Road comet 2 fitment correct??

gretle_2.0

First service completed
Thread starter
Hello guys, I recent got the road comet 2 and installed following all the correct steps but it seems like the light comes through the top and doesn’t fit up completely perfect? Is this how it’s supposed to look?
 
Is it possible the headlamp is aimed too far up since you had to remove the bolts to install the fairing?

I do not have the comet but I have the Emgo Venom ll that is the same design and I dont believe i have that issue anymore.

When I was using the Puig Universal and Puig Raptor windscreens they were a little forward of the headlamp like your problem now and at night the headlamp would refract off the inside of the windscreen and effected my night vision and I HATED it.

Thats why I eventually went with the Emgo Venom ll (couldn't afford the comets) and added auxilary lights to my engine guards.

Unfortunately I have not been able to ride the motorcycle since I did those upgrades last year but my brother and friend have taken it out for me and said there was no issue with the headlight lighting up the inside of the fairing and also said there was no issue with wind.

I will go in the garage now and see if I can get a photo for you of the fitment

2014 CB1100, 1981 KZ440 LTD, 1993 Yamaha XJ600 Seca, 1994 Yamaha XJ600 Seca
Again this is not the comet but basically a knock off (if you want to call it that) and fitment looks nearly identical to your photos.

Hopefully someone with a comet can help further
9cbf39df359a4b100ba29eb137e3d622.jpg
6df4ccb795488e1fdf7820d6bf6ee2f8.jpg
a119359ca845a8a3b1c2acff42750396.jpg
501f85d6707eb0a32049e65af13d2cf1.jpg


2014 CB1100, 1981 KZ440 LTD, 1993 Yamaha XJ600 Seca, 1994 Yamaha XJ600 Seca
 
Thread starter
mvk24_imp said:
Is it possible the headlamp is aimed too far up since you had to remove the bolts to install the fairing?

I do not have the comet but I have the Emgo Venom ll that is the same design and I dont believe i have that issue anymore.

When I was using the Puig Universal and Puig Raptor windscreens they were a little forward of the headlamp like your problem now and at night the headlamp would refract off the inside of the windscreen and effected my night vision and I HATED it.

Thats why I eventually went with the Emgo Venom ll (couldn't afford the comets) and added auxilary lights to my engine guards.

Unfortunately I have not been able to ride the motorcycle since I did those upgrades last year but my brother and friend have taken it out for me and said there was no issue with the headlight lighting up the inside of the fairing and also said there was no issue with wind.

I will go in the garage now and see if I can get a photo for you of the fitment

2014 CB1100, 1981 KZ440 LTD, 1993 Yamaha XJ600 Seca, 1994 Yamaha XJ600 Seca
Again this is not the comet but basically a knock off (if you want to call it that) and fitment looks nearly identical to your photos.

Hopefully someone with a comet can help further
9cbf39df359a4b100ba29eb137e3d622.jpg
6df4ccb795488e1fdf7820d6bf6ee2f8.jpg
a119359ca845a8a3b1c2acff42750396.jpg
501f85d6707eb0a32049e65af13d2cf1.jpg


2014 CB1100, 1981 KZ440 LTD, 1993 Yamaha XJ600 Seca, 1994 Yamaha XJ600 Seca
Yeah I guess that makes sense, I’ll have to look at it tomorrow again and try to fix it. Thank you for the photos!
 
gretle_2.0_imp said:
mvk24_imp said:
Is it possible the headlamp is aimed too far up since you had to remove the bolts to install the fairing?

I do not have the comet but I have the Emgo Venom ll that is the same design and I dont believe i have that issue anymore.

When I was using the Puig Universal and Puig Raptor windscreens they were a little forward of the headlamp like your problem now and at night the headlamp would refract off the inside of the windscreen and effected my night vision and I HATED it.

Thats why I eventually went with the Emgo Venom ll (couldn't afford the comets) and added auxilary lights to my engine guards.

Unfortunately I have not been able to ride the motorcycle since I did those upgrades last year but my brother and friend have taken it out for me and said there was no issue with the headlight lighting up the inside of the fairing and also said there was no issue with wind.

I will go in the garage now and see if I can get a photo for you of the fitment

2014 CB1100, 1981 KZ440 LTD, 1993 Yamaha XJ600 Seca, 1994 Yamaha XJ600 Seca
Again this is not the comet but basically a knock off (if you want to call it that) and fitment looks nearly identical to your photos.

