm forced into a compromise:The ferret_imp said:Randy sorry I didn't get your pm until 7:30 Pm Cali time. We took off about 7:30 am from Carmel with the intention to spend 2 days in San Fran. Got here early in the AM and did the Lombard Street drive, went to Fisherman's Warf for Lunch. Went and found our hotel in the seedy part of downtown on Eddy St. Since we got an indoor parking place at the motel we walked about 8 blocks to Union Square, through hoards of homeless people all begging for a quarter, stood in line for a couple hours to ride the cable car to Fisherman's Warf, at which point they kick you off and make you wait in line for another hour or so in another line to ride the cable car back to Union Square so we could walk 8 blocks back thru the homeless people to our seedy motel.
Hiker.... I would not live in this city if you offered to give me a million dollars.
We have seen lots of bikes here in town, neat bikes, a real Moto Guzzi V7, lots of SM's, lots of bobbers and cafes, a few sportbikes, but NO CB1100s. I can tell you this is another place I would not own a bike in. Guess I am spoiled with no traffic, trees, curvy roads, and did I mention no traffic? Last year on the ST I was headed here, when we got stopped in bumper to bumper traffic and decided to bail on the idea and headed east to Colorado. What a blessing it was that we got diverted. I am so glad we didn't make it into this mess on our touring bikes. The steepness of many of these city streets cannot be comprehended from only seeing them on TV.
Anyhow instead of spending 2 nights here we are pulling out in the morning and headed further north. Still need to see the Golden Gate bridge on the way out.


You ate at Applebee's? On purpose??The ferret_imp said:Yea just sleeping here. Quick bite at Appelbees and back to the room. Headed norte again tomorrow
Peregrinations, Cormanus we are simple folk here. Only because of my years as a birder do I know the meaning of that word and I know it's the first time I've seen it used thus. LOLCormanus_imp said:I think we should all pay close attention to the Ferret's peregrinations. He's mighty close to Forum HQ and one suspects there may be an encounter between founder and moderator. Wouldn't you like to be a fly on the wall?
Actually, I was thinking of Sparky as I typed it. Pterodactyl's been a bit on the quiet side lately and I thought she might be in need a of a dash to the dictionary.redbirds_imp said:Peregrinations, Cormanus we are simple folk here. Only because of my years as a birder do I know the meaning of that word and I know it's the first time I've seen it used thus. LOLCormanus_imp said:I think we should all pay close attention to the Ferret's peregrinations. He's mighty close to Forum HQ and one suspects there may be an encounter between founder and moderator. Wouldn't you like to be a fly on the wall?