Report For Salesman Steve

the Ferret

Road warrior
Thread starter
Steve, one of the salesmen at the shop where I buy my bikes mentioned I hadn't done any new ride reports lately (he reads our forum). So today's ride is a report for Steve....

Cool day at 55 degrees, but trees are budding, flowers are blooming and the sun was shining so it was a perfect day to stretch the CB's legs. There is a lake not too far from me I like to ride to. The roads are awesome to get there, with several options, with a ton of curves and lots of elevation changes. It's about 30 miles from my house, so a round trip is just over 60 miles. Takes about an hour and a half, if you include my stop for tea at the lake.

This is one of the roads that makes this ride so much fun (hey Steve you know which one this is?)



A nice burbling creek along the way

[url=http://smg.photobucket.com/user/theferret111/media/CB%20ride%20April%2026%202015%20012_zpspyr590ki.jpg.html]

the county engineer just rebuilt this historical covered bridge
[url=http://smg.photobucket.com/user/theferret111/media/CB%20ride%20April%2026%202015%20007_zpsnbpgdaqj.jpg.html]

the road to the lake is a big lazy S curve in the country
[url=http://smg.photobucket.com/user/theferret111/media/CB%20ride%20April%2026%202015%20001_zpsvfabkvad.jpg.html]

A portrait with the new helmet along with my Fox Leathers jacket and deerskin gauntlets by the lake...ooooh menacing huh? lol

[url=http://smg.photobucket.com/user/theferret111/media/By%20Stonelick%20lake_zpsfbmug9hr.jpg.html]

So Steve, good enough?

Father Ferret (inside joke)
 
Love the pictures :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
I'm impressed at how far spring has advanced there.
Here, we're barely out of winter and out from under all the snow we has this winter.
Temps have only barely reached the high 40'sF (9-10C) and only a few hardy souls have ventured out. It will be a week or two before I'm on the road.
 
I love the pictures and I rode today as I am 10 days into ownership of my 14 Deluxe. It was a very windy 50 degree day here in Northern Indiana but sunny.
 
Mickey, you lucky rascal, getting to ride on such beautiful roads right around home. I must get up to your neck of the woods sometime. Pics are great BTW.
 
Nice photos Ferret! I'm back in Georgia this weekend and the weather was amazing today... breezy and in the 70's. I rode up to Helen and back through Dahlonega Ga... stopping along the way for lunch by a fast running river. They've had alot of rain up here lately. I wasn't on the CB though... needed to put a few miles on the Harley. The CB is going to get a lot of attention next month.
 
Thread starter
Awesome ride4now. Lots and lots of great places to ride a motorcycle in this country, aren't there? We are all so blessed. Beautiful weather, beautiful roads and really great motorcycles. Even the guys in AZ lol.
 
I was out today to Mickey, overcast but just about the same temps. Beautiful countryside reminds me of where we live out here in New York and Connecticut. We have a covered Bridge on route seven in Connecticut that's very similar to that. Nice to see you still have the shield on and hope you're enjoying it.
 
Thread starter
CIP in this weather it's real easy to tell where the wind hits. Throat area to bottom of helmet.
No noise other than wind noise and no head bobble. I scrunched down while riding and flag flapping noise came back, so the mod was good. Thanks for being the guinea on that!
 
For some reason that first photo reminds me of New Zealand, its cool to see that the old covered bridges are being looked after.
 
Lovely photos, Ferret. I've always liked the look of covered bridges. We don't seem to have them in Oz.
 
Thread starter
Thread starter
Still pretty cool in the mornings, around 40, but getting up to around 65 around 3 pm.
 
That wouldn't be Stonelick Williams Corner Rd. would it? One of my favorite local roads. Glad to see the bridge finally finished. I'm surprised I haven't seen you around there. If you happen to see a black CB1100 or a blue FZ1 stop me and I'll spring for the coffee!
 
Nice report.....it's finally starting to get to real riding weather here so a post like this serves to inspire me rather than frustrate me, as it may have a month or so ago.
jimbo9867_imp said:
That wouldn't be Stonelick Williams Corner Rd. would it? One of my favorite local roads. Glad to see the bridge finally finished. I'm surprised I haven't seen you around there. If you happen to see a black CB1100 or a blue FZ1 stop me and I'll spring for the coffee!
Pssst...you'll have to spring for tea. The Ferret won't even slow down for an offer of coffee. :)
 
Thread starter
jimbo9867_imp said:
That wouldn't be Stonelick Williams Corner Rd. would it? One of my favorite local roads. Glad to see the bridge finally finished. I'm surprised I haven't seen you around there. If you happen to see a black CB1100 or a blue FZ1 stop me and I'll spring for the coffee!
Why yes it is. Did you just buy the black 1100 from Joel? Great minds! I had 2 blue FZ-1's, an 01 and an 04. My son now has the 04 and my brother the 01.

I have seen 2 black CB's. One over by Kings Mills, the other on Dry Run between 50 and 131.
 
You may have seen me in the Kings Mill area on the CB. I lived in that area up until last October when I moved to Lebanon. I still get down that way fairly often as I have a riding buddy who lives there.
I picked the CB1100 up last year from a dealer near Philadelphia. It was a deal I couldn't pass up. Since Honda dealers require you to personally take delivery, I drove out to pick it up and saw a new FZ1 that was two model years old sitting on the showroom floor for $6900. So, I brought two bikes home for about $15,000! I've been lusting over the BMW R nine t since they came out so the way I sold it to the wife was that I got two for the price of one. That was a tough sell! The couch is starting to get uncomfortable!
EmptySea tells me you only drink tea. That works! Flag me down and it's on me.
 
Thread starter
I will do that. Thanks, and nice move on the two bikes at once. That took guts!
 
Back
Top