Road Comet Windshield Question

No, just the mirrors. They hold the guard on.
 
dsan1964_imp said:
I just ordered my R C 2. Now I wait.. And some mirrors...


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
capttwb136_imp said:
Riko_imp said:
no need to remove the handleswitchclusters?
National cycle has them. You can view the mounting instructions.http://www.nationalcycle.com/n5502.html
National cycle has them. You can view the mounting instructions.http://www.nationalcycle.com/n5502.html
thx all!
 
ordered my RC1 the 2nd of january on webike, holiday in Japan till the 5th of january

got a mail it would ship around the 6th of FEBRUARY...thats 5 weeks waiting since the order :s


just today, 2 weeks and 1 day later from the 5th, I got another email that it was shipped already with tracking number :thumbsup:


I ordered an RC1 Darkness black metallic with tinted aeroscreen.
 
Rico,

That's pretty darn fast! I think my RC 1 took, IIRC, 1.5-2 months.

Rebel, it is worth the wait and you will love it! And you'll have to update you sig line :)
 
Lord Popgun_imp said:
Rico,

That's pretty darn fast! I think my RC 1 took, IIRC, 1.5-2 months.

Rebel, it is worth the wait and you will love it! And you'll have to update you sig line :)
Yep,

there will be a Dart Flyscreen up for sale in a couple months, lol. It was tough to wait on the Chic Sport seat but man does it transform the CB!
 
Hi guys,
Someone knows if the RC2 windshields are different from the many CBs model years?
I'm selling mine (2014 BE) but a guy who have a my 2013 says that not fit his bike, is right?

Thanks to all
Davide
 
If you look here Front Fairings | Samurider.com You will see that there are separate ones for the different year models.

I think the headlight is at different heights on the '13 and '14s.
 
So i'm wondering where the air flow from the road comet hits, chest height or higher?,ride helmet less and want to keep 70 mph bugs from cratering my face.
 
Helmet!

When riding highwayspeeds and higher, your helmet will be full of that bugs a real masskilling.
Same for the chest area.
 
does anybody have an opinion on the "touring" screen (that's the higher screen) - as to where the airflow hits?
does it change it much from the regular screen on the Road Comet?
Just curious-thanks
 
Yes, I still have them both.
I switched from the touring screen to the normal size screen.

Reason was the noise level. And tbh, the looks.
You can see lots of pictures in the link of my signature.

Also, the bike looks more handsome on our bikes with the stock screen.

Big advantage with the touring screen is the wind protection, you can really hit max speed without many wind if you lay on the tank.
But if you sit normally on the bike, than you will experience a lot of wind noise.

With the stock screen the wind noise is less because you got a cleaner airflow.
But you do get 100% wind on your helmet/face.
With the touring screen, the wind flow is higher and cuts in my helmet/face in normal upright seating position.

For reference, I am 1m84.

So none is 'perfect', but comparing pros and cons, I went for the stock screen.
Maybe in winter time I am gonna switch to the touring screen.
 
I did not like the taller screen for same reasons. Too much noise and turbulence around my helmet. Needs to be taller, or me shorter. I am 5'8".
 
I purchased the touring screen for my ride to the forum rally this year and felt it did a better job deflecting air flow higher, but both screens create more noise in my helmet that I expected. Nothing some good earplugs couldn't solve!

Another issue I had with both screens, but even more so with the touring screen, is the wind flow over the top of the screen causing movement of the fairing enough to change the turbulence around my helmet at higher (70-80mph) speeds. When I got home from the rally, I researched a fix and came up with some brackets to secure the top of the fairing. Now I find the touring fairing works much better and doesn't move at any speed. I keep the touring fairing on full time now that works like expected. By the way, I am 5'10" tall.

Here is a link to my post on the fairing braces I added:
Road Comet Faring - Shaking Windshield Fix

Good luck with your research!
 
I have both ..regular and touring. the regular I find is quieter but I'm blasted with bugs every ride..
I put the touring screen on this season and 3 things: 1) noise -louder than the regular, 2) seems to have better wind protection for some reason...airflow? I find highway riding much easier now... and 3) less bugs. they seem to flow over my helmet-so my face shield isn't splattered with bugs now?
Those are my early observations.
Overall - aside from the noise-I like the touring screen. I may have to invest in ear plugs tho.
 
agreed with all points

there are only 2 things that are negative about the touring windscreen, and one is personal:
more noise and it doesnt look good on (my) cb1100 (from most angles)
 
Back
Top