RE: 2017 CB1100 Owners Registry

Silas_imp said:
I will soon be a 2017 DX owner.
I am looking for one to buy in US
I had seen 47 offers at SmartCycle. I wrote my interest but until now I had no answer.
If somebody has informations please let me know.
Thanks
Hi Silas! The world is running out of new CB 1100 EX and RS. Guess 2012 will be the last year in production for this historical in line four, air cooled machine. They are not sold in EU no more, due to Euro 6 restrictions. The 2012 models will be sold only in countries that are not in compliance with Euro 6 laws. Keep on searching for an used one in good condition.
Boa sorte!
Hi Silas! The world is running out of new CB 1100 EX and RS. Guess 2012 will be the last year in production for this historical in line four, air cooled machine. They are not sold in EU no more, due to Euro 6 restrictions. The 2012 models will be sold only in countries that are not in compliance with Euro 6 laws. Keep on searching for an used one in good condition.
Boa sorte!
Sorry, I wanted to say 2022...
 
Its Euro 5 the CB couldn't meet Rui Garrido, Honda were just allowed to sell left over Euro 4 stock well into the Euro 5 deadline as were other manufacturers. I say couldn't meet, I'm sure Honda could of made it Euro 5 but just didn't think it was worth the investment for the potential sales.
 
Tev62_imp said:
Its Euro 5 the CB couldn't meet Rui Garrido, Honda were just allowed to sell left over Euro 4 stock well into the Euro 5 deadline as were other manufacturers. I say couldn't meet, I'm sure Honda could of made it Euro 5 but just didn't think it was worth the investment for the potential sales.
Yes, you're right. My mistake... And you're also right concerning the investment vs. potential sales. Guess this is the end of an era, that's why I'll keep my bike. More and more motorcycles on the market that sound like a vacuum cleaner, with lots of electronic gadgets and test riding modes... That's not definitively my thing. I need to feel something in my stomach when I ride a motorcycle... And I'm not talking about extreme speed. I was a Harley rider for 20 years, then Triumph rider and now I own this one (Honda CB 1100 RS) for almost 3 years (which happens to be the best I've ever had), but they all have something in common: the feel of riding a motorcycle like they were built in the past with modern technology...
misterprofessionality_imp said:
they'll probably develop a new retro classic standard with a motor that already meets euro 5. the rumor has it we'll get a GB1100 wi the Africa Twin plant.
Yes maybe. I'm curious about that. Or maybe they all turn electric in a few years...
 
Rui Garrido_imp said:
Tev62_imp said:
Its Euro 5 the CB couldn't meet Rui Garrido, Honda were just allowed to sell left over Euro 4 stock well into the Euro 5 deadline as were other manufacturers. I say couldn't meet, I'm sure Honda could of made it Euro 5 but just didn't think it was worth the investment for the potential sales.
Yes, you're right. My mistake... And you're also right concerning the investment vs. potential sales. Guess this is the end of an era, that's why I'll keep my bike. More and more motorcycles on the market that sound like a vacuum cleaner, with lots of electronic gadgets and test riding modes... That's not definitively my thing. I need to feel something in my stomach when I ride a motorcycle... And I'm not talking about extreme speed. I was a Harley rider for 20 years, then Triumph rider and now I own this one (Honda CB 1100 RS) for almost 3 years (which happens to be the best I've ever had), but they all have something in common: the feel of riding a motorcycle like they were built in the past with modern technology...
misterprofessionality_imp said:
they'll probably develop a new retro classic standard with a motor that already meets euro 5. the rumor has it we'll get a GB1100 wi the Africa Twin plant.
Yes maybe. I'm curious about that. Or maybe they all turn electric in a few years...
:rofl:
 
GoldOxide_imp said:
Rui Garrido_imp said:
Tev62_imp said:
Its Euro 5 the CB couldn't meet Rui Garrido, Honda were just allowed to sell left over Euro 4 stock well into the Euro 5 deadline as were other manufacturers. I say couldn't meet, I'm sure Honda could of made it Euro 5 but just didn't think it was worth the investment for the potential sales.
Yes, you're right. My mistake... And you're also right concerning the investment vs. potential sales. Guess this is the end of an era, that's why I'll keep my bike. More and more motorcycles on the market that sound like a vacuum cleaner, with lots of electronic gadgets and test riding modes... That's not definitively my thing. I need to feel something in my stomach when I ride a motorcycle... And I'm not talking about extreme speed. I was a Harley rider for 20 years, then Triumph rider and now I own this one (Honda CB 1100 RS) for almost 3 years (which happens to be the best I've ever had), but they all have something in common: the feel of riding a motorcycle like they were built in the past with modern technology...
misterprofessionality_imp said:
they'll probably develop a new retro classic standard with a motor that already meets euro 5. the rumor has it we'll get a GB1100 wi the Africa Twin plant.
Yes maybe. I'm curious about that. Or maybe they all turn electric in a few years...
:rofl:
:rofl:
and which also look like a vacuum cleaner!... ;)
 