Hopefully someone with a comet can help further
9cbf39df359a4b100ba29eb137e3d622.jpg
6df4ccb795488e1fdf7820d6bf6ee2f8.jpg
a119359ca845a8a3b1c2acff42750396.jpg
501f85d6707eb0a32049e65af13d2cf1.jpg


2014 CB1100, 1981 KZ440 LTD, 1993 Yamaha XJ600 Seca, 1994 Yamaha XJ600 Seca
Yeah I guess that makes sense, I’ll have to look at it tomorrow again and try to fix it. Thank you for the photos!
Yeah I guess that makes sense, I’ll have to look at it tomorrow again and try to fix it. Thank you for the photos! Yea maybe loosen up the bolts slightly and see if you can get a little play in adjusting the fairing.

Mine has about a 1 inch slot in each side for the mounting bolts so I have a little bit of adjustment forward and backward to get it to fit right.

You look like you have a little more space on the bottom of your light and I have a little more space on top so it might just me that your lamp is aimed a little too high after doing the installation.

2014 CB1100, 1981 KZ440 LTD, 1993 Yamaha XJ600 Seca, 1994 Yamaha XJ600 Seca
 
Thread starter
mvk24_imp said:
gretle_2.0_imp said:
mvk24_imp said:
Is it possible the headlamp is aimed too far up since you had to remove the bolts to install the fairing?

I do not have the comet but I have the Emgo Venom ll that is the same design and I dont believe i have that issue anymore.

When I was using the Puig Universal and Puig Raptor windscreens they were a little forward of the headlamp like your problem now and at night the headlamp would refract off the inside of the windscreen and effected my night vision and I HATED it.

Thats why I eventually went with the Emgo Venom ll (couldn't afford the comets) and added auxilary lights to my engine guards.

Unfortunately I have not been able to ride the motorcycle since I did those upgrades last year but my brother and friend have taken it out for me and said there was no issue with the headlight lighting up the inside of the fairing and also said there was no issue with wind.

I will go in the garage now and see if I can get a photo for you of the fitment

2014 CB1100, 1981 KZ440 LTD, 1993 Yamaha XJ600 Seca, 1994 Yamaha XJ600 Seca
Again this is not the comet but basically a knock off (if you want to call it that) and fitment looks nearly identical to your photos.

Hopefully someone with a comet can help further
9cbf39df359a4b100ba29eb137e3d622.jpg
6df4ccb795488e1fdf7820d6bf6ee2f8.jpg
a119359ca845a8a3b1c2acff42750396.jpg
501f85d6707eb0a32049e65af13d2cf1.jpg


2014 CB1100, 1981 KZ440 LTD, 1993 Yamaha XJ600 Seca, 1994 Yamaha XJ600 Seca
Yeah I guess that makes sense, I’ll have to look at it tomorrow again and try to fix it. Thank you for the photos!
Yeah I guess that makes sense, I’ll have to look at it tomorrow again and try to fix it. Thank you for the photos! Yea maybe loosen up the bolts slightly and see if you can get a little play in adjusting the fairing.

Mine has about a 1 inch slot in each side for the mounting bolts so I have a little bit of adjustment forward and backward to get it to fit right.

You look like you have a little more space on the bottom of your light and I have a little more space on top so it might just me that your lamp is aimed a little too high after doing the installation.

2014 CB1100, 1981 KZ440 LTD, 1993 Yamaha XJ600 Seca, 1994 Yamaha XJ600 Seca
Yeah I guess that makes sense, I’ll have to look at it tomorrow again and try to fix it. Thank you for the photos! Yea maybe loosen up the bolts slightly and see if you can get a little play in adjusting the fairing.

Mine has about a 1 inch slot in each side for the mounting bolts so I have a little bit of adjustment forward and backward to get it to fit right.

You look like you have a little more space on the bottom of your light and I have a little more space on top so it might just me that your lamp is aimed a little too high after doing the installation.

2014 CB1100, 1981 KZ440 LTD, 1993 Yamaha XJ600 Seca, 1994 Yamaha XJ600 Seca
Yeah I think your right,I’ll try that tomorrow. Thanks again!
 
gretle_2.0_imp said:
mvk24_imp said:
gretle_2.0_imp said:
mvk24_imp said:
Is it possible the headlamp is aimed too far up since you had to remove the bolts to install the fairing?

