Removed tank stickers, installed clear tank protector

ryanschillinger_imp

Running like a top
Thread starter
Well... The stickers came off nicely with the heat gun and some goof off. Clear tank protector should be functional for the $15 or whatever, but some air bubbles remain. I couldn't find my roll of 3m clear protective film. Next time I hope to have that handy. Should be able to do a better job with that stuff anyway. The protector should do the job for a while and they can be removed without damage anyway. Hadn't posted any pics of my bike yet. Installed a NC street shield ex and that's about it so far.



[url=http://s1344.photobucket.com/user/thumpythumpthumper/media/Mobile%20Uploads/image_zpse6lkjykf.jpeg.html]
 
Everytime I see another '14 standard I say to myself, "does mine really look that good?" ... Yes, it does.
 
Thread starter
They really are a good looking bike. It would be nicer looking without a windshield, but probably a bit of a necessity on a naked bike like this. I might ditch the side reflectors. I've done that on every bike I've owned except my first. I need to figure out a passenger backrest situation, and maybe some heavy duty rear shocks. Some saddlebags would be great, but need to have room for a passenger. Don't want to go overboard on this bike. It looks great as it comes, but I need to make some changes to suit how we use the bike.
 
Thread starter
That's a 1969 Ford LTD coupe. 390 engine. I still need to paint it. Baby on the way and not much free time already. Bad combo haha but it's a fun cruiser!
Since these pics, the bike's tank protector has smoothed out. The bubbles disappeared. I installed SW Motech engine guards, H&B top case and luggage rack, and Delkevic slip on. Still need to install the H&B side cases and brackets. Been using the bike for work, so not much down time.
The dog, though, is a chihuaua/ beagle mix. Our other girl is a pug/ dachsund mix.
 
Buena Park, eh?

I used to work for Yamaha Electronics Corp. 6660 Orangethorpe Ave.

Like the Ford.
I just removed my stickers yesterday. Heat Gun, followed by Denatured Alcohol.

Works like a charm. Looks mucho better.
Here's mine>>>

 
Back
Top