gossman_imp
Been there
Thread starter
Looking for a rear rack to mount my tailbag. There seems to be several offered for the'13, any favorites?
Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.


gossman' pid='69350' dateline='1419223922 said:Looking for a rear rack to mount my tailbag. There seems to be several offered for the'13, any favorites?
[/quote
I prefer the stock luggage rack accessory from Honda. Nothing fits and looks better in my opinion. I mounted a Givi plate to accommodate a Givi carrier which I use interchangably with my SH150i.
I'm thinking that the weight limitations is because of where it is in relationship to the axle. Excessive weight + goosing the throttle = wheely timeLord Popgun_imp said:Hey Andy,
I took that little sticker off my rack and now it holds more...
That rack is built like a tank. I wonder if they are more worried about the leverage on the bolts being the limit, but I'm not a mechanical engineer so I don't know.
I figured its that or the lawyers.
$220 was the price they gave me shipped. Having a hard time with that since I went overboard on a new helmet. If I can't find something that is quite a bit less it's going to be a while. I'll just continue to tie the bag on the rear of the seat until then.AndyHe_imp said:The price from Samurider was something like $196 US plus shipping. So yes it is a bit more expensive than other options but it's a pretty good rack. Still only rated to hold 8kg though which is about 20 pounds.

Time to get off the pot! I cancelled my back order with TW and ordered the same rack from an eBay seller. The store is in Italy, same rack, same picture, about $35 less expensive too. Now to see how long it takes to get here.kennyw_imp said:Twisted throttle has been back ordered on that rack for the last 4 months. I ended up buying a factory rack off ebay as that was the only seller with actual stock on hand.
less.