Road comet fairing 2017- installation question

pittycheria_imp

Running like a top
Thread starter
Installing the comet on my 2017- the bottom nut to connect to the horn bracket / it is not a fit. Has anyone done this? If so did you remove the horn bracket ? Any suggestions .. thank you


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
If I recall, I readjusted the angles of the horn brackets ('14 DLX) and reshaped the bracket a little. Plus, I put a little pressure on the bottom of the fairing to make it align. Hope this helps.



pittycheria_imp said:
Installing the comet on my 2017- the bottom nut to connect to the horn bracket / it is not a fit. Has anyone done this? If so did you remove the horn bracket ? Any suggestions .. thank you


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Pitty, any chance you could post a pic of the problem?
 
Thread starter
I am all set , as Moto suggested had to put some pressure to put it in place - thanks
5aa681a14e42c7516879627867e6fc50.jpg



Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
I'm not sure what your problem was but I had to open the hole in the fairing some. It's always something ya know :)
 
Thread starter
Lord Popgun_imp said:
I'm not sure what your problem was but I had to open the hole in the fairing some. It's always something ya know :)

The hole was the right size for me - it was just that the hole did not align with the horn bracket so had to push the fairing in (keep it pushed) while I pit the nut in and tightened it . All good now
d30063788d645366413a32c1f7acce09.png



Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Yeah, me too. What I meant by opening the hole is I elongated it slightly. Glad you got it worked out. Its easy off and easy on now! I just leave the mounts on when removed.
 
pittycheria_imp said:
Deketh_imp said:
Dang that looks good. Could I bother you for a few more pics?
Here you go

6da874463a1a132abb8c64d3b920dcf8.jpg


96d5fa1d90c45d32c2f84c4e11504072.jpg


8a9bb79fbb1100f6b9a9c8713ac21296.jpg
df1d49818534ab6553d057e1df007c51.jpg



Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Here you go

32492dd69d38c19bc60b99606cb2d683.jpg


4df440f9580018552658732a0d3fdc86.jpg


30b0670b37de1bfde0bd3e87700bd734.jpg
572ed1ca0cfe231e4adf97e64e4ca597.jpg



Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Gonna have to get one for my white DLX, thanks for the photos. Where'd you get it from?
 
Samurider.com is where most of us get them. Japan.webike.net might have them too.

Samurider is much easier to deal with as Mr. T (the owner) speaks English.
 
Thread starter
Deketh_imp said:
pittycheria_imp said:
Deketh_imp said:
Dang that looks good. Could I bother you for a few more pics?
Here you go

6da874463a1a132abb8c64d3b920dcf8.jpg


96d5fa1d90c45d32c2f84c4e11504072.jpg


8a9bb79fbb1100f6b9a9c8713ac21296.jpg
df1d49818534ab6553d057e1df007c51.jpg



Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Here you go

32492dd69d38c19bc60b99606cb2d683.jpg


4df440f9580018552658732a0d3fdc86.jpg


30b0670b37de1bfde0bd3e87700bd734.jpg
572ed1ca0cfe231e4adf97e64e4ca597.jpg



Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Gonna have to get one for my white DLX, thanks for the photos. Where'd you get it from?
Here you go

bdc1aa3586fbdd01e1ee768fc8c4c069.jpg


756794441ec40107fe943c7450d904c2.jpg


8a4d0b3e6e9290e0a2c5294c123c756d.jpg
242187dd8141becf7752a4d9b4dfced1.jpg



Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Gonna have to get one for my white DLX, thanks for the photos. Where'd you get it from?

Samurider.com


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Is this the comet 1 or 2? I notice there are 2 versions on samurai rider. Also, how is the wind deflection and was it painted by the supplier?

Beautiful bike mate
 
Jeya, that's a 2. It is more angular than the 1 and has the rather prominent chin lip. They are made by Chic Design and come painted with or without stripes.

For example, when I got mine I ordered a RC1 in silver with no stripe and a tinted screen.
 
Thread starter
Jeya_imp said:
How effective is it for wind deflection at speeds above 100mph

It is not a windscreen. I am 6 feet and I have seen very little difference. The biggest difference is to the stomach / torso. Little buffeting near shoulders. But don't get it if you are looking for a windscreen.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Jeya_imp said:
Is this the comet 1 or 2? I notice there are 2 versions on samurai rider. Also, how is the wind deflection and was it painted by the supplier?

Beautiful bike mate

Thanks love the 2017. This is the item ChicDesign:Road comet fairing,2017-2020 CB1100EX | Samurider.com


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Cool. Thanks for the info. Im guessing the alu bikini type fairing would be worse at reducing wind blast
 
Back
Top