road rage against motorcyclist turns physical

Thread starter
Yes. Impressed on how composed the motorcyclist was. Pretty sure the old man realized how wrong he was
 
Wow! That is scary. Looks like the old man was on something, or has mental issues. I "probably" would have handled it the same way if it was just me, but he hit the woman and that would have set me off. If it was just me on the bike and he caused the bike to get laid down, then I would have probably lost it too :@

Thank goodness for the GoPro!!! Great footage, that guy has no worries about being charged (well almost no worries in this day and age! :dodgy: )
Looked at the footage again, that kid was raised better than I was!
 
I have a lot of respect for how calm that motorcyclist was. Most people I know, and probably myself included, would likely have just started throwing fists -- especially if they were messing with my girlfriend.

Sidebar: Why do people seem to think it's a good idea to try to start a stand up fight with someone wearing a helmet, armoured jacket (albeit not in this case) and leather gloves?
 
This may sound a bit contrarian, although it is not intended as such, but I wonder what the GoPro video showed prior to the altercation.
 
Gentlemen,

I really admire that motorcyclist's cool. I would have gone ballistic. That old man clearly has mental issues.

Chip
 
EmptySea_imp said:
This may sound a bit contrarian, although it is not intended as such, but I wonder what the GoPro video showed prior to the altercation.
You beat me to it, ES. I was wondering exactly the same thing. I'd love to see the events leading to the confrontation.

That said, and in a spirit of levity, I thought the drive of the car showed remarkable judgment landing his first punch on the rider's helmet.
 
Saw this online then again on the news. The aggressor admitted to drinking several shots of alcohol before this incident. Apparently it was just a mean drunk.
 
ChipBeck_imp said:
Gentlemen,

I really admire that motorcyclist's cool. I would have gone ballistic. That old man clearly has mental issues.

Chip
I'm with you. Apparently I am not as mature as many...once that guy hit either me or my woman (and he did both) it would have been all over for him.
 
The motorcyclist split passed the driver and he took offence to it. This happened in Arizona I think so it's not legal there, but that still doesn't give the driver the right to attack the rider like he did and the rider did a good job of keeping calm during the ordeal.
 
I too, think the camera really helps the motorcyclists. What really happened wouldn't be so readily apparent to a responding officer if the old guy was lying in the gutter and screamed that the two young hooligans on the motorcycle pulled him out of his car and pummeled him.
 
Back
Top