Rear-end a cop bike? Oh mate, why? Why?

At least it was't Cormanus on his rented ST. ( I think the cop bike is one)
 
I luv it! Hope the guy/gal gets the book thrown at them as opposed to a slap on the wrist here. The officer appears uninjured,hope that's the case.
 
Lord Popgun_imp said:
At least it was't Cormanus on his rented ST. ( I think the cop bike is one)
Can't watch the video for some reason, but is now the time to confess that I recently got done for impersonating a motorcycle cop?
 
At Deals Gap? Ha Ha!
 
This happened to me last year at a 4 way stop near my office. Fortunately, I was able to stay upright. When questioned, the doofus that bumped me said he wasn't expecting me to actually come to a complete stop at the stop sign. Sheesh!

About 4 years earlier, a different doofus ran into the back of my truck at the same intersection. He said he dropped is coffee cup on the floor and was down there looking for it. :huh:

Seems like looking out the windshield while driving is becoming less common than it used to be :P
 
Thread starter
Flynrider_imp said:
This happened to me last year at a 4 way stop near my office. Fortunately, I was able to stay upright. When questioned, the doofus that bumped me said he wasn't expecting me to actually come to a complete stop at the stop sign. Sheesh!

About 4 years earlier, a different doofus ran into the back of my truck at the same intersection. He said he dropped is coffee cup on the floor and was down there looking for it. :huh:

Seems like looking out the windshield while driving is becoming less common than it used to be :P
Note that the cop is wearing a white helmet and a hi-viz vest. Sigh.

Well the new high-tech collision detectors and auto brake systems are arriving on the scene so maybe all is not lost. Although it could be counter productive in that the doofus types may feel looking out is less important than ever. You are a pilot so you will appreciate a cartoon I saw in the early days of "glass cockpits". Looming large in the windscreen is a snow capped mountain peak. Both pilots have their heads down looking at a computer screen. The Captain says to the co-pilot, "What's it mean game over?"

Cheers
 
Pterodactyl_imp said:
Flynrider_imp said:
This happened to me last year at a 4 way stop near my office. Fortunately, I was able to stay upright. When questioned, the doofus that bumped me said he wasn't expecting me to actually come to a complete stop at the stop sign. Sheesh!

About 4 years earlier, a different doofus ran into the back of my truck at the same intersection. He said he dropped is coffee cup on the floor and was down there looking for it. :huh:

Seems like looking out the windshield while driving is becoming less common than it used to be :P
Note that the cop is wearing a white helmet and a hi-viz vest. Sigh.

Well the new high-tech collision detectors and auto brake systems are arriving on the scene so maybe all is not lost. Although it could be counter productive in that the doofus types may feel looking out is less important than ever. You are a pilot so you will appreciate a cartoon I saw in the early days of "glass cockpits". Looming large in the windscreen is a snow capped mountain peak. Both pilots have their heads down looking at a computer screen. The Captain says to the co-pilot, "What's it mean game over?"

Cheers
Note that the cop is wearing a white helmet and a hi-viz vest. Sigh.

Well the new high-tech collision detectors and auto brake systems are arriving on the scene so maybe all is not lost. Although it could be counter productive in that the doofus types may feel looking out is less important than ever. You are a pilot so you will appreciate a cartoon I saw in the early days of "glass cockpits". Looming large in the windscreen is a snow capped mountain peak. Both pilots have their heads down looking at a computer screen. The Captain says to the co-pilot, "What's it mean game over?"

Cheers
:rofl:
 
All this doofus talk puts me in mind of a list of bizarre US legal cases that did the rounds on the Internet a few years ago. In my favorite, the owner of a Winnebago sued the company after his expensive new mobile home crashed. He told the court the accident occurred after he had set the cruise control and gone back to make a cup of coffee.
 
I have a feeling that the dude that rear-ended the police bike is about to receive a "Burger with the lot" and its going to cost $$$$$.

Regards
 
Pterodactyl_imp said:
Flynrider_imp said:
This happened to me last year at a 4 way stop near my office. Fortunately, I was able to stay upright. When questioned, the doofus that bumped me said he wasn't expecting me to actually come to a complete stop at the stop sign. Sheesh!

About 4 years earlier, a different doofus ran into the back of my truck at the same intersection. He said he dropped is coffee cup on the floor and was down there looking for it. :huh:

Seems like looking out the windshield while driving is becoming less common than it used to be :P
Note that the cop is wearing a white helmet and a hi-viz vest. Sigh.

Well the new high-tech collision detectors and auto brake systems are arriving on the scene so maybe all is not lost. Although it could be counter productive in that the doofus types may feel looking out is less important than ever. You are a pilot so you will appreciate a cartoon I saw in the early days of "glass cockpits". Looming large in the windscreen is a snow capped mountain peak. Both pilots have their heads down looking at a computer screen. The Captain says to the co-pilot, "What's it mean game over?"

Cheers
That's funny and not so far from reality. Two weeks ago I was flying to an airport to meet a friend for breakfast. About half way there I saw him pass about 200 ft. below me. I called him on the radio, wondering why he'd made no mention of it. He sheepishly confessed that he was engrossed in a study of Exhaust Gas Temperature graphs being displayed on his new glass panel.
 
I've just managed to get the video to work. The best thing about it is the fact that it took nearly 20 seconds for the woman in the car with the camera to work out that the policeman had been knocked off his bike. A curiosity is that no-one got out to see whether the policeman (who was probably also a person) was OK. I know he was up and about quickly, but still, someone should have checked.
 
He did look pretty unhappy. I think I can guess what he said as he got up...
 
Lord Popgun_imp said:
He did look pretty unhappy. I think I can guess what he said as he got up...
Yes, and it wasn't "Remain in your veh-hicle, hands on the wheel!"
 
The first thing he said who knows but I'm sure he thought about how many traffic offences had just been committed and one can witness his self control.
 
Back
Top