replace my KLR650

I dunno. It doesn't look like there's a place to mount panniers or a top box. And I hate riding with a backpack. Oh...and Honda, you don't have to copy BMW's "Bill the Cat" headlights in order to prove you're adventure-worthy. Triumph got it right. Copy them, if you have to.
 
Roper_imp said:
I dunno. It doesn't look like there's a place to mount panniers or a top box. And I hate riding with a backpack. Oh...and Honda, you don't have to copy BMW's "Bill the Cat" headlights in order to prove you're adventure-worthy. Triumph got it right. Copy them, if you have to.
 
Thread starter
Roper_imp said:
I dunno. It doesn't look like there's a place to mount panniers or a top box. And I hate riding with a backpack. Oh...and Honda, you don't have to copy BMW's "Bill the Cat" headlights in order to prove you're adventure-worthy. Triumph got it right. Copy them, if you have to.
Valid points there. I use soft luggage saddle bags and can usually keep them away from exhaust, but lack of rear rack would be an issue. Something would come up though.


Roper_imp said:
I dunno. It doesn't look like there's a place to mount panniers or a top box. And I hate riding with a backpack. Oh...and Honda, you don't have to copy BMW's "Bill the Cat" headlights in order to prove you're adventure-worthy. Triumph got it right. Copy them, if you have to.

Ok, I'm not getting this; I mean it sounds funny, but...Bill the Cat and copying BMW's headlight?...I must be missing something:

63ad7c9f668e277d059bab90ad6d55f4.jpg

311a4848f47b1e1209f4d387d873d28f.jpg


I guess if I look long enough, I can see some resemblance...the ears = turn signals, the tongue = fender? Maybe...might not discourage me from eventually buying one....the Honda that is.
 
Thread starter
This is what already exist for the crf250, so I imagine that either this will fit or something similar will make rear box possible.
f5a3aa0dba8e608f80a0e8b37330eac3.jpg


And then if you need pannier frame:
fd232bb8080c3dda696769ceeeb77993.jpg
 
Yeah, I was looking at the Rally version for my "Bill the Cat" comment. However, the more I look, the more I like the design. I kinda dig the minimal front end and the big barkbusters on the grips. It's like a slimmer and much lighter version of a GS. Which one can can I pick up by myself? (And keep riding without being in pain?)
 
Hmm, be careful lookin' at any "ugly" bikes. The same phenomenon can overcome one: The more one looks at it, the more one likes it.


Long live Bill the Cat.
 
Back
Top