Rear turn signal extenders

bflint

Been there
Thread starter
Has anyone come across some nice looking rear turn signal extenders for a 2014 Deluxe? The front strap of my large size saddle bags comes up over the driver's part of the seat which is ok, but when I add on the integrated tail bag, it becomes un-ridable (fyi, this saddle/tail bag combo works great on my 91 Nighthawk but not on my 14 CB100). I know there was a member who had some custom made nice looking extenders, but they are evidently not for sale.
 
The production cost was too high so he decided not to make them for sale.
 
Might consider relocating the signals. There are some kits out there. The best looking to my eye is one that mounts them on either side of the license plate bracket.
 
I moved mine to the license plate bracket with homemade brackets. It turned out nice. The link is in my signature.
 
Also, as I believe kennyw has already mentioned somewhere on this site, Kuryakyn makes a license plate backer with turn signal mounting wings. Kuryakyn describes it's #3155 as: Universal. Most 4" by 7" License Plates. Accepts most OEM rear turn signals.
also Kuryakyn 5/16" or 3/8" small and large silver bullets, Kuryakyn mini bullets and P/N #5032 turn signals.

AND, if you like shiny stuff, it's all chrome plated.
Ken
 
Redbird_imp said:
Also, as I believe kennyw has already mentioned somewhere on this site, Kuryakyn makes a license plate backer with turn signal mounting wings. Kuryakyn describes it's #3155 as: Universal. Most 4" by 7" License Plates. Accepts most OEM rear turn signals.
also Kuryakyn 5/16" or 3/8" small and large silver bullets, Kuryakyn mini bullets and P/N #5032 turn signals.

AND, if you like shiny stuff, it's all chrome plated.
Ken
http://www.kuryakyn.com/products/3908/license-plate-turn-signal-amp-marker-light-mounts
 
Thread starter
kennyw_imp said:
Redbird_imp said:
Also, as I believe kennyw has already mentioned somewhere on this site, Kuryakyn makes a license plate backer with turn signal mounting wings. Kuryakyn describes it's #3155 as: Universal. Most 4" by 7" License Plates. Accepts most OEM rear turn signals.
also Kuryakyn 5/16" or 3/8" small and large silver bullets, Kuryakyn mini bullets and P/N #5032 turn signals.

AND, if you like shiny stuff, it's all chrome plated.
Ken
http://www.kuryakyn.com/products/3908/license-plate-turn-signal-amp-marker-light-mounts
http://www.kuryakyn.com/products/3908/license-plate-turn-signal-amp-marker-light-mounts Thanks .. I'll check into that, but am still hoping to discover some extenders.
 
I haven't taken it apart but doesn't the stock tag bracket have holes on each side where the reflectors are? Might have to do some simple fab work but might be do-able.
 
My post #2 above, is not correct for this answer. Not sure what happened there. It refers to somethings else.

Anyway, Bflint, I remember the thread, but can't find it. But, I did save a link he posted (doesn't show up in a forum post though).

You'd have to order the connectors and pins and make your own extension. I wish I had done so like I had planned, along with a crimp tool, but didn't. Otherwise I make you a couple. Anyway if interested: Motorcycle HM .090 Sealed - Connector and Terminals

Look toward the bottom for the 2 pin connector.
 
Back
Top