Road to Orivieto via Bagnoregio

buttaknife_imp

First service completed
Thread starter
Wonderful riding from Rome, weather was hot but views are beautiful.
50f0b58c72d93e4a0ae743af9af9a9fa.jpg
55dc38bfa2679f9699ac6f1769a1bb1f.jpg
0873cef8663c441028a7508cb23a882d.jpg
 
Thank you for sharing these photos. I was backpacking through Europe with a buddy of mine many years ago. We spent a couple of days in Orvieto and I was intent on seeing Bagnoregio. But the trip that was to start with hitchhiking wound up never happening as we ran into an American girl that was homesick and feeling isolated, so we hung out together in Orvieto for the rest of the day and then moved on, never having seen Bagnoregio. I figured that I might make it back some day, but it hasn't happened yet, lol.

Your pictures took me along for the ride, and for that I am grateful! Beautiful area.

By the way, one of my favorite photos from my Europe trip was one I took of my buddy. We were down the hill from Orvieto and he was literally "kicking the tires" of a Lamborghini at the dealership. A Lamborghini tractor dealership that is.
 
Thread starter
 The only Moai statue outside of Easter Island.

In 1990, 11 natives from Easter Island were brought to Vitorchiano, near Viterbo, to make this Moai. It's not historical, but it's the only one outside Easter Island. Made of a single block of stone, it's 10 meters high and weighs 30 tons.

Vitorchiano is near Viterbo, about 90 km N of Rome. 
f8f9653543bb5a1be33b9dc23b5f9373.jpg


Also got to ride the new bmw r1200r, nice bike, very powerful, but to be honest my cb1100 is smoother! ;)
 
Back
Top