There was a time Down Under when people went crazy for devices that were called XXXX-mate. For example, I still have a Barbie-mate which is a cunning spatula for use on barbecues. It's a multi-purpose tool. It's got a sharp edge for cutting those little bits of gut that hold sausages together and prongs for pricking sausages. It's got a bottle opener for the chef's beer and a good-solid edge for scraping the barbecue clean. Here's one.
But I've never heard of a Tobacco Mate. It could, I suppose, be code for a cigarette paper or a pipe or some other device to help you ingest nicotine, tar, carbon monoxide and all those other jolly things that come with having a puff. Perhaps its a lighter or a box of matches. Or it could be the trolley on which you carry the oxygen cylinder after a lifetime of smoking. In any event, I might have to invent one now you've given me the idea.