I do not have the comet but I have the Emgo Venom ll that is the same design and I dont believe i have that issue anymore.

When I was using the Puig Universal and Puig Raptor windscreens they were a little forward of the headlamp like your problem now and at night the headlamp would refract off the inside of the windscreen and effected my night vision and I HATED it.

Thats why I eventually went with the Emgo Venom ll (couldn't afford the comets) and added auxilary lights to my engine guards.

Unfortunately I have not been able to ride the motorcycle since I did those upgrades last year but my brother and friend have taken it out for me and said there was no issue with the headlight lighting up the inside of the fairing and also said there was no issue with wind.

I will go in the garage now and see if I can get a photo for you of the fitment

2014 CB1100, 1981 KZ440 LTD, 1993 Yamaha XJ600 Seca, 1994 Yamaha XJ600 Seca
Again this is not the comet but basically a knock off (if you want to call it that) and fitment looks nearly identical to your photos.

Hopefully someone with a comet can help further
9cbf39df359a4b100ba29eb137e3d622.jpg
6df4ccb795488e1fdf7820d6bf6ee2f8.jpg
a119359ca845a8a3b1c2acff42750396.jpg
501f85d6707eb0a32049e65af13d2cf1.jpg


2014 CB1100, 1981 KZ440 LTD, 1993 Yamaha XJ600 Seca, 1994 Yamaha XJ600 Seca
Yeah I guess that makes sense, I’ll have to look at it tomorrow again and try to fix it. Thank you for the photos!
Yeah I guess that makes sense, I’ll have to look at it tomorrow again and try to fix it. Thank you for the photos! Yea maybe loosen up the bolts slightly and see if you can get a little play in adjusting the fairing.

Mine has about a 1 inch slot in each side for the mounting bolts so I have a little bit of adjustment forward and backward to get it to fit right.

You look like you have a little more space on the bottom of your light and I have a little more space on top so it might just me that your lamp is aimed a little too high after doing the installation.

2014 CB1100, 1981 KZ440 LTD, 1993 Yamaha XJ600 Seca, 1994 Yamaha XJ600 Seca
Yeah I guess that makes sense, I’ll have to look at it tomorrow again and try to fix it. Thank you for the photos! Yea maybe loosen up the bolts slightly and see if you can get a little play in adjusting the fairing.

Mine has about a 1 inch slot in each side for the mounting bolts so I have a little bit of adjustment forward and backward to get it to fit right.

You look like you have a little more space on the bottom of your light and I have a little more space on top so it might just me that your lamp is aimed a little too high after doing the installation.

2014 CB1100, 1981 KZ440 LTD, 1993 Yamaha XJ600 Seca, 1994 Yamaha XJ600 Seca
Yeah I think your right,I’ll try that tomorrow. Thanks again!
Yeah I guess that makes sense, I’ll have to look at it tomorrow again and try to fix it. Thank you for the photos! Yea maybe loosen up the bolts slightly and see if you can get a little play in adjusting the fairing.

Mine has about a 1 inch slot in each side for the mounting bolts so I have a little bit of adjustment forward and backward to get it to fit right.

You look like you have a little more space on the bottom of your light and I have a little more space on top so it might just me that your lamp is aimed a little too high after doing the installation.

2014 CB1100, 1981 KZ440 LTD, 1993 Yamaha XJ600 Seca, 1994 Yamaha XJ600 Seca
Yeah I think your right,I’ll try that tomorrow. Thanks again! No problem, report back I'm interested to see how it goes!

2014 CB1100, 1981 KZ440 LTD, 1993 Yamaha XJ600 Seca, 1994 Yamaha XJ600 Seca
 
It looks like your headlight is tilted up somewhat as that gap is larger than the one I have between the light bezel and my Road Comet. I never ride at night so I wasn’t sure how much light came through so I just went out and checked in the garage. Turned bike on. Very little light actually gets through. Certainly not enough to bother me.
 
I recall a thread on here somewhere where guys used a small piece of weather stripping to block that light spillage. Mine has some, but I never ride at night.
 
Yes A-man, there is a How to thread on the light leak. It is a tad involved but I did mine a lot easier with a piece of thin rubber strip (mine is an RC1). Easy.

Having said that, the RC2 was supposed to take care of the problem, but whatever, easily fixed if still a problem.
 
Back
Top