Rui Garrido_imp said:
GoldOxide_imp said:
Rui Garrido_imp said:
Tev62_imp said:
Its Euro 5 the CB couldn't meet Rui Garrido, Honda were just allowed to sell left over Euro 4 stock well into the Euro 5 deadline as were other manufacturers. I say couldn't meet, I'm sure Honda could of made it Euro 5 but just didn't think it was worth the investment for the potential sales.
Yes, you're right. My mistake... And you're also right concerning the investment vs. potential sales. Guess this is the end of an era, that's why I'll keep my bike. More and more motorcycles on the market that sound like a vacuum cleaner, with lots of electronic gadgets and test riding modes... That's not definitively my thing. I need to feel something in my stomach when I ride a motorcycle... And I'm not talking about extreme speed. I was a Harley rider for 20 years, then Triumph rider and now I own this one (Honda CB 1100 RS) for almost 3 years (which happens to be the best I've ever had), but they all have something in common: the feel of riding a motorcycle like they were built in the past with modern technology...
misterprofessionality_imp said:
they'll probably develop a new retro classic standard with a motor that already meets euro 5. the rumor has it we'll get a GB1100 wi the Africa Twin plant.
Yes maybe. I'm curious about that. Or maybe they all turn electric in a few years...
:rofl:
:rofl:
and which also look like a vacuum cleaner!... ;)
:rofl:
and which also look like a vacuum cleaner!... ;)
Always thought my CB350 in the late '60s / early '70s sounded like a sewing machine...
 
I thought that Hondas were quiet was a bad thing - at least that's what Harley Owners say. That was a plus for me.
 
rbike_imp said:
I thought that Hondas were quiet was a bad thing - at least that's what Harley Owners say. That was a plus for me.
I had a 96 Harley Fat Boy with Vance & Hines exhausts and they were darn loud for my taste... Always felt guilty about my neighbors when I came back late at night. I'm pretty happy with the roar of my bike right now. I have non stock pipes but never took the DB killer off. The bike is quite noticeable in the traffic and the sound's not obnoxious.
 
Thread starter
Dear sonnyb: Thank you for the information.
But I can not buy this motorcycle because only brand new (zero miles/km) can be imported to Brazil or others used with more tha 30 years (colletibles).
 
Silas, unless you get really lucky indeed, I doubt very much you will find a new, zero mile 2017 CB1100 in the USA. You could try contacting Honda America direct or maybe a large Honda dealer. Otherwise, could you look at importing one from Japan?
 
Silas_imp said:
Dear sonnyb: Thank you for the information.
But I can not buy this motorcycle because only brand new (zero miles/km) can be imported to Brazil or others used with more tha 30 years (colletibles).
Could you indicate how desperate you are in terms of money you are willing to spend on a brand new EX or RS ? (no I don't have one, just asking).
 
A quick Cycle Trader nationwide search shows about 34 CB's for sale...
2013 Red - 8
2014 Black - 25
2017 Red - 1

ZERO unicorns for sale though (2014 DELUXE) :thumbsup:

Not sure how accurate or updated that is, but plenty of 2014 ones around. Only 3 by private seller though...
 
Whoops_imp said:
Inhouse Bob_imp said:
GoldOxide_imp said:
Poor thing looks like its been to Mercury and back.
I guess I'd better not let y'all see my bike then! :D
I guess I'd better not let y'all see my bike then! :D
Now I think I want pictures. :)
I guess I'd better not let y'all see my bike then! :D
Now I think I want pictures. :)
It looks good from 20 yards away... at speed... in the late evening twilight.
Sadly, it lives outdoors with just a bike cover for protection. Moisture tends to condense under there and so there are lots of rust speckles. Oh, and I'm not one for cleaning and polishing, either. So, yeah.
 
Back
Top