Real Retro Looks

Reiver_imp

First service completed
Thread starter
I have to say that I love the admiring looks my bike gets from some of the older bikers and comments such as " you really do keep such an old bike in great condition". People are really surprised when I tell them the bike is a 14 plate and not much older. As its on Irish plates you can't tell the age from the plates easily. I wonder how many riders of other makes retro bikes get the same attention.
 
Reiver_imp said:
I have to say that I love the admiring looks my bike gets from some of the older bikers and comments such as " you really do keep such an old bike in great condition". People are really surprised when I tell them the bike is a 14 plate and not much older. As its on Irish plates you can't tell the age from the plates easily. I wonder how many riders of other makes retro bikes get the same attention.
All the time ;)

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
 
Rode the bike up to nearby Lowe’s for a lawn mower tuneup kit after lunch on Saturday, when the guy who parked next to me said “that is a 73 750 right?” The look on his face when I told him no, it is a 2014 was priceless:shy:
 
I think the CB1100 gets a lot of that kind of attention because most people don't know that Honda even makes a retro bike.

Last week I was sitting on my bike at a convenience store drinking some coffee. A guy came running up, very excited to see my "old CB750". I moved my leg and pointed to the CB1100 badge on the side panel and he seemed very confused until I explained that this was a 21st century bike.

I've been getting similar questions about the bike since I bought it in '13.
Mostly from people who don't currently ride, but owned a classic CB back in the 70s and 80s.
 
It must be the cooling fins or chrome fenders because nobody who knew Hondas in the early '70's should confuse this DOHC engine for a SOHC CB750. Personally, I don't see the resemblance. Perhaps they're keying off something else.
 
Yup coupled with the fact that most people do not know that this model of bike even exists and the fact that it really does look like a vintage Honda means that riding this thing around is guaranteed to get looks/comments. Could be worse haha.

I'm sure that T-120 and V7 riders get the same treatment, but no other models really come to mind. Ah, Royal Enfields, but don't see too many of them.
Mscb1100_imp said:
I ll try to confuse them additionally when I remove the CB 1100 logos and add these 1150 Four retro look logos
Are these from Mr. T?
 
Very soon after I got my DLX I was filling it up and a guy next to me said that it was the nicest old bike that he had ever seen complementing me on it's great condition. I said thanks, it's easy because it is brand new! He was shocked.

Just another reason why I like this motorcycle.
 
I've had a number of "nice restoration" comments from MATURE riders. No such thing as old in the motorcycle crowd right? But a few younger riders have asked "Is that the new Honda?"
 
bikenut65_imp said:
I get the same with my 2014 Triumph Scrambler and even had a "Nice restoration on that CB" remark this past weekend!
Agree, of all my bikes, the Scram seems to get the highest number of positive comments...
 
Back
Top