I used the tape when I removed my reflectors from my Bonnie. Works great and can't be seen during the day. Think I got it from Bike Bandit...might have been before the rise of Amazon.
I also have a similar tape (3M brand), black in the daytime and silver at night when light shines at it. I don't have it on the wheels, just various parts of the bike here and there.
That is really awesome and would do that for my bike, but being a 2013 std, black tape might look silly in daylight. Maybe the 2013 std has other places for the tape.
Standing next to your bike in daylight, you don't notice the tape?
That is really awesome and would do that for my bike, but being a 2013 std, black tape might look silly in daylight. Maybe the 2013 std has other places for the tape.
Standing next to your bike in daylight, you don't notice the tape?
It is black tape on a black surface, thus unless you are looking for it or looking that wheels in detail it is not easy to spot.
For red bikes maybe the red tape on the silver wheel may look like a nice pinstripe. I had red tape on the wheels of my red NC700 and I think it looked good. Eye of the beholder, you know...