Price You Paid for Your CB

Honda"Mikey"_imp

First service completed
Thread starter
I was just wondering, if anyone doesn't mind, if you'd like to share how much you paid for your CB, and if you know how well they've sold in your area. When they first arrived here in the Kansas City area back around April they were listed at $9999 for the standard model. (I don't know of any dealer ever having an ABS model). Some were purchased before they even got out of the crate. Now the dealers all seem to have at least one on the floor. The dealer I got mine from had it marked down to $8995 but by they time they added freight, dealer prep, and doc fees it came to $9660. Makes me wonder if they added all that to try and get as close to $9999 as they could for it. I don't remember new bikes I bought in the past having anything added on except the doc fee. I always thought the freight and prep was already included in the price, unlike with buying a car. I pulled out the papers on my 2007 Kawasaki KLR 650 and it was only $4770 plus $100 doc fee. List was $5199. I bought my '98 Valkyrie new from the same dealer I bought my CB from and it listed at $12,799 but I got it for $12,399 plus a $75 doc fee. Did I get screwed or are freight and prep separate fees these days?
 
Freight and setup are usually separate charges. However, the dealer is free to charge or not charge for either, likewise to sell at list, below list, or even above list. Harley dealers had buyers standing in line to pay 30% over MSRP for years until the fad finally wore off.

My advice is to not think of your bike purchase the same way you'd think about buying a Toyota. Its a toy, not transportation. Shop around, get your best deal, then forget about it and enjoy the ride.
 
There were a couple long threads on this........you'll find difference in areas of country that have high/low wages, also some guys idea of OTD is different than others.
 
I just made a deal to pick up my CB100 ABS model for$11,000 OTD in Phoenix AZ. I'll post my bill of sale once I pick it up.

In a AZ that includes sale tax of about 7.8% title, and registration (which includes the personal property tax for the year.)


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
$9850 OTD in NJ, with a very nice trade- in on my Griso Tenni, so I ended up with little out of pocket.
 
$11000 out the door. Me thinks I paid 2 much. But I love this bike and don't care if I overpaid. Its only money.

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk
 
I would have to go dig out the paperwork, but I paid tax, title, tags and doc fee. But before all that I paid the sticker price, $9,999 non-abs here in North Carolina.
Its a smaller dealer, but he has great service and he is only 20 min away. Knows me by name and everyone always jumps to help you.
 
Gingersdaddy_imp said:
I would have to go dig out the paperwork, but I paid tax, title, tags and doc fee. But before all that I paid the sticker price, $9,999 non-abs here in North Carolina.
Its a smaller dealer, but he has great service and he is only 20 min away. Knows me by name and everyone always jumps to help you.
That is worth a lot imo.
 
Just a comment about the shipping fee - I work at a store that sells Honda and Yamaha and I know the shipping fee is ligament. Honda charges us $340 shipping to get the bike to the store. We charge $148 to assemble the bike. We choose to add on this expense to the cost of the bike (I paid it as a shop employee) while other dealers may or may not.

This is unlike the car industry as the shipping is a normalized cost nation wide that is included on the window sticker. Frankly I wish the motorcycle industry would do that, it sucks to have to tell a prospective buyer that the MSRP of $9999 for a CB11 is actually not the price, but instead it is $500 for shipping and set up.

It sounds like people got some really good deals on the bike. I know what the dealer cost is (at least for us being a small dealer and not a Honda superstore or whatever the big Honda exclusive stores are called) and many of you paid less than I did for store cost plus $100 and shipping and set up.

Having said all of that, I would have paid full price for my bike, I absolutely love it and don't regret getting it for a minute.
 
Back
Top