Nov 21, 2014 #21 P PowderToastMan_imp Been there Looks like a lot of fun! I saw the posting for that, wish I could have gone, but I just didn't have the free time. Maybe next time!
Looks like a lot of fun! I saw the posting for that, wish I could have gone, but I just didn't have the free time. Maybe next time!
Nov 21, 2014 #22 T Tortuga_imp Been there The ferret_imp said: I trust you showed those sport bike wienies the fast line around the track? Click to expand... hehe
The ferret_imp said: I trust you showed those sport bike wienies the fast line around the track? Click to expand... hehe
Nov 22, 2014 #23 Django Road warrior @Rolls: Looks as we are at the same age. The track was Anneau du Rhin. The day was organized by Cornu Master School. Jaques Cornu was a motorcycle racer, who now runs a motorcycle school. This day was free training, that means, everybody is on his one. We were a group of about 12 friends, all with our 15-30 years old BMW K modell. Overall there were about 100 participants, parted into 3 groups: beginners, medium, racer. With our bikes, we were in the beginners group. The racers were those with these S1000RR, Aprilia, Ducati, Fireblade, R1 etc..., having mounted special race track tires, different world... For us the normal street tires did a very good job. The pavement at the track is very aggressiv. For a normal bike with about 100 hp, you don't need track tires at all. I used Bridgestone BT 23 and T30 the other year. We started at 9 am and finished 5 pm. Every group did 20 minutes of an hour, then 40 minutes rest, time for the other groups, to go on track. Believe me, 20 minutes is far enough, to get you totally exhausted at the track. The nice thing at the track is, it's about 5 km distance. So you do repeats and can really concentrate on a specific curve, line or breaking maneuver and work at your abilities. After my BMW's engine broke this year recently and I bought the CB, I am thinking about, to take the CB to the track this summer. Brakes and chassis of the Honda are definitely better. Top speed is less, but that is not the point. It sure will be fun and if I do it, I'll send pics.
@Rolls: Looks as we are at the same age. The track was Anneau du Rhin. The day was organized by Cornu Master School. Jaques Cornu was a motorcycle racer, who now runs a motorcycle school. This day was free training, that means, everybody is on his one. We were a group of about 12 friends, all with our 15-30 years old BMW K modell. Overall there were about 100 participants, parted into 3 groups: beginners, medium, racer. With our bikes, we were in the beginners group. The racers were those with these S1000RR, Aprilia, Ducati, Fireblade, R1 etc..., having mounted special race track tires, different world... For us the normal street tires did a very good job. The pavement at the track is very aggressiv. For a normal bike with about 100 hp, you don't need track tires at all. I used Bridgestone BT 23 and T30 the other year. We started at 9 am and finished 5 pm. Every group did 20 minutes of an hour, then 40 minutes rest, time for the other groups, to go on track. Believe me, 20 minutes is far enough, to get you totally exhausted at the track. The nice thing at the track is, it's about 5 km distance. So you do repeats and can really concentrate on a specific curve, line or breaking maneuver and work at your abilities. After my BMW's engine broke this year recently and I bought the CB, I am thinking about, to take the CB to the track this summer. Brakes and chassis of the Honda are definitely better. Top speed is less, but that is not the point. It sure will be fun and if I do it, I'll send pics.
Nov 22, 2014 #24 G Guth_imp Road warrior That last photo in the parking lot just before sunset really does a great job of capturing the moment and portraying a slice of life that was surely enjoyable.
That last photo in the parking lot just before sunset really does a great job of capturing the moment and portraying a slice of life that was surely enjoyable.