Pre-Superbowl Ride

pdedse

Moderator
Staff member
Thread starter
With temps near 60 and bright and sunny skies, it would be criminal to stay inside watching Superbowl buildup. Decided to head south out of Gresham towards the Molalla area.

Signs said "no trespassing" and "violators will be shot" and "24 hour video surveillance"...I was just checking the maps...
38b487d7b6704bd27f5fc81ce94d6e89.jpg


There is the town of Molalla and the river which runs south to north eventually feeding the Williamette.

Stopped to do a little reading by the water's edge.
9b284710c0f386809ba25756b70930ea.jpg


18705edcd637e5536e9732102bd2831d.jpg


Bridge over the River Molalla
b941249679d48cb31b501e24e75cc0ab.jpg


ceefd902adb76375194a3075f5e6b032.jpg


A bit of logging going on among the strands of forest.
0bfe931597a15521228ef0d3929e83ec.jpg


Did about 90 miles just meandering the roads. A great day. We've had more than usuall sunny days this winter. Last year at this time we were in the middle of 17" of snow over the course of 3-4 days, so I'll take this.

Got home and changed the oil and filter at 15,150 miles.
 
I feel compelled to say again that Oregon has some stunning country.
 
pdedse_imp said:
With temps near 60 and bright and sunny skies, it would be criminal to stay inside watching Superbowl buildup. Decided to head south out of Gresham towards the Molalla area.

Signs said "no trespassing" and "violators will be shot" and "24 hour video surveillance"...I was just checking the maps...
38b487d7b6704bd27f5fc81ce94d6e89.jpg


There is the town of Molalla and the river which runs south to north eventually feeding the Williamette.

Stopped to do a little reading by the water's edge.
9b284710c0f386809ba25756b70930ea.jpg


18705edcd637e5536e9732102bd2831d.jpg


Bridge over the River Molalla
b941249679d48cb31b501e24e75cc0ab.jpg


ceefd902adb76375194a3075f5e6b032.jpg


A bit of logging going on among the strands of forest.
0bfe931597a15521228ef0d3929e83ec.jpg


Did about 90 miles just meandering the roads. A great day. We've had more than usuall sunny days this winter. Last year at this time we were in the middle of 17" of snow over the course of 3-4 days, so I'll take this.

Got home and changed the oil and filter at 15,150 miles.
I like the shelter shot pedese.
 
Thread starter
Well, I hope forum members don't tire of CB1100 in Oregon photos. It is a beautiful state and I do enjoy sharing the views with others. I mentioned in another thread that we may not be here in OR beyond a few more years. Will be doing a couple of trips this spring to Tucson, southern Utah and perhaps Nevada to scope out some post-career places to live. Been on our minds quite a bit this last year and so now everytime I go riding I'm thinking, "hmmm, may not be down this particular road or that much longer".
 
never tire of your photos pdedse. Appreciate them very much.
 
I lived in Portland , Gresham when I got out of the Air Force. 77-78 . I had to leave due to family emergencies. I had every intention of moving back but never did . Love the social atmosphere there. Absolutely love being able see the snow on Mt Hood, and a hour drive west watching whales.
 
Thread starter
obleo_imp said:
I lived in Portland , Gresham when I got out of the Air Force. 77-78 . I had to leave due to family emergencies. I had every intention of moving back but never did . Love the social atmosphere there. Absolutely love being able see the snow on Mt Hood, and a hour drive west watching whales.
Mt. Hood is beautiful, many of my rides have it as a backdrop or it is the destination. Fun on the trails with the KLR as well. Whales...been here 23 years and still haven't seen whales! That would be a photo challenge...your CB1100 with a whale in the background.
 
pdedse_imp said:
obleo_imp said:
I lived in Portland , Gresham when I got out of the Air Force. 77-78 . I had to leave due to family emergencies. I had every intention of moving back but never did . Love the social atmosphere there. Absolutely love being able see the snow on Mt Hood, and a hour drive west watching whales.
Mt. Hood is beautiful, many of my rides have it as a backdrop or it is the destination. Fun on the trails with the KLR as well. Whales...been here 23 years and still haven't seen whales! That would be a photo challenge...your CB1100 with a whale in the background.
Sometimes it really just boils down to timing. Timing is everything.
 
Can't help with the CB, pdedse, but here's a consolation of sorts. My wife and I spent nearly half of last year sailing our boat most of the length of the Queensland coast. We saw plenty of whales. One morning we were lucky that a passing boat took this picture. That's our boat in the background.

 
Thread starter
Cormanus...1/2 year on the boat!?! That's awesome...would love to do that. Whales right there!! Ok, I'm visiting...just one question...What IS that you are trailering behind your boat!?!

bf5c561c4477fa9ea50ae2a4ebdf2bbe.png
 
pdedse_imp said:
Cormanus...1/2 year on the boat!?! That's awesome...would love to do that. Whales right there!! Ok, I'm visiting...just one question...What IS that you are trailering behind your boat!?!

bf5c561c4477fa9ea50ae2a4ebdf2bbe.png
:rofl:
 
Good one Pd!!

I’ve been to sea for 1/2 year and more, but I don’t go to sea on any boat less than 1100ft long and has nuclear reactors in the basement and an airport on the roof!
 
Cormanus: By chance - any porpoise in the vicinity of the whale? Great snap.

When I was sailing in the Sea of Cortez, often porpoise would preclude or follow a whale.
 
pdedse_imp said:
Cormanus...1/2 year on the boat!?! That's awesome...would love to do that. Whales right there!! Ok, I'm visiting...just one question...What IS that you are trailering behind your boat!?!

bf5c561c4477fa9ea50ae2a4ebdf2bbe.png
:rofl:

Au₂O₃, don't recall any dolphins that day.
 
Back
Top