Pullback risers

el duque_imp

Running like a top
Thread starter
I don't mind the bars the way they are. The position seems to work with the little fairing. But it would be a bit more comfortable if they were up and back a little. My only concern is I'll be more upright and maybe a bit more of a target for the wind.

Any suggestions?
 
I put 2 inch Roxx risers on mine with a taller K&H seat so I’m pretty upright and did not notice any increase in wind drag.
 
$16 off Ebay did the same thing as the Roxx. the bottom part was a tad loose. final solution was wrapped once around the middle with safety wire to fill the gap and bolted down. solid as a rock now and you can't tell looking at it.
 
After another forum member suggested them, I bought a pair of GenMar risers. They raise the bars up 1" and back 1 3/8 inches. Unfortunately I will have to wait until May to try them.
 
jimgl3_imp said:
$16 off Ebay did the same thing as the Roxx. the bottom part was a tad loose. final solution was wrapped once around the middle with safety wire to fill the gap and bolted down. solid as a rock now and you can't tell looking at it.
Can you link to that or similar item?
 
Thank you. They are definitely pullback kind, not just straight up risers?

Also, does anyone ever tried using a rubber gasket to decrease vibration? Touring bikes do that upgrade often.
 
yes, they swivel any way you want them. I tried rubber for the slight mis-fit that I described and it worked ok. it did dampen vibration like you suggest, but I just couldn't get used to the lack of a really solid feel to the bars. that's why I finally went with the safety wire.
 
You guys are costing me money! The thought that I needed pull back risers never crossed my mind until after I read these posts and started thinking about it and checking it out. LOL I think they will help me, I ordered some SW-Motech this morning. Thanks. I think.
 
Just a nit-pik-

Risers, well rise- and move back. They do not change the pull back which is the angle of the bars themselves towards the rider.

I'm fairly sure what a lot of you probably would want is indeed more pull pack which involves switching bars like I did.

Reference- Not so comfortable after few hours
 
I got the Motech risers installed today, they are great ! So thanks for the info posted here by everyone, I did have to play with a few cables and the brake line, but not much. A more comfy riding position for me. I also realized how badly my shift lever was adjusted, so after adjusting that and installing the pull back risers, a great bike is a little better. I do feel like a bone head for not adjusting that shifter a lot sooner.
 
jimgl3_imp said:
$16 off Ebay did the same thing as the Roxx. the bottom part was a tad loose. final solution was wrapped once around the middle with safety wire to fill the gap and bolted down. solid as a rock now and you can't tell looking at it.
Tell me about “safety” wire. I’ve got the same problem. Is there something I might have around the house that I could use?
 
warman_imp said:
jimgl3_imp said:
$16 off Ebay did the same thing as the Roxx. the bottom part was a tad loose. final solution was wrapped once around the middle with safety wire to fill the gap and bolted down. solid as a rock now and you can't tell looking at it.
Tell me about “safety” wire. I’ve got the same problem. Is there something I might have around the house that I could use?
Tell me about “safety” wire. I’ve got the same problem. Is there something I might have around the house that I could use?
Never mind,

Found some small wire and wrapped it a couple of times. Snugged it like I needed. Would have been nice if the risers came with a snubby Allen wrench. Cause it sure needed it.

Now my bike fits me again.
 
Back
Top