Puig Dark Smoke Naked on '14 std

On the basis of what was said here, and on looks only, I ordered one from Amazon and it's in the mail.
I'll let you know how I like it or not.
I figured for the reasonable cost I would try it. If it fails to please I can get a National Cycle shield from a Canadian supplier and experiment with that.
 
Thread starter
Absolutely Rock- that was my thought too.

The Harley guys were all around my CB at work today- one in particular with a Night Rod liked the Puig on there. They all loved the bike. I can't believe the looks this Honda is getting.
..incidentally I tried to tuck the brackets behind the bucket supports again with no success. Way too tight. Like trying to wear swim trunks meant for a 8 year old. I will make new brackets. It appears the '14 gauges are bigger than the previous years. Can anybody verify this?
 
MFG USA - did you try disconnecting the mounting brackets from the shield and flipping them over so the bend in the brackets is towards the headlight?

I mounted mine this way and they fit inside the headlight brackets just fine.

Mine is a 2013 and I have read the 2014 headlight is a bit higher, so I cannot be sure it will work for you.
 
Thread starter
Yeah, I tried every possible way with the brackets. I like how quick I can remove it in its current configuration. It only took a moment and I was off and riding.

I did mount the brackets inside- and it looks nice, but I used stainless spacers to ease the pressure on the gauge cluster. I try that for awhile.
 
If you mount it on the inside of the headlight bracket, you do run the risk of the upper front bolt scraping the outside of headlight housing.
 
Thread starter
EmptySea_imp said:
If you mount it on the inside of the headlight bracket, you do run the risk of the upper front bolt scraping the outside of headlight housing.
I looked in there- there is plenty of room between the screw and bezel.

offroadfx4 it is not a perfect fit as I am sure the gauges on the '14 occupy more space than on the '13.

I did take a string and wrap it around the assembly and measured it. 27 3/8". If anyone here could do the same with their '13, then we would know for certain.
 
It may be different on the DLX (I think the headlight mount is different), but I'm here to tell you that it can, and did, scratch the bezel on at least one 2013 bike.
 
The scratch is mine. Just want ppl to know that they may want to consider filing the end of the screw or covering it, if it looks like it will contact the housing.
 
0fa6992558bab6e3fd098c52bb4b3605.jpg
434874614766ff27fac9c32a85c0614e.jpg
4dead28da827b95baccaac4374976b3a.jpg
d65fe20d7079896709074e19ba785543.jpg


I installed the black Puig on my 13cb. Very easy, quick installation. It takes just enough wind off my chest while still preserving the naked feel. Thx to all for their experience with the Puig to help me make my decision.

I'd never been on a bike before March, when I took a riding class just to see if I might like it. The perma-grin told me yes! I test rode many, many bikes. When I got on the CB1100, the bike chose me. I didn't want to buy new and found a 13 with 900 miles on it. I LOVE this bike!


2013 CB1100: My first ride!
 
Thread starter
Awesome first bike creatinetenor and the Puig really sets it off. Nice choice on both counts and welcome to CB1100.com
 
I got it...only one problem:

Looks good, but it actually sticks out past the headlamp about an 1 inch. I like the "hooded" look, but the headlamp beam hits the inside of the shield and create an annoying glare back at the driver. I'm thinking about riveting a piece of black inner tube to it so it will block this light.

offroadfx4_imp said:
Thanks for the post! I just order one from Amazon too!
Amazon.com
Wasn't listed for my 2014 Std, ordered for 2013, hope it fits!
 
Back
Top