Riding is believing

the Ferret

Road warrior
Thread starter
Just got in from a one hour curvy road ride. We had snow the other day, but it has long since melted, and any salt they put down was washed away by yesterdays rain. Streets still had some damp spots, but at 61 degrees in mid November you just have to get out for a ride. Stopped by my dealer and asked the owner if he had any word on the 2014 CB1100's..NOPE. Also no news on any changes or updating to the ST 1300. Says he is usually the last to know anything (I know I'm the one that told him the CB 1100 was finally coming to the states... 2 weeks before Honda told him)

The weather was overcast and kinda crappy, roads a little damp in places, but using the torque of the CB 1100 to pull you out of a turn and shoot you down the straight towards the next curve is just a pleasure. Love this bike. :biker:
 
The weather was overcast and kinda crappy, roads a little damp in places, but using the torque of the CB 1100 to pull you out of a turn and shoot you down the straight towards the next curve is just a pleasure. Love this bike
Ditto:
When out yesterday similar conditions with a buddy of mine. He has been wanting to ride my ST with thoughts of buying one. We hop onto the highway staying on the main roads that were drying. Went up to my dealer to pick up oil and filter, a brand new CB on the floor all wrapped up. Showed off my custom seat to the owner who took some pic's. Sat on the new CB seat and remembered quickly why I sent my out for a makeover :) When we returned my friend really liked the ST and wanted to buy one. I was thinking how much i like the CB, much lighter, more comfortable, not having to worry all the time about weight. Just fits my body measurements better. I sold the ST to him at a fair price on the spot. I now have an old friend to ride with.
 
CIP57_imp said:
The weather was overcast and kinda crappy, roads a little damp in places, but using the torque of the CB 1100 to pull you out of a turn and shoot you down the straight towards the next curve is just a pleasure. Love this bike
Ditto:
When out yesterday similar conditions with a buddy of mine. He has been wanting to ride my ST with thoughts of buying one. We hop onto the highway staying on the main roads that were drying. Went up to my dealer to pick up oil and filter, a brand new CB on the floor all wrapped up. Showed off my custom seat to the owner who took some pic's. Sat on the new CB seat and remembered quickly why I sent my out for a makeover :) When we returned my friend really liked the ST and wanted to buy one. I was thinking how much i like the CB, much lighter, more comfortable, not having to worry all the time about weight. Just fits my body measurements better. I sold the ST to him at a fair price on the spot. I now have an old friend to ride with.
Good story! :thumbsup:
 
Thread starter
Wow Steve, you sold your ST???? Wow..but I can kinda understand. I think about it every once in awhile, but on those 3000 mile trips with lots of open roads its really hard to beat.
 
CB4ME_imp said:
CIP57,

Can you post some pictures of your bike? Your avatar is very intriguing.
My avatar is my 1982 GS1100EZ which is stored at my home in NC. Stock accept for a set of progressive shocks. Still runs great with about 28,000 miles.
The ferret_imp said:
Wow Steve, you sold your ST???? Wow..but I can kinda understand. I think about it every once in awhile, but on those 3000 mile trips with lots of open roads its really hard to beat.
Yes, it was starting to be work for these old bones. I'm sure you can understand the weight and the constant awareness needed around town. I can still ride it though :thumbsup:
 
Thread starter
Funny how we have had so many of the same bikes. Heres my 83 GS 1100 E ..custom seat, vance and hines pipe, k&n pods

 
Thread starter
Funny story. When my son turned 19 he wanted to ride. I looked around the garage and picked out a bike for him, that GS 1100. he rode it one year and then one day without asking me he sold it for $1700 and bought a Honda Shadow Spirit with flames and straight pipes. I could have killed him, but it was his and he had every right to sell it, he just didn't realize what he had. later he really regretted it cause he hated the Shadow after he rode it for awhile.
 
Those GS1100s are absolutely the bees knees -- I love the 8" headlight. We've got to get these bikes together for a vintage Japanese UJM liter bike ride next summer -- I'll bring my CB1100F, and we'll scare up a KZ1000 and a Yamaha XS 11 as well.
 
Yes Ferret, I just like my CB1100 more than a lot of the bikes that I have owned. Not too heavy and great handing. Perfect for me. And I had those gaiters on in less than 1 hour today also!! they look great! We had some good weather here in North Ga. today. Nov.18th. 2013. Bikes like the CB1100 get rode more than a larger bike. That's just the way it is!! God Bless....




Jayimpalaman
 
Back
Top