glenridgerich_imp
Running like a top
Thread starter
I got my oil changed at 4000 miles and the putz put in 10 W 40 should I switch it back to 10 W 30?
Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
I wouldn't worry about it. I run 5W-40 Rotella in mine and the Honda shop manual says it's OK to use 10W-40.glenridgerich_imp said:I got my oil changed at 4000 miles and the putz put in 10 W 40 should I switch it back to 10 W 30?
Sorry to sound like a girl but what's a wet clutch?Randy B_imp said:So long as it's designed for use with a wet clutch, you're fine. If not...change the oil and filter asap.
I wouldn't worry about it. I run 5W-40 Rotella in mine and the Honda shop manual says it's OK to use 10W-40.redbirds_imp said:I wouldn't worry about it. I run 5W-40 Rotella in mine and the Honda shop manual says it's OK to use 10W-40.glenridgerich_imp said:I got my oil changed at 4000 miles and the putz put in 10 W 40 should I switch it back to 10 W 30?
A wet clutch is one that is bathed in oil. Your clutch and transmission share oil with the engine and thus the clutch is what is called wet. A dry clutch is just that....dry. It is not bathed in oil.glenridgerich_imp said:Sorry to sound like a girl but what's a wet clutch?Randy B_imp said:So long as it's designed for use with a wet clutch, you're fine. If not...change the oil and filter asap.
I wouldn't worry about it. I run 5W-40 Rotella in mine and the Honda shop manual says it's OK to use 10W-40.redbirds_imp said:I wouldn't worry about it. I run 5W-40 Rotella in mine and the Honda shop manual says it's OK to use 10W-40.glenridgerich_imp said:I got my oil changed at 4000 miles and the putz put in 10 W 40 should I switch it back to 10 W 30?
Phew!!