DaSwami_imp
Been there
Thread starter
Ah, Ventura! I have one of their racks sitting on my shelf for a Suzuki GSX-1100G that I've never used...good to know they have one for the CB!
Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
Hey D-S;DaSwami_imp said:Ah, Ventura! I have one of their racks sitting on my shelf for a Suzuki GSX-1100G that I've never used...good to know they have one for the CB!
Aschem, I like that rack. And I like that you get to keep the (OEM) bungie hooks. Unfortunally, mine went away with the Honda rack.aschem_imp said:I installed a rear, black rack from Shad and had no problems.
Shad Luggage Rack and Kappa Trunk
They don't have instructions (at least mine didn't) when they are new. They do fit well and are quite beefy. I installed a Saddlemen Adventure Rear Rack Bag. Moose Racing makes a similar bag for about $30 less. Both the Saddlemen and the Moose can be locked onto the rack.Roper_imp said:I bought the Honda rack used on ebay for a pretty good savings. It was in excellent condition. No instructions--just the rack and bolts. It wasn't too hard to figure out how it attached. As others have said: Finger-tight first then tighten equally. I commute on my bike, so I've used the rack almost every day. With a bungee net, it carries a laptop bag or a small backpack nicely. I think it looks like it "fits" the bike. It's not visually obtrusive and maintains a nice symmetry with the line of the exhaust, if that kind of thing is important to you.
You can download the pdf instructions online easy enough though or use the nice write up in the "how to" section here.Pete Erickson_imp said:They don't have instructions (at least mine didn't) when they are new. They do fit well and are quite beefy. I installed a Saddlemen Adventure Rear Rack Bag. Moose Racing makes a similar bag for about $30 less. Both the Saddlemen and the Moose can be locked onto the rack.Roper_imp said:I bought the Honda rack used on ebay for a pretty good savings. It was in excellent condition. No instructions--just the rack and bolts. It wasn't too hard to figure out how it attached. As others have said: Finger-tight first then tighten equally. I commute on my bike, so I've used the rack almost every day. With a bungee net, it carries a laptop bag or a small backpack nicely. I think it looks like it "fits" the bike. It's not visually obtrusive and maintains a nice symmetry with the line of the exhaust, if that kind of thing is important to you.
Saddlemen Adventure Rear Rack Bag - RevZilla
do you have pics of the bag on your cycle?Pete Erickson_imp said:They don't have instructions (at least mine didn't) when they are new. They do fit well and are quite beefy. I installed a Saddlemen Adventure Rear Rack Bag. Moose Racing makes a similar bag for about $30 less. Both the Saddlemen and the Moose can be locked onto the rack.Roper_imp said:I bought the Honda rack used on ebay for a pretty good savings. It was in excellent condition. No instructions--just the rack and bolts. It wasn't too hard to figure out how it attached. As others have said: Finger-tight first then tighten equally. I commute on my bike, so I've used the rack almost every day. With a bungee net, it carries a laptop bag or a small backpack nicely. I think it looks like it "fits" the bike. It's not visually obtrusive and maintains a nice symmetry with the line of the exhaust, if that kind of thing is important to you.
Saddlemen Adventure Rear Rack Bag - RevZilla
That's weird Tezza. I have had my OEM rack out in all sorts of weather for nearly four years and it is as good as new. Forks OK as well.Tezza_imp said:I have an OEM Honda rack on mine. Going rusty as well . The chrome plating on these bikes is really rubbish. i have already had the front fork tubes rechromed as the original chrome almost wore off. The hardchromers said that there was only about a 4 micron thickness on them.
That's weird Tezza. I have had my OEM rack out in all sorts of weather for nearly four years and it is as good as new. Forks OK as well.Pterodactyl_imp said:That's weird Tezza. I have had my OEM rack out in all sorts of weather for nearly four years and it is as good as new. Forks OK as well.Tezza_imp said:I have an OEM Honda rack on mine. Going rusty as well . The chrome plating on these bikes is really rubbish. i have already had the front fork tubes rechromed as the original chrome almost wore off. The hardchromers said that there was only about a 4 micron thickness on them.
Cheers
You can download the pdf instructions online easy enough though or use the nice write up in the "how to" section here.kennyw_imp said:You can download the pdf instructions online easy enough though or use the nice write up in the "how to" section here.Pete Erickson_imp said:They don't have instructions (at least mine didn't) when they are new. They do fit well and are quite beefy. I installed a Saddlemen Adventure Rear Rack Bag. Moose Racing makes a similar bag for about $30 less. Both the Saddlemen and the Moose can be locked onto the rack.Roper_imp said:I bought the Honda rack used on ebay for a pretty good savings. It was in excellent condition. No instructions--just the rack and bolts. It wasn't too hard to figure out how it attached. As others have said: Finger-tight first then tighten equally. I commute on my bike, so I've used the rack almost every day. With a bungee net, it carries a laptop bag or a small backpack nicely. I think it looks like it "fits" the bike. It's not visually obtrusive and maintains a nice symmetry with the line of the exhaust, if that kind of thing is important to you.
Saddlemen Adventure Rear Rack Bag - RevZilla