Qatar Sunday and Rossi news

the Ferret

Road warrior
Thread starter
First off, the first MotoGP of the 2018 season is Sunday at Qatar. You can see it on CH 620 BEin Sports on Direct TV. This year should be the most competitive in history with at least 10 riders capable of winning races. I can't wait.

Secondly, it was just announced Valentino Rossi has signed on for 2 more years with Yamaha.
 
Having no USA racers in such an international sport as MOTOGP is like watching the Olympics w/o any USA athletes competing. It’s a shame but motorcycle racing has zero $ support here or fans interested in going to the few tracks remaining. Europe it’s as strong as ever.
 
Stoked about the upcoming MotoGP season. I understand your point 736cc but it's hard for me to care about the lack of USA riders when my garage doesn't contain an American motorcycle. I root for Marquez/Pedrosa because of the Honda connection and they present themselves well. I applaud their efforts to include the fan base outside of Spain which treats them like royalty. Looking forward to our 2nd Austin race next month.
 
So excited for the new MotoGP season. I hope Marc and Dani start well. I think except the Ducati duo , the most dangerous opponent will be Zarco.
 
The American GP racers from the past (and there are many) are much better known in Europe than in the USA.
I have been following GP races from the mid sixties and have met Jim Redman a few times , had him sign his biography for me.
 
You're right Houtman , all those American racers are legends here in Europe. After Niki , we expected more from Ben but he was a little unlucky.
 
736 cc do yourself a favor and go to a race.motoamerica at Road Atlanta ,Cota , or Barber in Birmingham. I think you might come away with a better appreciation of American brand of racing. These young racers have ice water running thru their veins. Wayne Rainey is striving to bring young American racers to the world stage, I.E. Motogp and SBK?
 
736cc_imp said:
Having no USA racers in such an international sport as MOTOGP is like watching the Olympics w/o any USA athletes competing. It’s a shame but motorcycle racing has zero $ support here or fans interested in going to the few tracks remaining. Europe it’s as strong as ever.
Here's your chance : Watch and Support MotoAmerica !! :banana:

There will be good fights this year :

Home
 
Fathers Day 1981. Bryars Motorsport Park Loudon, NH. Camel Pro Superbike Main Event. Pouring rain cats and dogs, a total monsoon. Freddie Spencer laps the entire field on his silver #8 Honda Supersport. Freddie crashes, re-mounts and rejoins the race in dead-last place. Laps the entire field AGAIN, except for one racer, the winner Eddie Lawson on his green #21 Kawasaki S1.
Every year my girlfriend (now my wife) and I rode to motorcycle week and went to the races, rode waay too fast in the White Mountains, partied at Weirs Beach, ate like kings, hung out and rode hundreds of miles w/ the bros on the newest and fastest rice-burners made, and did this 10 years in a row.
Those were the days.
 
We had many CBX Club rallies in the North East.
One year we where in Vermont on I 91 : sixteen CBX's , two side by side doing just over 100 miles an hour for about 10 miles , the sound was incredible and no police and very little traffic.
"Those were the days my friend , I wish they never end "
 
Back
Top