Renthal low bars on '14 DLX?

Rebel73_imp

Been there
Thread starter
Has anyone installed Renthal lows on a DLX or know if they will fit? My buddy has some bars he will give me if they do.
 
The Honda Japanese domestic market (JDM) bars are lower than USA and are pre-drilled for ez install. I have them and happy. Samurider has them.
 
Thread starter
If you're referring to the type II bars that's actually what I have now. I just can't seem to find a set of mirrors I like that don't require removing the internal weights. From what I read the Renthals are thicker and therefore dampen vibration pretty well on their own. I can get those free from my friend. He loves them on his CB1100. However, he has a standard with the smaller tank and the Renthal ultra lows.
 
I have renthal lows on my 14std not sure if the dlx bar clamps are any different but they fit perfect riding and hand position is exactly what I was looking for I did not drill my bars but lightly filed the nubs down inside the switches looks clean fit and finish is perfect!
 
Rob,

I have Renthal Street Mediums and I really like them. I use Triumph Scrambler round mirrors and the combo improved my rear view angle. YMMV

Renthal Street Bars come in Ultra Low, Low, Medium and High. They are 7/8" OD so fit CB bar mounts no problem.

Check HERE
 
Thread starter
Thanks, guys. My only concern is the clearance at full lock being that the DLX has the bigger tank. My buddy seems confident that they will fit so I'll probably just give it a shot.
 
You might check with Geezer. He rides a dlx with low bars
 
Hey Rebel,
I have Renthal Low 'Bars on a '14 EX. Same as a DLX I think. I do have a Whitehouse tank on tho. The 'bars are great and fit perfectly. You'll need to drill them for the switchgear but that takes mins.... Riding Pos. Is great. Hope that helps.
 
I have the renthal low bars on my standard and they are great with plenty of clearance. If guys can use the ultra low bars on the standard then you should be able to use the lows on a deluxe. Worst case scenario they cost about 50 to 60 bucks to find out. Your getting them for free, you can see if they fit before you drill holes in them unless it already done and if you don't like the fit just give them back.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk
 
Honestly the Renthal low bars are probably the best mod I've done on this bike. They are so much better than stock and very simple to install. They should be a factory install.

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk
 
I have the ultra low on a standard 14 CB and I have mounted bar end mirrors I had on a triumph scrambler. Love the combo. Can't comment on whether the renthal are better at reducing vibrations, because I found them on the bike already.
 
Back
Top