Public Service Announcement - Speed Sensor Clip

Gone in 60

Road warrior
Thread starter
Hi all,

I was giving my CB a wipe-down last night, and when I got to the swing arm area, I noticed that the small speed sensor wire was loose from the brake hose. Turns out that the little black clip that holds the wire and clamps it to the brake hose was loose. When I tried to reattach it to the brake hose, it broke into two pieces. 

Not a huge deal, but I didn't want the wire to be loose. I zip-tied it to the brake hose and searched for the part number for the clip.

It's HONDA PIPE CLAMP 11152-KS4-003 (R2244)

Ordered two from Ebay to have a spare once I replace the broken one. 

Check your speed sensor wire, folks!
 
Gone in 60 said:
Hi all,

I was giving my CB a wipe-down last night, and when I got to the swing arm area, I noticed that the small speed sensor wire was loose from the brake hose. Turns out that the little black clip that holds the wire and clamps it to the brake hose was loose. When I tried to reattach it to the brake hose, it broke into two pieces. 

Not a huge deal, but I didn't want the wire to be loose. I zip-tied it to the brake hose and searched for the part number for the clip.

It's HONDA PIPE CLAMP 11152-KS4-003 (R2244)

Ordered two from Ebay to have a spare once I replace the broken one. 

Check your speed sensor wire, folks!

Made me go out in the garage and check mine.  All good!

But, that looks like a thing to have a spare for.  Thanks for the heads up!
 
Dave, there is a plastic clip too closer to where the brake line connects to the caliper.
 
Lord Popgun said:
Dave, there is a plastic clip too closer to where the brake line connects to the caliper.

Thanks Lord, found it. My sensor wire was actually detached from this clip, and I reattached it! Clip looks good!
 
Thread starter
Got my replacement clips, reattached my speed sensor wire, stored the spare in my box labelled "Honda Parts" if ever needed. All is good, the balance has been restored.
 
Thread starter
peterbaron said:
Was the RLET imbalanced due to this clip? :)

No, thankfully. I believe the RLET Balance actually held the clip together.
The clip was clearly weakened but was still holding together until I broke the clip while wiping down the swingarm in the area of the hoses. 
Hoping to avoid possible disruption in The Force, while I did temporarily attach the speedo cable with a zip tie, I avoided riding the bike until the clip was received and replaced.
 
Back
Top