Rear shock adjustment for pillion and bags

alexzanutto_imp

First service completed
Thread starter
Hi,

I did try to look for an existing thread but couldn't find any that helped me, so here it is:

The missus and I combine for 125kg (275lbs) give or take 5kg (10lbs). With luggage it tops at 145kg (320lbs).

Curretly the rear preload is set to the standard 2nd notch. Do you guys have any idea if I should adjust to the third or fourth?

The owners manual doesn't give ranges like other manuals do.

Also, would 20kg of luggage make a difference so big that I would have to go a notch higher than just with the missus on board? (Say if with the missus is third notch, with the additional luggage is fourth)

Thanks!
 
I think the total load capacity for the bike is ~320lbs. I'd crank the pre-load all the way up and see if the initial sag and ride is acceptable.

Can somebody check my max load figure?
 
I reckon you should try the third notch, alex, and see how it feels.
 
Thread starter
LakeWylieJoe_imp said:
I think the total load capacity for the bike is ~320lbs. I'd crank the pre-load all the way up and see if the initial sag and ride is acceptable.

Can somebody check my max load figure?
@LakeWylieJoe the sticker under the saddle says 173kg or 381lbs

@Cormanus That's what I did, also because I have no easy way to measure the sag with the missus and bag on (either she sits on the bike or measures the sag lol)

Sent from my Mi MIX 2S using Tapatalk
 
I would go straight to fourth notch, i.e. last but one on the rear. If the bike is still a little slow to turn in you can also decrease the front fork preload one or two rings (anticlockwise). Best of all it takes just a few seconds and 100 yards to test so always worth testing out the new settings for what you find works best for you.
 
Thread starter
Tev62_imp said:
I would go straight to fourth notch, i.e. last but one on the rear. If the bike is still a little slow to turn in you can also decrease the front fork preload one or two rings (anticlockwise). Best of all it takes just a few seconds and 100 yards to test so always worth testing out the new settings for what you find works best for you.
So, I did go for the 4th notch and it drives like it should (no wide corners or anything). Thanks!

I will try to adjust the fork preload as well and revert back!

'13 CB1100 A White
 
alexzanutto_imp said:
Tev62_imp said:
I would go straight to fourth notch, i.e. last but one on the rear. If the bike is still a little slow to turn in you can also decrease the front fork preload one or two rings (anticlockwise). Best of all it takes just a few seconds and 100 yards to test so always worth testing out the new settings for what you find works best for you.
So, I did go for the 4th notch and it drives like it should (no wide corners or anything). Thanks!

I will try to adjust the fork preload as well and revert back!

'13 CB1100 A White
So, I did go for the 4th notch and it drives like it should (no wide corners or anything). Thanks!

I will try to adjust the fork preload as well and revert back!

'13 CB1100 A White
Excellent, it doesn't take much to get this bike handling a treat. :thumbsup:
 
Back
Top