Red Rear Fender

Ron in MO_imp

Running like a top
Thread starter
I have been searching for a red rear fender to complete the look I envisioned. Since I couldn't fine a style I liked, I decided to make my own.

I picked up a used stock rear fender, removed the chrome, primered and painted with the color matching Candy Glory Red. I'm very happy with the end results for about $200 and some of my time.



[url=http://s1376.photobucket.com/user/ronsteinbruegge1/media/2016-01/F7EF9F3C-77BD-4ACE-89A0-48890E2AEB9D_zpssj4rfqox.jpg.html]

[url=http://s1376.photobucket.com/user/ronsteinbruegge1/media/2016-01/1C4EF9A4-1D4C-424B-A540-C92229B70230_zpsxgp2srnm.jpg.html]
 
Looks GREAT!

So, how does one go about removing chrome?
 
Thread starter
Thanks! I got the chrome off using muric acid to loosen the chrome then a electric sander. It took a while!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Wow that looks great! I like that better than the shorties personally.
 
Very nice indeed Ron.
 
Thread starter
Thanks again everyone!

Rob - The standard 2013 centerstand will not work with the DLX dual exhaust. I did get the DLX centerstand when I purchased the used DLX header pipes, but haven't taken the time to rig up a mounting point for the spring. The stand fits fine, but Honda mounted the return spring differently on the DLX models.

This picture shows the center mounting bracket on the DLX models:

 
Wow, how did I miss this? That looks fantastic, Ron!
What taillight and turn signals did you use?
That really cleaned up and streamlined the rear end of the bike. Nice!
 
Papa Weeley_imp said:
Wow, how did I miss this? That looks fantastic, Ron!
What taillight and turn signals did you use?
That really cleaned up and streamlined the rear end of the bike. Nice!
He used the Lucas Style tail light and the blinkers look like Lockhart-Phillips. Very good looking bike. From Ron I took the idea of keeping the factory rear fender and have it color matched.
 
Thread starter
Nemo_imp said:
Papa Weeley_imp said:
Wow, how did I miss this? That looks fantastic, Ron!
What taillight and turn signals did you use?
That really cleaned up and streamlined the rear end of the bike. Nice!
He used the Lucas Style tail light and the blinkers look like Lockhart-Phillips. Very good looking bike. From Ron I took the idea of keeping the factory rear fender and have it color matched.
He used the Lucas Style tail light and the blinkers look like Lockhart-Phillips. Very good looking bike. From Ron I took the idea of keeping the factory rear fender and have it color matched.
Correct on the taillight and turn signal brands, Nemo! Got the idea for these from Chip Beck. I always tell new members about all the great ideas for improvements here on the forum!
 
I applaud your ingenuity. Your bike is one that truly speaks to a clear overall vision. It is evident that you've put a lot of time and effort into turning your vision a reality.

Ron in MO_imp said:
Thanks! I got the chrome off using muric acid to loosen the chrome then a electric sander. It took a while!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I'm not proud of this, but sometimes my mind plays tricks with me. At first glance, i thought you wrote "I got the chrome off using acid music...". (Followed by something about an electric guitar.)

More than likely your method was more effective.
 
Thread starter
Guth_imp said:
I applaud your ingenuity. Your bike is one that truly speaks to a clear overall vision. It is evident that you've put a lot of time and effort into turning your vision a reality.

Ron in MO_imp said:
Thanks! I got the chrome off using muric acid to loosen the chrome then a electric sander. It took a while!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I'm not proud of this, but sometimes my mind plays tricks with me. At first glance, i thought you wrote "I got the chrome off using acid music...". (Followed by something about an electric guitar.)

More than likely your method was more effective.
I'm not proud of this, but sometimes my mind plays tricks with me. At first glance, i thought you wrote "I got the chrome off using acid music...". (Followed by something about an electric guitar.)

More than likely your method was more effective.

LOL! Maybe a little heavy metal with the acid bath.
Thanks again everyone for the complements! I wouldn't have been able to complete the look I was going for without the ideas and help from this forum.

I did add a grab rail on the back to show a small touch of chrome like the original CB's.




Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Back
Top