flynrider
Road warrior
Thread starter
I spent last week riding my CB from Phoenix to Emmett, ID where I left the bike in my friend's garage. I'll be returning in my plane this week.
I forgot my lanyard cam (as usual), so I didn't manage to take a whole lot of photos on my phone. This post is basically a test of my new Imgur.com account.
The ride was 1570 miles, with all but about 50 miles of it on back roads. Google says I could have done it in about 950 miles, but what does Google know about riding a CB through the mountains?
General route was Phoenix->Page, AZ->Panguitch, UT->Evanston, WY->Sun Valley, ID-> Emmett, ID.
Loaded and on the road, somewhere in Southern UT.
Canyons in Central UT.
Most pics were taken on a loop from Sun Valley up Idaho 75 to Challis, then back via US 93. I met a tattooed, bearded Harley rider in Sun Valley. After him making fun of my "rice burner" and me making fun of his "paint shaker", we had a beer and decided to ride up to Challis the next day. Although he'd lived in Idaho for years, he's never ridden the Sawtooth Valley on highway 75. It was a great trip, although near the end of the 300 mile day, the Hog had taken its toll on his butt.
Climbing to Galena Pass. Still snow at around 8,000 ft.
On the other side, we see the Sawtooth Valley and the headwaters of the Salmon River. You could literally jump across the Salmon at this point.
This curvy road follows the Salmon all the way to Challis.
Coming back on US 93 the road disappears in a narrow canyon.
At day's end, I rolled into my campsite along the Big Wood River.
That's all I've got for now. I'm heading back up to Idaho tomorrow and I made sure to pack the lanyard cam. After some airplane camping this week, I'll be picking up the bike and heading north to discover some new Idaho backroads next week.
I forgot my lanyard cam (as usual), so I didn't manage to take a whole lot of photos on my phone. This post is basically a test of my new Imgur.com account.
The ride was 1570 miles, with all but about 50 miles of it on back roads. Google says I could have done it in about 950 miles, but what does Google know about riding a CB through the mountains?
General route was Phoenix->Page, AZ->Panguitch, UT->Evanston, WY->Sun Valley, ID-> Emmett, ID.Loaded and on the road, somewhere in Southern UT.
Canyons in Central UT.
Most pics were taken on a loop from Sun Valley up Idaho 75 to Challis, then back via US 93. I met a tattooed, bearded Harley rider in Sun Valley. After him making fun of my "rice burner" and me making fun of his "paint shaker", we had a beer and decided to ride up to Challis the next day. Although he'd lived in Idaho for years, he's never ridden the Sawtooth Valley on highway 75. It was a great trip, although near the end of the 300 mile day, the Hog had taken its toll on his butt.
Climbing to Galena Pass. Still snow at around 8,000 ft.
On the other side, we see the Sawtooth Valley and the headwaters of the Salmon River. You could literally jump across the Salmon at this point.
This curvy road follows the Salmon all the way to Challis.
Coming back on US 93 the road disappears in a narrow canyon.
At day's end, I rolled into my campsite along the Big Wood River.
That's all I've got for now. I'm heading back up to Idaho tomorrow and I made sure to pack the lanyard cam. After some airplane camping this week, I'll be picking up the bike and heading north to discover some new Idaho backroads next week.
