Question about 2013 CB1100

nine876_imp said:
Hi Sanjay. I've also been looking for a '13 or '14 and finally found a brand new '13 with ABS a few hundred miles from me. The dealer and I agreed on $6959 after $1000 in Honda Bonus Bucks were applied so I put a deposit down and will be picking the bike up this weekend. There are still some deals out there! Good luck!
Wow, that is a smokin' deal! I paid a LOT more for my ABS back in '13...
 
Lord Popgun_imp said:
Congrats Nine! Those '13s with ABS were scarce!
Just be sure it actually has ABS! When you turn the key, an ABS light should show on the dash. If not, the dealer is mistaken.
 
And if The bike has ABS it will have an abs sensor ring on the front wheel.

The slotted ring on the back wheel is for speedometer reading.

See post #5

How to tell if has ABS
 
Inhouse Bob_imp said:
Lord Popgun_imp said:
Congrats Nine! Those '13s with ABS were scarce!
Just be sure it actually has ABS! When you turn the key, an ABS light should show on the dash. If not, the dealer is mistaken.
Just be sure it actually has ABS! When you turn the key, an ABS light should show on the dash. If not, the dealer is mistaken.
After seeing your thread a few days ago I'll certainly be checking. The VIN lines up with other ABS models in the registry so I'm optimistic.
 
nine876_imp said:
Inhouse Bob_imp said:
Lord Popgun_imp said:
Congrats Nine! Those '13s with ABS were scarce!
Just be sure it actually has ABS! When you turn the key, an ABS light should show on the dash. If not, the dealer is mistaken.
Just be sure it actually has ABS! When you turn the key, an ABS light should show on the dash. If not, the dealer is mistaken.
After seeing your thread a few days ago I'll certainly be checking. The VIN lines up with other ABS models in the registry so I'm optimistic.
Just be sure it actually has ABS! When you turn the key, an ABS light should show on the dash. If not, the dealer is mistaken.
After seeing your thread a few days ago I'll certainly be checking. The VIN lines up with other ABS models in the registry so I'm optimistic.
I expect you'll be fine. I'm just still feeling the sting :dodgy:
 
nine876_imp said:
Inhouse Bob_imp said:
Lord Popgun_imp said:
Congrats Nine! Those '13s with ABS were scarce!
Just be sure it actually has ABS! When you turn the key, an ABS light should show on the dash. If not, the dealer is mistaken.
Just be sure it actually has ABS! When you turn the key, an ABS light should show on the dash. If not, the dealer is mistaken.
After seeing your thread a few days ago I'll certainly be checking. The VIN lines up with other ABS models in the registry so I'm optimistic.
Just be sure it actually has ABS! When you turn the key, an ABS light should show on the dash. If not, the dealer is mistaken.
After seeing your thread a few days ago I'll certainly be checking. The VIN lines up with other ABS models in the registry so I'm optimistic.
Don't just be optimistic, CALL the dealer and ask if there is a slotted ring on the front wheel. The ABS model carried a $1000 premium over the non ABS model. You don't want to over pay.
 
CB360T_imp said:
ClassicVW, is that price range for real? I admit to being unaware of how much bargaining room there may be on a 2013 (i.e. 2 model years old) as compared with the "asking" price. Does the dealer get a rebate from Honda on these older models (separate from the current $1000 Honda Powersports rebate to the customer)? I might think a cold winter area might be more willing to discount this time of year, but as Southern CA is good riding year-round, would dealers there be less inclined to part with the bike for $7K? I'm told to just make an offer, and they can take it or leave it, but I'd prefer to know more about the dealer/manufacturer angle.
Sorry. I was assuming it was a used example. I forget that there are a few new '13s still out there.
 
The ferret_imp said:
nine876_imp said:
Inhouse Bob_imp said:
Lord Popgun_imp said:
Congrats Nine! Those '13s with ABS were scarce!
Just be sure it actually has ABS! When you turn the key, an ABS light should show on the dash. If not, the dealer is mistaken.
Just be sure it actually has ABS! When you turn the key, an ABS light should show on the dash. If not, the dealer is mistaken.
After seeing your thread a few days ago I'll certainly be checking. The VIN lines up with other ABS models in the registry so I'm optimistic.
Just be sure it actually has ABS! When you turn the key, an ABS light should show on the dash. If not, the dealer is mistaken.
After seeing your thread a few days ago I'll certainly be checking. The VIN lines up with other ABS models in the registry so I'm optimistic.
Don't just be optimistic, CALL the dealer and ask if there is a slotted ring on the front wheel. The ABS model carried a $1000 premium over the non ABS model. You don't want to over pay.
Just be sure it actually has ABS! When you turn the key, an ABS light should show on the dash. If not, the dealer is mistaken.
After seeing your thread a few days ago I'll certainly be checking. The VIN lines up with other ABS models in the registry so I'm optimistic.
Don't just be optimistic, CALL the dealer and ask if there is a slotted ring on the front wheel. The ABS model carried a $1000 premium over the non ABS model. You don't want to over pay.
Good advice, ferret. I asked for a photo of the front wheel and it does have the ring. I feel good about this and hope Sanjay is able to find a similar deal. They're out there!

 
yep that's indeed an ABS model. Congrats!
 
Thread starter
Thanks to all the Replies

I have two more questions...hope that's ok....

1. Overall how expensive is the maintenance?

2. Is there any type of seat that deletes the rear fender?....something similar to the BadSeeds Custom CB1100? (If your not sure what that is...Google it....I would love to have that look on the CB)

Jay
 
Sanjay73_imp said:
Thanks to all the Replies

I have two more questions...hope that's ok....

1. Overall how expensive is the maintenance?

2. Is there any type of seat that deletes the rear fender?....something similar to the BadSeeds Custom CB1100? (If your not sure what that is...Google it....I would love to have that look on the CB)

Jay
Maintenance is as good as any other bike as this is a reliable and well designed motorcycle. I do all my own maintenance so in my case...cheap!

Fender eliminator: http://www.samurider.com/?p=23031
 
The most expensive thing will most likely be adjusting the valves if you can't remove and replace the cams yourself. Checking them is easy enough though.
 
Back
Top