Race Tech Fork Springs

aschem_imp

Been there
Thread starter
Installed them on Friday. As a 225lb rider, I can say that this has been the best $100 spent on my bike. Goes over bumps smoother and less harsh when I hit hit rough spots on the road.
 
aschem_imp said:
Installed them on Friday. As a 225lb rider, I can say that this has been the best $100 spent on my bike. Goes over bumps smoother and less harsh when I hit hit rough spots on the road.
I'm really thinking of doing this mod.

I weigh a little over 200 myself and was wondering which springs did you go with?

The weight/setup calculator on their site isn't working for me.
 
Thread starter
LARIDER_imp said:
aschem_imp said:
Installed them on Friday. As a 225lb rider, I can say that this has been the best $100 spent on my bike. Goes over bumps smoother and less harsh when I hit hit rough spots on the road.
I'm really thinking of doing this mod.

I weigh a little over 200 myself and was wondering which springs did you go with?

The weight/setup calculator on their site isn't working for me.
I'm really thinking of doing this mod.

I weigh a little over 200 myself and was wondering which springs did you go with?

The weight/setup calculator on their site isn't working for me. I went with the stiffest springs (1.0) and no regrets
 
aschem_imp said:
LARIDER_imp said:
aschem_imp said:
Installed them on Friday. As a 225lb rider, I can say that this has been the best $100 spent on my bike. Goes over bumps smoother and less harsh when I hit hit rough spots on the road.
I'm really thinking of doing this mod.

I weigh a little over 200 myself and was wondering which springs did you go with?

The weight/setup calculator on their site isn't working for me.
I'm really thinking of doing this mod.

I weigh a little over 200 myself and was wondering which springs did you go with?

The weight/setup calculator on their site isn't working for me. I went with the stiffest springs (1.0) and no regrets
I'm really thinking of doing this mod.

I weigh a little over 200 myself and was wondering which springs did you go with?

The weight/setup calculator on their site isn't working for me. I went with the stiffest springs (1.0) and no regrets
Thanks for the info.
 
dsan1964_imp said:
I just ordered mine....gaiters next. All in one swap out . 😎


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I received my springs...but they sent me 15 wt. oil wrong wt.and I need gaitors! Kawasaki or triumph ? And where to get them? Thanks
 
LOL yep, expensive little boogers but made from premium rubber. I have had a set on a bike for 13 years now and they are still in good shape. Others who have gone the cheaper, $30 aftermarket route, have had issues with their bellows splitting in as little as 6 months. It's not a difficult job to install them, but I still wouldn't want to be doing it twice a year, when the Kawi ones will last a decade or more. They also FIT snuggly around the lower fork leg without cutting V's in them and then using wire ties to then tighten them up.
 
LOL, the old pay me now or pay me later thing
 
Yep...they are on the way...next weekend springs, gaiter's ...looking forward to it. Thanks guys .


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
 
3e986a96891860147dd0283d0ffd4626.jpg
. Finally did my front springs today and gaitors! Big difference.. Now the rears...and tires.... Wishing everyone a safe 4th.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
 
dsan1964_imp said:
3e986a96891860147dd0283d0ffd4626.jpg
. Finally did my front springs today and gaitors! Big difference.. Now the rears...and tires.... Wishing everyone a safe 4th.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Nice!
I recommend IKON for the rear. (RED springs are faster :cool: )
 
TINK_imp said:
dsan1964_imp said:
3e986a96891860147dd0283d0ffd4626.jpg
. Finally did my front springs today and gaitors! Big difference.. Now the rears...and tires.... Wishing everyone a safe 4th.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Nice!
I recommend IKON for the rear. (RED springs are faster :cool: )
Nice!
I recommend IKON for the rear. (RED springs are faster :cool: )
http://www.photosbytink.com/cb1100forksprings/images/image/31_CB1100ForkSprings_0178_resize.


Think, thanks do you have model #? Got to go black?


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
 
dsan1964_imp said:
TINK_imp said:
dsan1964_imp said:
3e986a96891860147dd0283d0ffd4626.jpg
. Finally did my front springs today and gaitors! Big difference.. Now the rears...and tires.... Wishing everyone a safe 4th.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Nice!
I recommend IKON for the rear. (RED springs are faster :cool: )
Nice!
I recommend IKON for the rear. (RED springs are faster :cool: )
http://www.photosbytink.com/cb1100forksprings/images/image/31_CB1100ForkSprings_0178_resize.


Think, thanks do you have model #? Got to go black?


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
[/QUOTE]
Nice!
I recommend IKON for the rear. (RED springs are faster :cool: )
[img]http://www.photosbytink.com/cb1100forksprings/images/image/31_CB1100ForkSprings_0178_resize.


Think, thanks do you have model #? Got to go black?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
[url=https://www.ikonsuspensionusa.com/shop/7610-1507/]https://www.ikonsuspensionusa.com/shop/7610-1507/[/url]

Even though it says 10-11 for the year, these will fit the 13-14 USA spec CB1100.

Best to call them and discuss exactly what your needs are. IKON can provide any combination of body, spring and cover.
 
Back
Top