Ride across the USA

This is so cool.

So far, I have not been able to contribute suggestions on points of interest along the route, but I have a couple now:

1. about 4 miles from your hotel, on Kane Creek Blvd. there is a little park called Mayflower Canyon. It's on the banks of the Colorado River but on the opposite side of the road (in other words, it will be on your left). There's a short hiking trail (more of a walk, really) with a ladder that gets up into a couple of tunnels. Kane Creek Blvd. is not the best paved road ever, but it is paved. The parking area at the park is not paved. (Side note: my only outdoor rock climbing experience was on the rock face directly across the river from here)

2. IF you are going through Grand Junction and you're hungry and you want some great Mexican food (yes, Ferret, there is such a thing ;) ), go to Las Marias on 7th Street near Main.
 
Bringing tires to Escalante on bike. Motorcycle Doctor said he’s there all weekend. Currently sitting in trailer in Hanksville pinned down by a massive desert thunderstorm.
 
Thread starter
Nice to be finally online again after 2 days. Hard to get Internet out here.
@frulk: great news. Right now I'm heading Zion, not sure, where to stay there. Guess I can be in Escalante in the early afternoon. Where to meet by the way?

Btw Roper doesn'nt make it to the Rally, he send me a Message.

Gesendet von meinem Moto G Play mit Tapatalk
 
Ok. I can be in Escalante before noon. I’m hauling the tires with me and spoke to the motorcycle doctor. He’s expecting us. I plan to have steak and eggs at 7 am and then I’m motoring west through canyon country. We get that tire situation taken care of early we can go for a hike after dinner. But. That’s a beautiful stretch of road from Zion to Escalante and I wouldn’t blast through it. Take your time. Things are currently under control
 
Frulk_imp said:
Cb Forum members.... the German Eagle has landed!!
Have a great time together. Thanks for taking care of the tire thing. I'm sure he is very appreciative.
 
If Spotwalla is to be believed, new tyres are go and they've already moved on.

Pictures, pictures. Please?
 
Looking at spotwalla, I see him at the Kiva Koffehouse east of Escalante. Seems a rather strange place to be at around 10:30 PM. I'm guessing the spot device might have missed an update.

Thanks for reminding me about the Spotwalla link. It may make it easier to link up with those two on Sunday. Phone and text are very spotty (pun intended) in that part of Utah.
 
How come when I click on the drive.google link it shows my house?
 
On your PC or on your phone? If you have the Google Maps app on your phone, it might open in the app and won't show you the linked route.

If you press and hold the link on your phone and then select "open in new tab", it should work.
 
Thanks MTC.

Using my iPad actually. The open in new tab worked!
 
Back
Top