Problem with my new cafe seat.

uscgmac_imp

Been there
Thread starter
I ordered a new chic design cafe type seat from webike and a chic design short fender to go with it. I was given free shipping because I spend over a certain amount and was very happy about it. I received my package in a very timely manner and was very happy about that. Then the problem occurred. I unboxed my new toys to find out that they packaged the two together in the same box and really stuffed the fender down to make it fit into one box. Upon unboxing them I noticed that the two pointed edges on the fender poked through the packing material and into the seat which made two very large deep markets on the seat cover where you sit. Thank god it didn't puncture the cover. The left side mark went away in about a day but three days later the mark on the left side was not going away. I was po'd. I contacted the company and they appoligized but then stated asking me if it was the shipping companies fault and went in and on with emails asking me to photo document exactly how every bit and piece was packed and did I undo everything and to put it all together to see how tpwhat was touching what and so on and so on. Now I'm saying to myself since this a me from japan how much of a pia this is going to be to send it back, will they cover all the shipping costs and how long that will take. I don't want to be without the seat for a month or two and will they try to denie the fact that they did a very poor job of packing the items. My head was spinning. So I decided to take a crap shoot and try something to fix the problem of this now permenant indentation in my seat which sticks out like a sore thumb. I took my wife's hair dryer and went to the garage and heated up the material for a good five to ten minutes and gently worked the material with my fingers and like magic the material rebounded back to its original form without a single mark and looks brand new again. I waited and came back to look again to make sure my eyes weren't playing a trick on me and it is perfect, like nothing ever happened. I am amazed, relieved and very happy once again.
 
Glad it ended up working out for you and sorry you had to go through that. !! THey should have taken more care in the packaging or your purchases.

Time to post some pictures !!
 
Thread starter
uscgmac_imp said:
I ordered a new chic design cafe type seat from webike and a chic design short fender to go with it. I was given free shipping because I spend over a certain amount and was very happy about it. I received my package in a very timely manner and was very happy about that. Then the problem occurred. I unboxed my new toys to find out that they packaged the two together in the same box and really stuffed the fender down to make it fit into one box. Upon unboxing them I noticed that the two pointed edges on the fender poked through the packing material and into the seat which made two very large deep markets on the seat cover where you sit. Thank god it didn't puncture the cover. The left side mark went away in about a day but three days later the mark on the left side was not going away. I was po'd. I contacted the company and they appoligized but then stated asking me if it was the shipping companies fault and went in and on with emails asking me to photo document exactly how every bit and piece was packed and did I undo everything and to put it all together to see how tpwhat was touching what and so on and so on. Now I'm saying to myself since this a me from japan how much of a pia this is going to be to send it back, will they cover all the shipping costs and how long that will take. I don't want to be without the seat for a month or two and will they try to denie the fact that they did a very poor job of packing the items. My head was spinning. So I decided to take a crap shoot and try something to fix the problem of this now permenant indentation in my seat which sticks out like a sore thumb. I took my wife's hair dryer and went to the garage and heated up the material for a good five to ten minutes and gently worked the material with my fingers and like magic the material rebounded back to its original form without a single mark and looks brand new again. I waited and came back to look again to make sure my eyes weren't playing a trick on me and it is perfect, like nothing ever happened. I am amazed, relieved and very happy once again.
I hate spell check, meant mark not market and the deep mark was on the right side. Trying to type on my tablet makes it look like I was drinking while typing this, lol. Maybe I should proof read before submitting:excited:
 
:D as I was reading your message I was thinking "get out the hair dryer and the material should bounce back" - and then I saw that you did :thumbsup:
Glad it turned out well for you :clap:
 
Was thinking the same thing Rocky.
 
when you go to your photobucket acct.
Click on the pic you want to post in a thread
it will get bigger and there will be three share links to the right of the pic
the one that says IMG (third one down) click on that and it should yellow and say copied (see the little finger pointing in my example?)
go the the thread and paste that addy into the thread and the pic will show up



[url=http://smg.photobucket.com/user/theferret111/media/image.jpg1_zpsxpynrctm.jpg.html]
 
I'm glad it worked out. I couldn't open your pictures, so please try again.

Not to slight your buying choice, but Mr. T (Samurider.com) would pack them right. Might pay a few extra bucks for shipping but the items would arrive safely as just as fast or faster.
 
CB4ME_imp said:
I'm glad it worked out. I couldn't open your pictures, so please try again.

Not to slight your buying choice, but Mr. T (Samurider.com) would pack them right. Might pay a few extra bucks for shipping but the items would arrive safely as just as fast or faster.
John, I was going to say the same thing. I'm seldom as impressed with a vendor as I have been with Mr. T.
A-1 service all around. I can't imagine using a different company for a Japanese purchase. :thumbsup:
 
Speaking of new café seats. Got mine from Lolo today. He was selling it on this forum. Spotless and exceptionally well crafted. Shipped wrapped like a tank in bubble wrap with heavy duty shipping tape. Thanks Lolo! Nicely done. Not a scratch on it. :thumbsup: The seat really appears "as factory new". Brown was darker than I expected (which is a good thing!!!). Will be my "around town seat". One thing I'm thinking is that with the brown seat, red tank and silver side covers there's just too much going on aesthetically. I'll either paint the side covers (professionally) or get the red ones.

b55763e9c5ecb15743cb6df603d1cc32.png


Another pic: Smudge on seat hump is a picture artifact. seat is spotless. Love this profile

0cb11202f5b8d23996a81345ea05ddfd.png
 
Thread starter
Wow, I like that seat. It would look great with the colors reversed as well. Black on the outer part and brown on the seating portion. That would look awesome on my black bike. Pm me if you ever want to pass it on, lol. Probably cheaper to just buy the red side covers and you'll know it factory specs.
Thanks guys for the support. My Ocd got the best of me but I'm so happy its all perfect now. I will use the posting instructions when I get back home and try again posting pics. As far as samurider goes, they were much more expensive than webike. Webike did a good job packing, it must have been one of those freak accidents which only happens to me.
 
Great looking seat Frulk. You got lucky finding a perfect used one. And I agree side covers need to be red. Too many colors in too many places.
 
If you wanted to change the color of the seat, it's probably easier than most think.

The vinyl/leather spray / dye you get actually penetrates the material and doesn't tend to crack, peel or rub off like paint would.

If you wanted it black....you could probably use cans right off the shelf.

I sprayed an auto dash black that lasted over 20 years before I sold the vehicle.
 
" posted my first pic and it worked.". Good now we will expect them on a regular basis including ride reports!

Nice seat!
 
Back
Top