Previous Bikes

Sam Mac_imp

Running like a top
Thread starter
Just thought I'd show how I finally got to the CB1100. Since 2010 I've owned a Harley Night Rod Special, a BMW S1000RR, a Harley Road Glide Ultra and a Can Am RT limited. I'm not the sharpest tool in the shed and it took me a while for reality to set in that I'm Old and Slow and it was time to buy something that actually fit my riding style. No more Bad A$$, no more stupid fast, no more Ultra heavy and the snow mobile on wheels is just that a snow mobile on wheels. Light and nimble and simple works for me, Happy, Happy, Happy on my CB.
 
LOL there's about $ 90 grand worth of toys eh?

yea could have saved a lot of money buying the CB first.
 
Thread starter
The ferret_imp said:
LOL there's about $ 90 grand worth of toys eh?

yea could have saved a lot of money buying the CB first.
Luckily I bought the S1000RR and the Can't Aim used so I didn't get killed on them but I took a bath on the 2 Hardly Able's. Time to just stop and enjoy the ride on the CB. You meet the nicest people on a Honda. Sort of feel like the old days on my CL77. Dang I miss that bike.
 
Good lord that is a lot of trial and error. I guess the road traveled is part of the adventure.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
 
Thread starter
Elipten_imp said:
Good lord that is a lot of trial and error. I guess the road traveled is part of the adventure.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Expensive test rides. The S1000RR was an absolute riot but it wasn't happy at anything less than double the posted speed limit. 95 on the BRP is instant go to jail. I'm out taking a nice ride on the BRP one day only doing 95 and here comes the park ranger going the other way in his Chebby Tahoe, I look in the mirror as we pasted and see his brake lights come on and he starts to make a U-turn, I'm about 1 mile from the exit to my place, well he's in a Tahoe and I'm on the worlds fastest liter bike, I gotta go, grab a handful. Get it home, the next day it was on C-list and I sold it. Reality check, I'm gonna get killed on this thing or be in jail. LMAO.
 
You fit it well on this forum! Lots of us have a similar history with owning a wide variety of bikes before finding the CB1100 to be perfect for our current riding styles. Unfortunately the Honda still has enough in power and handling to still get you in trouble, so have fun! :biker:
 
There will likely be more. I've just about lost count how many I've had. I still have two other bikes (2016 KTM690R and 2014 KTM350EXC-F) but I sold my 2014 KTM1190A and picked this used 2013 Honda CB1100ABS with low miles for 5k. I don't think I've given much up in terms up speed although I have to remember this bike does not have a slipper clutch unlike my KTM1190 and other Yamaha sport bikes. My first love is off road adventures on gnarly trails but this CB is the perfect fit for around town commuting. More comfy seat and riding position for me than the KTM1190s and other sport bikes.
 
Sam Mac, I too enjoy my 2013 Cb1100. It's all about the ride and not necessarily the destination these days. I also ride an original Cl77. Yes, it's in running condition and puts a smile on my face. Both motors with great engineering! Enjoy yours, Russ
 
Glad you settled down like myself and we live to tell about it.
my last bikes were Hayabusa's and a BMW R1200R.

you made a good choice
 
Sam Mac_imp said:
The ferret_imp said:
LOL there's about $ 90 grand worth of toys eh?

yea could have saved a lot of money buying the CB first.
Luckily I bought the S1000RR and the Can't Aim used so I didn't get killed on them but I took a bath on the 2 Hardly Able's. Time to just stop and enjoy the ride on the CB. You meet the nicest people on a Honda. Sort of feel like the old days on my CL77. Dang I miss that bike.
Luckily I bought the S1000RR and the Can't Aim used so I didn't get killed on them but I took a bath on the 2 Hardly Able's. Time to just stop and enjoy the ride on the CB. You meet the nicest people on a Honda. Sort of feel like the old days on my CL77. Dang I miss that bike. To me that is what it is all about. Try everything. I've had every kind of bike there is except a trials bike and full-boat tourer. Lots of dirtbikes, dual-sports, a couple Harleys, a few KLRs, XL's, a CR250R (two-smoke), some BMW's, a whole bunch of Japanese sportbikes and sport-tourers, I can't even remember 'em all.

Life is nothing but one big test drive and whatever you can afford, ride it, drive it, use it. Pack all kinds of experiences into it. It don't have nothing to do with money nor good grammer. Money can be made, grammar can be learned, and fun can be had with the right attitude.
 
Thread starter
Ulvetanna_imp said:
Sam Mac_imp said:
The ferret_imp said:
LOL there's about $ 90 grand worth of toys eh?

yea could have saved a lot of money buying the CB first.
Luckily I bought the S1000RR and the Can't Aim used so I didn't get killed on them but I took a bath on the 2 Hardly Able's. Time to just stop and enjoy the ride on the CB. You meet the nicest people on a Honda. Sort of feel like the old days on my CL77. Dang I miss that bike.
Luckily I bought the S1000RR and the Can't Aim used so I didn't get killed on them but I took a bath on the 2 Hardly Able's. Time to just stop and enjoy the ride on the CB. You meet the nicest people on a Honda. Sort of feel like the old days on my CL77. Dang I miss that bike. To me that is what it is all about. Try everything. I've had every kind of bike there is except a trials bike and full-boat tourer. Lots of dirtbikes, dual-sports, a couple Harleys, a few KLRs, XL's, a CR250R (two-smoke), some BMW's, a whole bunch of Japanese sportbikes and sport-tourers, I can't even remember 'em all.

