Real World Issues

Gone in 60

Road warrior
Thread starter
So this was interesting. When I changed the battery in the Triumph recently, there was a tad bit of corrosion on the ring terminals for the battery tender pigtail. I grabbed my phone and ordered a cheap replacement from eBay. A couple of bucks, I assumed it was coming from China.

Just realized that I never got a shipping notification, so I checked for messages on my EBay app, and the seller sent this:

“Dear friend
Due to the impact of the disease in China, there is no way to arrange shipments, I am sorry for the inconvenience caused to you, and we will arrange a refund as soon as possible”

Wow, this is getting serious. Hope we can all stay healthy!
 
About two weeks ago I was going to order an item that I knew would be shipped from China - then I thought about the virus and dropped that thought in a hurry.
I dug around on the internet and found the exact same item in the U.S. - and it was cheaper, believe it or not.
California to the Canadian east coast and across our mutual border in eight days.
What service :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
 
Thread starter
My wife has been in and out of the hospital in the last few weeks having some work done, and almost everyone there are wearing masks - maintenance workers, food service, etc.

Some of her colleagues are telling her that the preferred surgical mask companies are starting to reporting shortages.
 
Crazy. On eBay I usually select "US only", even if it's a couple bucks extra, because I don't like waiting 8 weeks for delivery from China.
 
Thread starter
Yeah, I usually do too, but not in a hurry for this piece.
 
We are still going to a great Chinese Buffet near us in Arden . I can not eat with a face mask on , so I just take the risk …..
 
No masks at my regular dim sum. A few weeks ago a couple walked in with black masks, looked around, and then left. They were probably afraid nobody were wearing masks. :)

- - -

Returning from the main land, a co-worker has self-quarantined himself for two weeks. Another, ahem, is or was at work. He wasn't seen today.
 
Back
Top