removing rear turn signal

modmaster_imp

Running like a top
Thread starter
Where is the connector for the rear turn signal wire? I'm trying to remove it and I don't see where the pin connector is. Can anyone help me out? I don't have the factory service manual yet and a few searches didn't reveal the right information.

modmaster
 
Yup. Take out the storage box and possibly even the battery if you want more room. They (two signals and a tail/stop light connection) are all contained in the giant opaque rubber boot along with that red accessory connector.
 
OK, reviving this briefly, on the fender, under the seat, the rear tail light and turn signal wires are captured by a tack welded "C" shape of metal that is open on one end but sits tight very close to the fender. Do you just pry this open to release the wires or just pull them out and force them back through??
 
Thanks. After studying this closely I think I can safely remove them and re-install with the new "C-Bow" system from H&B afterall.....
 
DaSwami_imp said:
Thanks. After studying this closely I think I can safely remove them and re-install with the new "C-Bow" system from H&B afterall.....
Hi, i am also going to install the c bow carrier. After removing the rear blinkers, did you need to fabricate and extend the blinker cables or was there enough stowed away to be stretched out?.
 
Jeya_imp said:
DaSwami_imp said:
Thanks. After studying this closely I think I can safely remove them and re-install with the new "C-Bow" system from H&B afterall.....
Hi, i am also going to install the c bow carrier. After removing the rear blinkers, did you need to fabricate and extend the blinker cables or was there enough stowed away to be stretched out?.
You have to extend your wires. There is nothing extra. I went with LED aftermarket lights with longer leads. You can see my pics in the link in my signature.
 
kennyw_imp said:
Jeya_imp said:
DaSwami_imp said:
Thanks. After studying this closely I think I can safely remove them and re-install with the new "C-Bow" system from H&B afterall.....
Hi, i am also going to install the c bow carrier. After removing the rear blinkers, did you need to fabricate and extend the blinker cables or was there enough stowed away to be stretched out?.
You have to extend your wires. There is nothing extra. I went with LED aftermarket lights with longer leads. You can see my pics in the link in my signature.
You have to extend your wires. There is nothing extra. I went with LED aftermarket lights with longer leads. You can see my pics in the link in my signature. You have to extend your wires. There is nothing extra. I went with LED aftermarket lights with longer leads. You can see my pics in the link in my signature.
So, how best to "extend" the wires? Sorry, could not find your pics.
 
You can either splice in a new length of wire or find the right connectors and make extensions that you can plug in.
 
Back
Top