Rear rack

zippooriginal_imp

Running like a top
Thread starter
Just bought a new 2014 Black CB1100A. I need a rear rack. The one I would like is available from Honda oem or from Samurider but apparently only for the DLX/EX model. Samurider offers a sanctioned from Honda aftermarket product. Can I get a oem rear rack for my CB1100 or will I have to resort to the sanctioned one offered by Samurider?? Any advice would be a big help. Thanks.
 
The one that Samurider sells is the factory rack. I have that one on my 2013.
 
What Randy said.
 
zippooriginal_imp said:
Just bought a new 2014 Black CB1100A. I need a rear rack. The one I would like is available from Honda oem or from Samurider but apparently only for the DLX/EX model. Samurider offers a sanctioned from Honda aftermarket product. Can I get a oem rear rack for my CB1100 or will I have to resort to the sanctioned one offered by Samurider?? Any advice would be a big help. Thanks.
It is confusing at first blush. With the STD bike, like yours and mine, you have the choice of two different OEM Honda racks. They are built differently in how the two cross member slats are flat on one and round on the other; The mounting is the same for either rack with the STD bikes like yours and mine. However, one has extra mounting parts needed for the DLX. I suppose that makes the DLX even heavier than it already is. What a pig! *grin*.

Again, there is one Honda OEM rack that fits the STD only, the black one for example, like yours and mine. The other rack fits either. There is no Honda OEM rack that fits only the DLX.

I have the Honda OEM rack that fits both STD and DLX on my black CB1100A (STD). I ordered mine through my dealer. I told him what I would pay, $200, and he accepted it. There was no shipping cost. I did pay local sales tax. I did not have to move any turn signals. The OEM rack fits perfectly.

I like the rack for the STD and DLX better than the other. It is slightly higher in advertised cost. I think it is worth it but that might just be me.
 
I've got the OEM rack on my Black 14. Good fit and finish. Hasn't interfered with any other accessories that I've added. Tourmaster Saddle bags and Corbin seat.
take the long way home.
crutch
 
crutch_imp said:
I've got the OEM rack on my Black 14. Good fit and finish. Hasn't interfered with any other accessories that I've added. Tourmaster Saddle bags and Corbin seat.
take the long way home.
crutch
Thanks. Good post! I was wondering about the Corbin seat clearance. I've seen pictures of saddle bags with the OEM rack so I'm thinking that's the ticket for me if I run out of room with the rack.
 
Tried the GIVI rack. Required too much "bending" to make it fit (sent it back). Samurider OEM fit perfect.
 
I have the OEM rack (08L70-MGC-N40) from Samurider and the Givi 46 topcase on my Deluxe.. I can fit 2 full face helmets in it.
 
I have the OEM rack on my 2014 std. I made a mount so I can quickly swap between the large and medium Dewalt tough cases. I use the big one for work and the smaller for running errands. Not beautiful but a very flexible solution. The rack is pretty versatile.



[url=http://s1168.photobucket.com/user/lester9/media/Mobile%20Uploads/motorcycle/2016-08-06%2017.33.31_zpssxjnxp55.jpg.html]

[url=http://s1168.photobucket.com/user/lester9/media/2016-08-06%2017.34.21_zpstjq0tsfr.jpg.html]




Sent from my SM-T710 using Tapatalk
 
Well thats just pretty clever :thumbsup: I think you are the first to do that. You might have to get ready to provide instructions to others... :D
 
Holy smokes what do you have to carry for work? I would think the case empty would exceed the weight limit for the rack lol
 
Actually I carry quite a bit. I restore memorials in the cemeteries. Sometimes I carry cleaning products and at other times it's painting and polishing products. I don't want to hijack this post so I'll take some photos of the mounting setup and post separately.

Sent from my SM-T710 using Tapatalk
 
Anyone mount the Shad rack yet? I already have a Shad mount and topbox on my RT so that is why I am going that route. My 42liter box might look a tad big on the CB. Once I add the mount, I will add some soft bags and a tank bag and call it a day.
I commute often and carry stuff so having locking storage is important.
 
sharkey_imp said:
Anyone mount the Shad rack yet? I already have a Shad mount and topbox on my RT so that is why I am going that route. My 42liter box might look a tad big on the CB. Once I add the mount, I will add some soft bags and a tank bag and call it a day.
I commute often and carry stuff so having locking storage is important.
I have the Shad rack, nice in black
 
Back
Top