Life is nothing but one big test drive and whatever you can afford, ride it, drive it, use it. Pack all kinds of experiences into it. It don't have nothing to do with money nor good grammer. Money can be made, grammar can be learned, and fun can be had with the right attitude.
Luckily I bought the S1000RR and the Can't Aim used so I didn't get killed on them but I took a bath on the 2 Hardly Able's. Time to just stop and enjoy the ride on the CB. You meet the nicest people on a Honda. Sort of feel like the old days on my CL77. Dang I miss that bike. To me that is what it is all about. Try everything. I've had every kind of bike there is except a trials bike and full-boat tourer. Lots of dirtbikes, dual-sports, a couple Harleys, a few KLRs, XL's, a CR250R (two-smoke), some BMW's, a whole bunch of Japanese sportbikes and sport-tourers, I can't even remember 'em all.

Life is nothing but one big test drive and whatever you can afford, ride it, drive it, use it. Pack all kinds of experiences into it. It don't have nothing to do with money nor good grammer. Money can be made, grammar can be learned, and fun can be had with the right attitude.
Here are a few more of the bikes I had back in the Day. Pics are from the net. Honda 90 got it for free because it was seized, Honda CL77, Bultaco, 250 Alpina, Rokon 340 RT2, Honda XR500R and a Honda XR200R. Then I got out of riding till 2010.
 
Sam Mac_imp said:
Ulvetanna_imp said:
Sam Mac_imp said:
The ferret_imp said:
LOL there's about $ 90 grand worth of toys eh?

yea could have saved a lot of money buying the CB first.
Luckily I bought the S1000RR and the Can't Aim used so I didn't get killed on them but I took a bath on the 2 Hardly Able's. Time to just stop and enjoy the ride on the CB. You meet the nicest people on a Honda. Sort of feel like the old days on my CL77. Dang I miss that bike.
Luckily I bought the S1000RR and the Can't Aim used so I didn't get killed on them but I took a bath on the 2 Hardly Able's. Time to just stop and enjoy the ride on the CB. You meet the nicest people on a Honda. Sort of feel like the old days on my CL77. Dang I miss that bike. To me that is what it is all about. Try everything. I've had every kind of bike there is except a trials bike and full-boat tourer. Lots of dirtbikes, dual-sports, a couple Harleys, a few KLRs, XL's, a CR250R (two-smoke), some BMW's, a whole bunch of Japanese sportbikes and sport-tourers, I can't even remember 'em all.

Life is nothing but one big test drive and whatever you can afford, ride it, drive it, use it. Pack all kinds of experiences into it. It don't have nothing to do with money nor good grammer. Money can be made, grammar can be learned, and fun can be had with the right attitude.
Luckily I bought the S1000RR and the Can't Aim used so I didn't get killed on them but I took a bath on the 2 Hardly Able's. Time to just stop and enjoy the ride on the CB. You meet the nicest people on a Honda. Sort of feel like the old days on my CL77. Dang I miss that bike. To me that is what it is all about. Try everything. I've had every kind of bike there is except a trials bike and full-boat tourer. Lots of dirtbikes, dual-sports, a couple Harleys, a few KLRs, XL's, a CR250R (two-smoke), some BMW's, a whole bunch of Japanese sportbikes and sport-tourers, I can't even remember 'em all.

Life is nothing but one big test drive and whatever you can afford, ride it, drive it, use it. Pack all kinds of experiences into it. It don't have nothing to do with money nor good grammer. Money can be made, grammar can be learned, and fun can be had with the right attitude.
Here are a few more of the bikes I had back in the Day. Pics are from the net. Honda 90 got it for free because it was seized, Honda CL77, Bultaco, 250 Alpina, Rokon 340 RT2, Honda XR500R and a Honda XR200R. Then I got out of riding till 2010.
Luckily I bought the S1000RR and the Can't Aim used so I didn't get killed on them but I took a bath on the 2 Hardly Able's. Time to just stop and enjoy the ride on the CB. You meet the nicest people on a Honda. Sort of feel like the old days on my CL77. Dang I miss that bike. To me that is what it is all about. Try everything. I've had every kind of bike there is except a trials bike and full-boat tourer. Lots of dirtbikes, dual-sports, a couple Harleys, a few KLRs, XL's, a CR250R (two-smoke), some BMW's, a whole bunch of Japanese sportbikes and sport-tourers, I can't even remember 'em all.

Life is nothing but one big test drive and whatever you can afford, ride it, drive it, use it. Pack all kinds of experiences into it. It don't have nothing to do with money nor good grammer. Money can be made, grammar can be learned, and fun can be had with the right attitude.
Here are a few more of the bikes I had back in the Day. Pics are from the net. Honda 90 got it for free because it was seized, Honda CL77, Bultaco, 250 Alpina, Rokon 340 RT2, Honda XR500R and a Honda XR200R. Then I got out of riding till 2010. Nice, it's all about the memories. Some guys have bikes to share experiences, others as a way to get away from it all. Me, I was mostly one of the guys who used the bike to get out onto the Continental Divide or Ebbets Pass and wonder what it was all about. I still wonder.
 
A few more that are gone , some i miss and some i am glad they are gone.
My last Goldwing was just to big for local rides and to hot in the summer but great on vacations.
The VTX was pretty the way i set t up but the foot pegs would drag so early in a turn and it was so heavy i just had to get rid of it , plus feet forward is not for me.
The Bandit was a Rocket Ship and i miss it very much. My Daughter was riding it this day as we headed over to see Bubba Blackwell a local Hero.
as far as the CB1100 I am just now starting to put it through its paces and appreciate it as the bike I need with adequate pickup and power. I like the balance and maneuverability but the 6 piston ABS Linked brakes is why i will keep this bike

 
Back
Top