Rally consequences

Razor

Been there
Thread starter
Had toyed with the thought of adding a windscreen. There were several bikes at the rally with them. The Comet I really caught my eye. Sent an inquiry to Mr. T, and he promptly responded. Placed the order. There's a bit of a lead time, but I'm not in a rush.

Consequence #2. There were two BMW R Nine T's. Not a good thing... haven't ordered one, but can't get it off my mind. I'll probably go to the dealer in Grand Rapids and take one for a spin. Hopefully it'll ride rough, won't handle, make weird noises and come with a flower pot to hand on the handlebars :)
 
I saw you eyeing that 9T lol.

I can tell you from rally experience, they are very slow at times and have no sense of direction :rofl:
 
I've been thinking hard about getting a Road Comet myself. And the exchange rate is pretty sweet right now. Hummmm.
 
Razor_imp said:
Had toyed with the thought of adding a windscreen. There were several bikes at the rally with them. The Comet I really caught my eye. Sent an inquiry to Mr. T, and he promptly responded. Placed the order. There's a bit of a lead time, but I'm not in a rush.

Consequence #2. There were two BMW R Nine T's. Not a good thing... haven't ordered one, but can't get it off my mind. I'll probably go to the dealer in Grand Rapids and take one for a spin. Hopefully it'll ride rough, won't handle, make weird noises and come with a flower pot to hand on the handlebars :)
2 Wow,
It will make noises and vibrate a bit until broken in, mine gets smoother by the day.
It's a much different set up from tip to tail.

Chapomis_imp said:
The ferret_imp said:
I saw you eyeing that 9T lol.

I can tell you from rally experience, they are very slow at times and have no sense of direction :rofl:
Did you here that ACK ?
Did you here that ACK ?
Sounds like me but not the bike?
My tires do hold me back on the streets though, but that's a plus out here. I'd want smooth sticky tires for a trip.
They do sound great with the stock exhaust.
 
ACK you weren't there, but our BMW rider was just riding slow and missed a turn off to stay with the group. I later found out he didn't want to make that particular detour and had just headed back to his hotel. Of course I didn't know that and went looking for him, but after riding 12 miles up the Cherohala and passing 2 overlooks he could have pulled over into if he was lost, and not seeing him, gave up and went back to the group.

I wish I'd have talked him into swapping bikes with me for a few miles, so I could see what it was like, but it was new, and he didn't know me, so I never asked.
 
Those Diavel's look great. And that blue and white one definitely has the secksi! Got to have a good long look at it too since the lady owner locked the key in the rear carrier.
 
For a lot of folks, the Moto Guzzi Griso is a better bike than the R9T; certainly one to look at before pulling the trigger on one. :D
 
Was it a week ago already that we were gearing up a bunch of CBs and others to ride the Dragon?

Ferret, have you heard from Tyler?
 
Cormanus I PM'd him right before the rally to see if he was a dad yet, but he never responded. Checking his profile I can see he hasn't logged into the forum since April 14 th.
 
Hope everything's OK.
 
Back
Top