Chapomis_imp
Road warrior
Thread starter
Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
They do, the F6B.Papa Weeley_imp said:Wow, what a beauty!
I can appreciate the Gold Wings for everything they are now (though not my style), but these first bikes were very cool. I wish they still offered something stripped down and basic like this...maybe even with a 4.
Same what my friends and me thought at the first appearance: clumsy, fake tank, to heavy, shaky chassis. In fact there were some issues with weaving GL1000 at higher speed at the Autobahn.The ferret_imp said:When the Goldwing came out in 75 my dad, younger brother and I rode up to the local Honda shop to see it. They had it on display with the tank pods open.
We walked around it, and commented... Engine is flat and wide, looks like a Beetle engine, who needs 1000ccs in a motorcycle, gas tank isnt a gas tank, real gas tank is under the seat ( goofy place for a gas tank) kickstarter is in the fake gas tank..and we came to the inevitable conclusion it would never sell.
Btw we also thought the CB750 would never sell..too wide, too complicated too many carbs, too many pipes, too many valves
And now you know why I don't buy lottery tickets
Thought you might appreciate some photos (1977 model). One of my favorite bikes.The ferret_imp said:When the Goldwing came out in 75 my dad, younger brother and I rode up to the local Honda shop to see it. They had it on display with the tank pods open.
We walked around it, and commented... Engine is flat and wide, looks like a Beetle engine, who needs 1000ccs in a motorcycle, gas tank isnt a gas tank, real gas tank is under the seat ( goofy place for a gas tank) kickstarter is in the fake gas tank..and we came to the inevitable conclusion it would never sell.
Btw we also thought the CB750 would never sell..too wide, too complicated too many carbs, too many pipes, too many valves
And now you know why I don't buy lottery tickets