RE: 2017 CB1100 Owners Registry

Inhouse Bob_imp said:
Whoops_imp said:
Inhouse Bob_imp said:
GoldOxide_imp said:
Poor thing looks like its been to Mercury and back.
I guess I'd better not let y'all see my bike then! :D
I guess I'd better not let y'all see my bike then! :D
Now I think I want pictures. :)
I guess I'd better not let y'all see my bike then! :D
Now I think I want pictures. :)
It looks good from 20 yards away... at speed... in the late evening twilight.
Sadly, it lives outdoors with just a bike cover for protection. Moisture tends to condense under there and so there are lots of rust speckles. Oh, and I'm not one for cleaning and polishing, either. So, yeah.
Bob - You need one of those water-repellent m/c covers that "breathes".

It may save you a bit of grief.
 
GoldOxide_imp said:
Inhouse Bob_imp said:
Whoops_imp said:
Inhouse Bob_imp said:
GoldOxide_imp said:
Poor thing looks like its been to Mercury and back.
I guess I'd better not let y'all see my bike then! :D
I guess I'd better not let y'all see my bike then! :D
Now I think I want pictures. :)
I guess I'd better not let y'all see my bike then! :D
Now I think I want pictures. :)
It looks good from 20 yards away... at speed... in the late evening twilight.
Sadly, it lives outdoors with just a bike cover for protection. Moisture tends to condense under there and so there are lots of rust speckles. Oh, and I'm not one for cleaning and polishing, either. So, yeah.
Bob - You need one of those water-repellent m/c covers that "breathes".

It may save you a bit of grief.
Bob - You need one of those water-repellent m/c covers that "breathes".

It may save you a bit of grief. I have a spiffy one with vents and all, but humid days overwhelm it. 'Tis what 'tis.
 
yep, that's a fact, at the end of the day there's nothing like climate control for fighting rust. Covers just don't do it. I think you'd do a better job of protecting an outdoor bike by religiously wiping it off and applying wax and polish. the wax would be a better barrier than the cover if it were maintained like...daily. I completely understand though. that's too much effort for anybody who doesn't have a screw loose.

start a gofundme to replace all the rusty parts. we all want you to have a shiny bike.
 
Guess you'all might wish to consider what many British rider counterparts do and spray down vulnerable parts with ACF-50.

Then, just forget the cover.
 
misterprofessionality_imp said:
yep, that's a fact, at the end of the day there's nothing like climate control for fighting rust. Covers just don't do it. I think you'd do a better job of protecting an outdoor bike by religiously wiping it off and applying wax and polish. the wax would be a better barrier than the cover if it were maintained like...daily. I completely understand though. that's too much effort for anybody who doesn't have a screw loose.

start a gofundme to replace all the rusty parts. we all want you to have a shiny bike.
Maybe not quite all. I'd appreciate some company. :D
 
I'm with ya Cormanus and Inhouse Bob
 
GoldOxide_imp said:
Guess you'all might wish to consider what many British rider counterparts do and spray down vulnerable parts with ACF-50.

Then, just forget the cover.
ACF is a great product, but it will not last nor protect for 4 weeks of British or other continuous rain. Find a garage or build a car port.
 
Nachodaddy_imp said:
WhatYes, good luck. I hope it works out for you. I am in the Phoenix area, so if I can help, let me know.
Thanks Nachodaddy. I started the thread about the speedo being off by 20mph on the bike and am to the point now I'm going to hold off and - as I had originally intended - purchase in the spring.
 
WhatYes_imp said:
Nachodaddy_imp said:
WhatYes, good luck. I hope it works out for you. I am in the Phoenix area, so if I can help, let me know.
Thanks Nachodaddy. I started the thread about the speedo being off by 20mph on the bike and am to the point now I'm going to hold off and - as I had originally intended - purchase in the spring.
Thanks Nachodaddy. I started the thread about the speedo being off by 20mph on the bike and am to the point now I'm going to hold off and - as I had originally intended - purchase in the spring. Yes, it is a shame, but that would bother me too. I'm sure he'll find someone that isn't worried by the speedo anomaly or who can fix it. And I'm sure you will find a bike that really lights your fires. Best of luck.
 
FYI, mine has been Garaged AND Under cover since New - Just Sayin' and I'm a private seller vs ...., and Forum member, ....
 
WhatYes_imp said:
r100rsman_imp said:
https://annapolis.craigslist.org/mcy/d/edgewater-2017-honda-cb1100/7415729486.html


Saw this and if I didn’t have one already I would be interested
Beautiful bike and GREAT price. I know this may seem silly to some but I DO NOT want spoke wheels. Yeah, yeah.... I know.... I could replace them, but....
Beautiful bike and GREAT price. I know this may seem silly to some but I DO NOT want spoke wheels. Yeah, yeah.... I know.... I could replace them, but....
.... but the replacement would cost you north of 2k buckeroos. I know because I tried lately ... since I am tired of the tire implications.
 
Back
Top